• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

VIN #19 is in showroom and can be yours for $225k

I do not know if there for sale but I do know that there are two other dealerships who have cars in already. Paragon Acura has one on the showroom floor right now

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

DCH Acura in NJ

attachment.php

Attachments

• 13754645_10208804535287366_1883807701189818847_n.jpg
    13754645_10208804535287366_1883807701189818847_n.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 497
  • 13620805_1172928386062617_5039262128814716888_n.jpg
    13620805_1172928386062617_5039262128814716888_n.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
They asked me to put my car in the dealership next to one of the new ones... guessing this is the car

Nice. Hopefully that gets you a short test drive in the gen-2. Just curious - have you confirmed that your or their insurance will cover it when there? For whatever reason, my insurer gave me the biggest heartache when I contemplated lending mine to Simeone last year, saying they would not cover it when under someone else's housing/control. Simeone said their insurance wouldn't cover the cars and expected each owner's insurance to handle that. It wasn't worth the risk or hassle to chase down who was correct but it sure put me on alert anytime it's possible that mine would be considered "under someone else's control" from a liability standpoint for a day or days. Maybe I was fed garbage info from one or both sides and hopefully you have better info!

Nice. Hopefully that gets you a short test drive in the gen-2. Just curious - have you confirmed that your or their insurance will cover it when there? For whatever reason, my insurer gave me the biggest heartache when I contemplated lending mine to Simeone last year, saying they would not cover it when under someone else's housing/control. Simeone said their insurance wouldn't cover the cars and expected each owner's insurance to handle that. It wasn't worth the risk or hassle to chase down who was correct but it sure put me on alert anytime it's possible that mine would be considered "under someone else's control" from a liability standpoint for a day or days. Maybe I was fed garbage info from one or both sides and hopefully you have better info!

Your own insurance covers you first and if there is any negligence/culpability on the owner of the premises where the vehicle is being stored then your insurance company will go after them in a subrogation action for reimbursement.

Thanks Bob, that makes sense. All the more reason to shop around for insurance, as I'm considering trying Grundy or others for agreed-value. If that's how it works generally, then that type of message is what should have been conveyed and not 'the sky will fall.'

Back on topic: [MENTION=23261]arista5[/MENTION] Looking forward to photos of yours & the gen-2.

They haven't dropped price down to msrp. They just have that listed and you need to email for the asking price.

attachment.php

interesting. if i was looking at that ad i'd assume that was the price. but, i can see how they might try to hit you with another higher price also. $197,500 still isn't necessarily MSRP either.

the one thing it does prove is that dealers are not flying them off showroom floors with huge mark-ups...

People can't wait to get their own new NSX - that's the reality. Don't let a few showroom NSX that are meant to bait attention and serve other purposes make you think otherwise. If someone actually ponies up the extra mark-up, then dealership still wins. It's a win-win situation for them. The limited production has cemented that, especially in heavy metropolitan areas.

The new owners want their own specific configurations at an agreed price not one that was picked by the dealer.

you're version of reality is unlikely to be actual reality. what you just said completely contradicts itself.

i'm curious to see how the allotment sells at the end of the run however, if they sell out all 800 cars...

History is repeating itself from 1991 recalling how the original NSX rollout went......

Waited till 1994 to jump into a new NSX & was very happy with what I got.

History is repeating itself from 1991 recalling how the original NSX rollout went......
Waited till 1994 to jump into a new NSX & was very happy with what I got.

Right you are!
Despite the "made to order" plan there are unsold NSX's at above MSRP sitting in showrooms.

Don't know why Honda didn't offer initial cars to dealer principals for their showrooms/personal use to be registered and not resold.
The rest of the cars could have been sold on consignment with the dealership getting paid a commission for selling it.
Ducati are the masters of this.

Right you are!
Despite the "made to order" plan there are unsold NSX's at above MSRP sitting in showrooms.

Don't know why Honda didn't offer initial cars to dealer principals for their showrooms/personal use to be registered and not resold.
The rest of the cars could have been sold on consignment with the dealership getting paid a commission for selling it.

But if they are doing it without registering the car as incentive for first owner instead of second-hand owners. Even tho pre-owned buyers have been shown to pay that premium when exotics are limited ala Ferrari.

