• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

VIN #19 is in showroom and can be yours for $225k

A dealer nearby has VIN #19 in the showroom and has contacted me to say they lowered their asking price from $260k to $225k. This car is ready to be handed over in case anyone wants to negotiate with the dealer. Please PM me for the direct contact of the seller if you are interested. I have no stake in this car and was contacted by the dealer after I inquired of the price and told him of my involvement with the NSXCA.

This is not a spot in line to wait for the allotment - this is a production car in stock and ready to be titled.

BERLINA BLACK
CARBON FIBER ROOF W/SIRIUSXM ANTENNA
CURVA RED
RED SEMI-ANILINE LEATHER/ALCANTARA SEAT TRIM
Turbocharged
All Wheel Drive
Active Suspension
Power Steering
ABS
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Brake Assist
Locking/Limited Slip Differential
Aluminum Wheels
Tires - Front Performance
Tires - Rear Performance
Heated Mirrors
Power Mirror(s)
Integrated Turn Signal Mirrors
Rear Defrost
Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers
Rain Sensing Wipers
Daytime Running Lights
Automatic Headlights
AM/FM Stereo
MP3 Player
Bluetooth Connection
Auxiliary Audio Input
HD Radio
Smart Device Integration
Steering Wheel Audio Controls
Bucket Seats
Adjustable Steering Wheel
Trip Computer
Leather Steering Wheel
Keyless Entry
Keyless Start
Remote Trunk Release
Universal Garage Door Opener
Cruise Control
Climate Control
Multi-Zone A/C
Leather Seats
Premium Synthetic Seats
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
Driver Vanity Mirror
Passenger Vanity Mirror
Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror
Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror
Floor Mats
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Security System
Engine Immobilizer
Stability Control
Traction Control
Front Side Air Bag
Tire Pressure Monitor
Driver Air Bag
Passenger Air Bag
Front Head Air Bag
Passenger Air Bag Sensor
Knee Air Bag
Back-Up Camera

Last edited:
Good to see the pigs at Rallye Acura on Long Island have to wallow a bit from their stealership ways

They asked me to put my car in the dealership next to one of the new ones... guessing this is the car

hope there are other options on that car other than the CF roof and upgraded seats for $225.

Not horrible if you really want to be one of the first and did not get on the list early enough...this car configured on line might be 195k so really just a 30k premium which is jump change for those truly able to afford a 200k sports car.

uh...did you subtract 178500 from 225000...and get 50000:eek::confused:

For 225k I would still rather own a Mclaren. I look at it this way, either prices will jump even higher after people get their hands on them and figure out what the car can do, or those dealer mark ups will soon be dealer incentives. From the looks of things, I see many incentives coming. Not because it isn't a great car, but because of the price range compared to faster cars in its class. I always see an awful amount of wheel spin in test videos for a super handling all wheel drive car on the track. Maybe it is just dummy drivers? But we shall see. It also looks really quick when launched. But like all small engines, it seems to run out of breath after 100 mph. I'd still LOVE to have one. But I'd rather buy a vacation home for that cost...

I am unable to join the words vacation (time off) and home (always some work to do)
You have to leave the phone and the computer behind.:wink: That way, the shit storm will just wait for your return.

Sorry, I meant work on and around the house, resulting in not much vacation
Gotcha. Homeownership sucks sometimes. Anyways, who is going to swoop down and grab this car here?

I hope no one

It would be awesome if Rallye got no offers over sticker and also got docked an allocation for being a stealership (both events unlikely)

I think MSRP will be it. the dealer mark up will go away very quickly. the first one in each store will get a premium, but after that, i dont see it lasting long.

the way acura is going now, they'll put the incentive on the leases.

Yeah. Unfortunately Honda doesn't have the premium badge for the price. For example, I just bought a 2016 Hyundai Equus. The car was msrp of 70k and I drove it home for 54k. The reason? Because it is a new player to the luxury car brand and lacks the premium name. It isn't a pig either. It has 430 hp v8 and every single stinking option on the damn planet. It was a bargain! Kinda like how the old Nsx was. The new one, bargain it is not. Unfortunately. Once it gets down to the real msrp of 156,000 I might buy one.

I'm a bit surprised this car is still at the dealership. I would have thought someone in or around that marketplace would have gobbled it quickly. I was certainly younger when the original came out and my memory may be off, but I don't remember the originals lingering around the dealership for very long when they first came out (naturally as it aged 93+ a number of them languished at dealerships). I thought the originals were purchased rather quickly.

Wouldn't the first cars serve better for a testdrive for serious buyers than to sale quickly and not have real buyers be wary of buying a $155K+ car that have yet to drive?

For 225k I would still rather own a Mclaren. I look at it this way, either prices will jump even higher after people get their hands on them and figure out what the car can do, or those dealer mark ups will soon be dealer incentives. From the looks of things, I see many incentives coming. Not because it isn't a great car, but because of the price range compared to faster cars in its class..
Here's the thing, none of the other cars in that class are pulling a huge markup, other than stuff like the 911R and GT3RS. The 488 can pull a premium because of the Prancing Horse but right now you can buy a R8, Turbo S, 570S, and even a Huracan at MSRP. In the case of the 650S you can get discounts of multiple tens of thousands of dollars.

The pool is a lot deeper these days for supercars so big markups are not gonna be as easy to sell anymore. Not only that, but buyers have access to a lot more information these days. Now a buyer can easily search online all over the country for a car not being sold at a markup.

I think MSRP will be it. the dealer mark up will go away very quickly. the first one in each store will get a premium, but after that, i dont see it lasting long.

the way acura is going now, they'll put the incentive on the leases.

yep, i could agree with that...

Yeah. Unfortunately Honda doesn't have the premium badge for the price.

100%

Wouldn't the first cars serve better for a testdrive for serious buyers than to sale quickly and not have real buyers be wary of buying a $155K+ car that have yet to drive?

that isn't the plan remember?

if the car is sitting at the dealership, it isn't as hot as it's supposed to be...

- - - Updated - - -

nothing i hate more than greed. i hope that car sits there until they sell it at a loss...

wow, they've really dropped the price by $62,500 in less than a month? looks like you're not the only one who's desire has cooled off...

They haven't dropped price down to msrp. They just have that listed and you need to email for the asking price.

image.png

Last edited:
Back