• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

------ VIS CARBON FIBER GROUP BUY ----------

Call VIS and see for yourself a oem hood will be sold to you for amost $700 bucks if not more, depending on who answers the phone and what mood his in.

Its people like Acura NsX Pilot that make me sick to even bring anything like this to the forum. I go out of my way to talk with the vender to get the nsx family a better deal and this is what i get..

I swore up and down after all the BS that i was put threw with the reverse guages, that i would never post any good deals i herd about. BUT, i was like hmmm i helped sell over 100 and just 2 people werent happy, thats not bad....

Im not the person that people like Acura NsX Pilot had a prob with, it was the vender. WHY scoled me for something i didnt do, I held my part up and gave the list....

To think that i DIDNT benifit at all from that and i wasnt going to benifit from this...

LUD...
You are right though they are fiberglass under the hood.

You know what, close this post LUD!

[This message has been edited by THEPOGNSXTC (edited 03 February 2003).]

Pog:

Do you have other angled shots that don't show the reflection, but rather the actual CF material? Try a side close up shot or something similar.... while showing it on the NSX...

Thanks,

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

I have installed VIS hoods for some of my customers. The vendor says they are from China. Who knows? They do look nice and fit well but they are not perfect. Some pinholes in the finish. I don't believe they are carbon fiber over fiber glass but unidirectional fiberglass over laid up fiber glass with a clear resin top coat. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like true carbon fiber to me, at least not the ones I've used. They do make people stop and look.

Lets hope this group buy turns out to be better then the last one which you promoted.
I still havent gotten over that one ..some deal that was
kaioken.gif

I found on the Invader hood that I had to re-glue the inner supports to the outer skin. Some of the bonds didn't hold, it wasn't a big deal. Sorry Pog didn't mean to get you in a lather or any intend any slight. We're all here to share our experiences and observations. I don't know everthing -haven't seen it yet
smile.gif

------------------
www.vincesautobodyworks.com

Back