But if they are doing it without registering the car as incentive for first owner instead of second-hand owners. Even tho pre-owned buyers have been shown to pay that premium when exotics are limited ala Ferrari.

ahhh, yes. Ducati, Ferrari. if the Italians were building the NSX, there would be a 3 year waiting list already, and they'd be selling every one at $200k over sticker right through... :cool:

I can't understand why anyone would buy a new NSX from the showroom floor, unless by some sheer fluke it was the exact spec that they would have configured themselves, and at a discount, and been available months before their made to order car was available. The chances of this happening a virtually nil, so it is not worth going into.
Demonstrator cars should be exactly that - for demonstration only, not available for sale for at least a year, if not longer. This would encourage people who insist on driving the car first before placing an order actually do that - place an order. The demo car should then be available for more people to do the same. If the demo cars are sold, then there won't be a car for people to sit in and drive before ordering - this will surely hurt future sales.
The new NSX was / is marketed as built to order, and to be specced by the customer. Allowing a demo car to be sold kind of spoils that part of the transaction, ruining the exclusivity and status of the NSX.

The new NSX was / is marketed as built to order, and to be specced by the customer. Allowing a demo car to be sold kind of spoils that part of the transaction, ruining the exclusivity and status of the NSX.

Not only that but a guy can wake up today and have his new NSX tomorrow while people like me order in Feb and still cant even get an estimate on delivery. I have seriously thought about saying screw this whole process and just buy a McLaren.

I am always amazed that most of the Porches are purchased off the lot Nick.

The way I see it, most folks are not that patient and it is easier for them to buy something they see right in front of them instead of having to imaginee how it will turn out. That is why turn key real estate sells so well.

I am continually shocked at how crippled Acura is at this process.

When I was pointing out to the rep how dumb it was that they didn't offer a nose lift to address the front of the car being so low, I learned that some engineer put together a ball on a spring gadget. Get this, the dealer installs the gadget on an ILX to simulate the nose of an NSX so they will see where on their property the NSX will scrape (WTF).

When I was pointing out to the rep how dumb it was that they didn't offer a nose lift to address the front of the car being so low, I learned that some engineer put together a ball on a spring gadget. Get this, the dealer installs the gadget on an ILX to simulate the nose of an NSX so they will see where on their property the NSX will scrape (WTF).

A nose lift would require some hydraulics and suspension gadgets all adding weight and complexity.
Glad Honda didn't waste time and money on it.
Hearing that a dealership is actually checking to see where on their property an NSX would scrape is encouraging.

I really enjoy the counterpoints here

To me the low nose is a design error

Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche McLaren offer nose lifts, just part of the game. Acura, run by Homer Simpson does not

Does anyone have dealership photos of the new Nsx in black? I gotta say, the new Nsx in white is awesome. But I wanna see it in black and not professional photography black, which I have seen already and is still my favorite.

Looks awesome, I plan to visit one of these showrooms tomorrow

interesting. if i was looking at that ad i'd assume that was the price. but, i can see how they might try to hit you with another higher price also. $197,500 still isn't necessarily MSRP either.

the one thing it does prove is that dealers are not flying them off showroom floors with huge mark-ups...

I received an email from the NSXCA yesterday saying that this car is being offered at a lower price for NSXCA members.

I received an email from the NSXCA yesterday saying that this car is being offered at a lower price for NSXCA members.

The dealerhsip is apparently asking $50K over MSRP but prepared to sell at $25K over to an NSXCA member.
Tells me there's no interest at $50K over so are offering offline to NSXCA members at a discount.
Believe all NSXCA members who want one have ordered already at MSRP.

Great car, great engineering, weak marketing group.
Delivering unsold cars to dealers who are advertising nationally and marking it up over MSRP.
Next will be more unsold deliveries to dealers, more unsold cars advertised, more discounting by dealers, and loss of exclusivity.
Meantime real buyers await deliveries.

We're I the head seller at Honda I'd suspend deliveries to dealers and direct shipments to real owners until all the current dealer unsold's are gone.

sounds like a huge cock up...

As Steve said, 1991 all over again.
Hugh could be right, better to stay away until all this has cleared itself up.
This lack of professionalism reflects poorly on Honda, the new NSX, and those who put their money down for an early delivery.

As Steve said, 1991 all over again.
Hugh could be right, better to stay away until all this has cleared itself up.
This lack of professionalism reflects poorly on Honda, the new NSX, and those who put their money down for an early delivery.

If you want a deal - 100% agree, early is not the time to buy. For some though, owning the latest "hot" car is worth extra $$. For others, the car fits like a glove and the price jump may not matter and for others still it might just be the right time to buy.

Prudence though would caution to wait for several years to get a car with the hiccups worked out (snap-ring) and the pricing/demand to drop. That is true for most all new releases though.

Back