• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

want to change my user name.

Hello Lud

This is such a great site. Thanks for operating it.

Can you please change my username to NSX2play?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, Moderator,

Can you please change my username to Operand?

Explanation for everyone who isn't a math/science/computer geek: An operand is something that an operator works on, or is performed on. So if you take the square root of 2, the operator is "square root" and the operand is "2"

Or if you do the math 1 + 1 = 2, 1 and 1 are operands, and + is the operator.

My previous name, Postfix, reflected a specific type of math, where you wrote the operator AFTER the operands. Thus, instead of 1 + 1 = 2, you'd write 1, 1 +. It's the system that you'd find on HP calculators (where it's also called Reverse Polish Notation).

But then people thought I was somehow affiliated with the Postfix Internet mail program - which wasn't the plan. So, I'm going with Operand.

Thanks for your interest! :)<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operand#cite_note-0</sup>

Please drop the e from my username to make bngl3rt. Thank you!

Hi, Moderator,

Can you please change my username to Operand?

Explanation for everyone who isn't a math/science/computer geek: An operand is something that an operator works on, or is performed on. So if you take the square root of 2, the operator is "square root" and the operand is "2"

Or if you do the math 1 + 1 = 2, 1 and 1 are operands, and + is the operator.

My previous name, Postfix, reflected a specific type of math, where you wrote the operator AFTER the operands. Thus, instead of 1 + 1 = 2, you'd write 1, 1 +. It's the system that you'd find on HP calculators (where it's also called Reverse Polish Notation).

But then people thought I was somehow affiliated with the Postfix Internet mail program - which wasn't the plan. So, I'm going with Operand.

Thanks for your interest! :)<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operand#cite_note-0</sup>

changed from postfix to Operand

Back