• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Visiting So Cali & San Diego - 9/21-9/24

Hello,

My girlfriend and I will be visiting the San Diego area for some R&R from this Friday (9-21) and checking out Monday (9-24).

The decision was made in a spur of the moment (we're really stressed out!) so I haven't even booked a hotel yet. So far, on the top of my list are:

LOEWS CORONADO BAY RESORT
W San Diego

If anyone has any other recommendation for hotels in the area, that would be great, I'm looking for something with an oceanfront so I can truly relax. Also, we will be needing some activities to do (we found a place that offers kayaking through La Jolla Cove). We also need some places to eat! :biggrin:

Any recommendation will be appreciated! Also, if you would like to meet up, PM me and we can set something up.

On a side note: I will be in the LA area on Monday noon to afternoon (hopefully to meet Erick and anyone else that can meet up).

I heard it is going to rain Friday night and Sat. morning. And the beach is getting colder, so it will pretty dead at the beaches.

What kind of food do you like? Is there a price limit?

"George at the Cove" is nice in La Jolla.

If you are looking for clubs and bars, then you might want to visit Gaslamp District in Downtown. There are plenty of restaurants there to choose from.

We're open to all kinds of food. Seafood is always great. And any type of Asian.

There's really no price limit but I don't think I want to fine dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. I always enjoy finding those mom and pap places that only focus on a specialty.

Thanks!

Go to Phil's BBQ in the Sports Arena area for lunch. Good stuff.
GoogleMap Link

Or if you're in the mood for light seafood for lunch, go to Point Loma Seafood.
http://www.pointlomaseafoods.com/

If you want dim sum, go to Jasmine Seafood. Get there early.
Jasmine Seafood

The weather is expected to be crappy Friday and Saturday. Sunday morning is the Charger/Packer game, so if you like them, go to a sports bar for Sunday morning brunch.

FuryNSX recommendations are great places.
Point Loma seafood is a great place, but also very busy.
Phils BBQ is very popular.

All three of the following are located near to each other.

For a breakfast experience than try Hash House A Go Go. Very poplular and busy. Award Winning.
Hash House A Go Go
3628 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 298-4646
Hours
Breakfast & Lunch Weekdays: 7:30am-2:00pm | Sat & Sun -2:30pm
Dinner 5:30pm-9:00pm | Fri&Sat-10:00pm
Closed Monday nights

Or try Antique Row Cafe also for breakfast.
Antique Row Cafe
3002 Adams Ave
San Diego, CA 92116
(619) 282-9750

If you like pizza, then a good hole in the wall but very popular is Bronx Pizza. Great New York style thin crust pizza.
Bronx Pizza
111 Washington St
San Diego, CA 92103
(619) 291-3341

I’m also taking the family down south, to Oceanside this Saturday for a one weeks stay at our Timeshare down the road from Camp Pendleton. Will there be any NSX gatherings planned for next week? If so, I will try stopping by.

I’m also taking the family down south, to Oceanside this Saturday for a one weeks stay at our Timeshare down the road from Camp Pendleton. Will there be any NSX gatherings planned for next week? If so, I will try stopping by.
If you're still in town, there will probably be the monthly (last Saturday of the month) exotic meet in Carlsbad near you next Saturday (Sept. 29). BlueBatmobile usually has the details on this.

Back