• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, it's my turn to say "I finnaly got my NSX"!

In 1992 I was driving my newly acquired Prelude from Los Angeles to Channel Islands Harbor when a sleek silver sports car with a black canopy passed me like I was standing still. I did not recognize the car. It was too sleek to be a Corvette and it was not a Ferrari. Since I was still in the break-in period for my Prelude, I could not accelerate to catch up with that silver beauty. However, after a few miles, traffic slowed and I came upon that sports car again. This time a got up close behind the car and too my surprise it was an Acura, actually an NSX. I then proceeded to move around the car to get a good look. The guy probably thought I was stocking him. Anyway, after a few minutes traffic eased and the NSX speed off into the distance again. All during the rest of my trip I could not get that NSX out of my mind, and I ended up saying to myself, that is going to be my next car!

Well, 14 years later I finally got my NSX, a Red/Tan 95 with 63,500 miles on the clock, one of thirteen NSX’s of this color/interior with auto trans imported to North America. She is all stock except for a Viper alarm system and radar detector with remote start, and a Kenwood CD, DVD and navigation system. I found her in Bakersfield, CA, but she started her life in the U.S. back in Saint Louis. MO. I’m the third owner, but the second owner had her only since May of this year (he ran into financial problems and had to sell). The first owner was around 65 years old when he bought her new and he was in his mid 70’s when he sold her. Since the original owner was an old fart and the second owner did not have much time behind the wheel, the car is in excellent condition. The second owner said he put about $7,000 into the car in the last two months. I have receipts for much of that amount. What makes this car a very good value is that not only is she in excellent condition, but the 60,000 miles service and the replacement of the timing belt and water pump was just done in July, and she has new tires up front and nearly new tires in the rear.

I have had her for two weeks now and I have really enjoyed how she drives. I was accustomed to my 92 Prelude (225,000 Miles), which is a very good handling car, but the NSX takes my driving experience to the next level. Except for my Audi 5000, I’ve always had everyday type sports cars, but never a world class sports car; now I have one!

Last edited:
Congrats! and welcome.....now come out to the meets we have once a month at South Coast Acura. Usually its the first thursday of every month starting at 6pm till whenevers.

Thanks Eddie!

Actually, me and my NSX attended the last meet at South Coast Acura. We are shown in photos 5 and 6. I'm kneeling/standing next to my car wearing a black shirt. Being new, I did not speak to anyone, but next time I'll be more sociable.

Congratulations Mario, the search is finally over!

BTW Dali has a great deal on DC headers...:biggrin:

Congrats and welcome. Looks like you got a great car. Red Targa......NICE!

Congratulations. You really had to wait for your dream to come true. Have a lot of fun with it and hook up with some of you local NSXrs. The car is great and the community is even greater.......Steve

Thanks guys,

Can someone show me how to post better quality photos. The restrictions for posting as thumbnails results in poor quality photos.

Thanks,

Mario

mcano said:
Thanks guys,

Can someone show me how to post better quality photos. The restrictions for posting as thumbnails results in poor quality photos.

Thanks,

Mario

I think you need to have it hosted and then point a link to it.........Steve

mcano said:
Thanks guys,

Thanks,

Mario
I had the same problem in all my earlier post untill I figured out I could use this link to any forum, not just the Fiero forum.
http://www.myfiero.com/index.php?
enjoy
btw: just click on IMAGEHOST

Well,

I'm having a lot of fun with the car. Although the NSX is not as nimble as my Prelude with 4-wheel steering, it is a hell of a lot faster and definitely corners better – I can feel the G-s.

Dennis, thanks for the headers tip, but if I spend any more money on the car my wife is going to make me sleep in it. In a few years, I’ll make some mods to make up for the 252 HP that comes with an auto. The auto is not so bad, however it would be better if it was a 5-speed auto like the one in my wife’s MDX. The auto is really nice when I’m stuck in LA traffic. I also take advantage of the navigation system. I can always find the nearest Starbucks!

Vivek, how’s your car? I’ve gotten over you beating me to Terry’s car LOL.

Mike, have you picked up your car yet?

Thanks again guys,

Mario

Very nice, congratulations in your purchase, i'm a prelude guy too 177K but i've delayed my nsx dream getting an S2k .. enjoy your NSX for me :D
OScar

Mario, YOU DA MAN!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Looks like a real beautiful car. Can you sleep at night?:biggrin:
I am happy for you..:smile:

Terry

Thanks topgearnsx! I was fortunate to find a very nice NSX relatively close to me. I thought for sure I was going to have to out of state, like in the south where the cars are generally less costly.

Thanks again,

Mario

Back