• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

water pump

My 91 is at the dealer and is going to have the timing belt,water pump etc., service done. My question is that I have read here that the water pump upgrades to the newer style with a new cover. When I told the dealer they said they contacted Acura tech support and they still suggest and stock the origional 1991 style water pump. They say I do not need to get the newer pump and cover, just replace it with the origional style. Is this OK or is there something they or I do not know. By the way I am in Canada and the car is a Canadian model (don't think it makes any difference). Also there are very few NSX's in the province and they really don't work on them as often as the dealers in the States.

Thanks Wade

Sounds like they have old style water pumps left in stock and want to use them up. I prefer the new style water pump. There are good reasons why they changed the design. You may just have to procure your own new style water pump and center timing cover. The old timing cover can be used to save some $$$ they will just have to drill a hole in it for the new style water pumps drain.

Also see this thread for more info:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18198&highlight=timing+cover+new+grommet

Last edited:
Back