• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Water Meth injection

It is a protptype piece I had machined to fit between the intake and the blower discharge. This was V.1 of the piece and everything went perfect. We are making a few small changes in the nozel placement and the fittings themselves and then it goes into production. Right now we have the older Whipple based system, and then we will make the changes for the Autorotor Based CTSC.

There are a few issues, 1. the blower height is raised about 3/4" and that means you will likely have a problem with the blower rubbing the engine cover, the test car does not run an engine cover so I do not know for sure either way. 2. CTSCs have several different bypass designs that they used over time, so a small piece of 1.5" silicone tube may be needed to account for the new blower height on some of the kits. 3. a longer belt may be needed to account for the raised blower height. 4. With the Whipple longer studs needed to be installed to hold the blower but they will be included with the kit.

We did this on a 91 coupe so I have no idea what other issues could arrise from a Targe brace, we did not have to change the belt as it was running a high boost pulley and the adjuster was tensioned to its extreem limit, now the belt adjuster is at the other extreem full loose limit and the same belt could be used. Install is simple once the blower is removed, the intake can stay in place so no fuel lines or vac lines need be disturbed. For those running Meth on a CTSC this is the best method we could devise without the removal of the entire system and machining the original intake, that would take the process out of the DIY arena and would cost a lot if you hired a shop to bo the work.

Dave
THanks for the continued development on our old cars Dave! We're lucky to have you around here.

It is a protptype piece I had machined to fit between the intake and the blower discharge. This was V.1 of the piece and everything went perfect. We are making a few small changes in the nozel placement and the fittings themselves and then it goes into production. Right now we have the older Whipple based system, and then we will make the changes for the Autorotor Based CTSC.

There are a few issues, 1. the blower height is raised about 3/4" and that means you will likely have a problem with the blower rubbing the engine cover, the test car does not run an engine cover so I do not know for sure either way. 2. CTSCs have several different bypass designs that they used over time, so a small piece of 1.5" silicone tube may be needed to account for the new blower height on some of the kits. 3. a longer belt may be needed to account for the raised blower height. 4. With the Whipple longer studs needed to be installed to hold the blower but they will be included with the kit.

We did this on a 91 coupe so I have no idea what other issues could arrise from a Targe brace, we did not have to change the belt as it was running a high boost pulley and the adjuster was tensioned to its extreem limit, now the belt adjuster is at the other extreem full loose limit and the same belt could be used. Install is simple once the blower is removed, the intake can stay in place so no fuel lines or vac lines need be disturbed. For those running Meth on a CTSC this is the best method we could devise without the removal of the entire system and machining the original intake, that would take the process out of the DIY arena and would cost a lot if you hired a shop to bo the work.

Dave
please keep me informed. I have a whipple and no engine cover. Also running a custom pulley with a different belt. So this sounds perfect for me. Really appreciate this great info.

Back