• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Weird! Engine Brace removal?

Ok, this is strange: I bought my car new from the dealer about 8 months ago. The only time I've had someone other than myself in the engine bay was the local dealer changing the oil, once. No other warranty work related to the engine.

Today I noticed that all of the bolts for the engine brace show signs of having been removed and replaced - factory paint / spray peeled, nuts rounded at the top from poor tools...

Not sure what it means or what it matters, just venting. Doesn't make sense!

Are you saying that this was not the case before and it just showed up? Or that it might have been the case all along and you just didn't notice it until now?

Well, just noticed it so hard to tell.

Just can't envision why the brace would ever need to be removed, unless something sinister happened to the car at some point in time.

Car has only been away from me twice at the local Acura dealer, both for short periods (oil & tire). No one else drives it.

Originally posted by rquintero:
Well, just noticed it so hard to tell.

Just can't envision why the brace would ever need to be removed, unless something sinister happened to the car at some point in time.

Car has only been away from me twice at the local Acura dealer, both for short periods (oil & tire). No one else drives it.

------------------

I am sure I am not telling you anything you don't already know, but they loosen that brace to do an alignment. You mentioned tires.
Originally posted by rquintero:
Ok, this is strange: I bought my car new from the dealer about 8 months ago. The only time I've had someone other than myself in the engine bay was the local dealer changing the oil, once. No other warranty work related to the engine.

Today I noticed that all of the bolts for the engine brace show signs of having been removed and replaced - factory paint / spray peeled, nuts rounded at the top from poor tools...

Not sure what it means or what it matters, just venting. Doesn't make sense!

------------------

>> they loosen that brace to do an alignment.

Duh! Thanks, I actually didn't know that, but now that you mention it it makes sense. I don't remember paying for an aligment since it was only 1 tire but maybe they went ahead and did one. I can sleep easier now
smile.gif

Back