• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Visit to the Honda museum in Torrance

Les.......in his infinite "run master" guru wisdom has foolishly kicked this one back to me so please provide the contact info via PM and I will try to nail this down. If i run into too many dead ends rest assured I will throw my hands up in despair and kick it back to the general Prime populace. There IS a reason I have a "RETIRED---DON'T ASK ME TO DO A DAMN THING" sticker in my garage. :sleeping:

alan

Alan you have a pm. Good luck in the organization of the meet.

I received the contact info from Vanishing Point (thank you) and sent an email to "David" at the American Honda Museum this morning. At this time I am waiting for his reply as to: 1) whether we will be permitted to visit and 2) when. I have asked for the 1/18-21 time period to accommodate Cincy Jamie but it will be up to AHM to decide the date. Once I hear from AHM I will provide a further update and assuming it's a go I will set a meeting place/time. IF adhesivo would like to take this back and run with it I am totally OK...........it is not my intent to hijack this idea. alan

Last edited:
Nononono I'm super happy you guys are doing this.

I received the contact info from Vanishing Point (thank you) and sent an email to "David" at the American Honda Museum this morning. At this time I am waiting for his reply as to: 1) whether we will be permitted to visit and 2) when. I have asked for the 1/18-21 time period to accommodate Cincy Jamie but it will be up to AHM to decide the date. Once I hear from AHM I will provide a further update and assuming it's a go I will set a meeting place/time. IF adhesivo would like to take this back and run with it I am totally OK...........it is not my intent to hijack this idea. alan
Nice work GO KRT!!! Man i'm crossing my fingers the dates work out. Thanks for your efforts!!!! Looking forward to meetin you guys if this all comes together!!!

I gave David a link to this website so he can gauge our level of interest. I still have not heard back from him via email and I was out of pocket / out of cell coverage for most of the day. If anyone is reading this thread and INTERESTED in going make those intentions known please so David can see our level of interest.

I have been wanting to visit the Honda Museum for the longest time. Sign me up please :)

I received David's response today and here it is:

Hi Alan, sorry for the delay in this response. I would be glad to open up
> the Collection hall for the NSX group. The 19th or 21st would be best for
> me right now. Please let me know what day and time would work best for you
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]> then I can confirm. thxs[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]I wrote back and told him 1/19 would "probably" be better since it was MLK day and some of you might actually have that day off work. I'm also thinking it's a Monday and maybe some of you "got sick over the weekend"....or you just want to take a personal day (?). I don't know what time slot (how late or early) we are allowed to pick so I wrote back to him and asked him to clarify. I guess most of you would prefer evening if you have to work that day but I don't even know if evening is possible. I'm now awaiting his additional response and I will keep the group updated as I receive any new information

alan
[/FONT]

Hey Alan, thanks for setting this all up. MLK day would be great! Im still in.

This is the most recent response from David:

Alan, I would say that the right amount of time for a short tour and time
to look around the museum is 1 and a half hours to two hours. Start time
can be from 9:00 am Latest would be 4:30 .. So 9:00-11:00 or 1:00-3:00
your call.. thxs

If we do the 19th I think we should do the 1P arrival time to avoid as much LA traffic as possible. I don't mean to be throwing Cincy Jamie to the curb but I have also asked David if any weekend dates were open in early January if that would mean a greater number of people could attend. Does anyone who has expressed an interest have a problem with 1/19? Please speak up. If we are going to do this I would like to get a good turnout and not have people wishing they could have gone if only it was another day........... Once we nail the date/time I'm going to start another thread and reference back to this one so we can develop a list of who is going. :indecisiveness:

1/19th sounds perfect to me! And as you mentioned, 1pm is better than 9am, definitely.
I understand more people could come if done in a weekend, so I'm flexible. Just don't do it too early in the morning.

Last edited:
I'm in.. 11am sound good .... Miss the morning and afternoon traffic ...:smile:

19th is great for me!

It looks like MOST of you CAN do the 19th so............

I just got off the phone with David and he told me that 1:00P on the 19th works for him --------- BUT he has to make sure he has "backup" for that date in case he is called away on other Honda business. We should be able to get a definite on this within the next 48 hours. He also said "another NSX group of about 20 cars has already done the tour as of last year"......(?) Anyway, when I get the confirmation I will start the new thread and we can begin the roster. alan

It looks like MOST of you CAN do the 19th so............

I just got off the phone with David and he told me that 1:00P on the 19th works for him --------- BUT he has to make sure he has "backup" for that date in case he is called away on other Honda business. We should be able to get a definite on this within the next 48 hours. He also said "another NSX group of about 20 cars has already done the tour as of last year"......(?) Anyway, when I get the confirmation I will start the new thread and we can begin the roster. alan

Cool man, thanks!!!
Put me down for sure.. 1pm works

Back