• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What could he have been thinking?

As many of you know I finally picked up my first NSX from KCity and drove it all the way home to Florida this week. Now a question that disturbs me is this:

Why would a guy in a Dodge Neon try to get me to race? He followed me, put his lights in my face, pulled up along side, gunned his car, etc...

I never took my car off cruise control. Does this happen alot? What could this idiot possibly have been thinking? Is there any single one of us that would have played with this fool?

b

blavenia said:
As many of you know I finally picked up my first NSX from KCity and drove it all the way home to Florida this week. Now a question that disturbs me is this:

Why would a guy in a Dodge Neon try to get me to race? He followed me, put his lights in my face, pulled up along side, gunned his car, etc...

I never took my car off cruise control. Does this happen alot? What could this idiot possibly have been thinking? Is there any single one of us that would have played with this fool?

b

Yeah that's pretty normal. Lots of four door accords with exhausts and lifted trucks try and race the venurable NSX. :rolleyes:

Best to stay away from them as best as you can. From what I can tell from the news apparently in the event they lose control and crash it can somehow now become your fault, I guess the point being that you're no longer supposed to keep score points for "reserve kills" they prefer that you call them in. :biggrin:

Arata: Yes, it is. I've been riding about 25 years, raced for more than a few, and I'm still stupid enough to do stoppies in shorts!

Ha! Great one IsR.

You should still come out and have some fun with us at Jennings. 42 and still racing CCS!! Nice stopping tho. My crf50 just whip my a$$.

blavenia said:
Arata: Yes, it is. I've been riding about 25 years, raced for more than a few, and I'm still stupid enough to do stoppies in shorts!
1) At least he has a helmet.
2) I used to drive a Camaro (modified 1968), then a Trans Am...
I was always racing (young/stupid) and probably proving my ride was as fast as an expensive one with pedigree. As I matured and the cars (and tires, gas, etc...) got more expensive...I had less and less to prove and more reason to not get in trouble or DIE.
I still probably drive way too fast...but not with other cars (playing or competition)...you don't know anything about the other person (undercover cop, idiot, nothing to lose, etc...).

i brought mine down from st.paul to k.c. and i get everyone trying to race. my friends who ride w/ me ask me does everyone and their mom want to race? pretty much, i think they just want to hear the car run.

davidkimchee said:
A stock SRT neon isnt much slower than a stock NSX.

You may have saved yourself from some self embarrassment.

yea, but the poor fool with the neon goes home in... a neon

who is the real winner :tongue:

blavenia said:

b

Get used to it...the idiot factor is in full force. I drive my NSX all the time and amount of morons I encounter is amazing. Just this past week I had an old beat up red Neon with 'DODGE' stickers on the fender try to race me on the expressway. Then a new silver Impala SS with handicapped plates (WTH??) decided he wanted to try and race me as well. People are just stupid.

I too have this happen, and a few times the loud exhaust has actually startled me as they passed and "gunned" it in neutral. The funniest one though was a mid to late 90's Grand Cherokee that was missing most of the front bumper. A kid (late teens to early 20's had was sitting at the intersection as I turned across it and actually had thrown the trans up into neutral and was hanging out of the window leering at me while he revved up that POS. Not sure why, but I laughed for a couple of days after everytime I visualized it.:biggrin:

Okay, so this obviously isn't a rare thing. I guess I'll have to start getting used to it.

But, the day I lose to a Neon is the day I never set foot in my car again. I'd have to be the worst driver in the world.

Hope you like staring at your car. :tongue:

J/K but if a srt-4 tries to race you they most likely will win.

Short story is you have a 90k car don't street race a punk in a neon.
streetracing is bad... mmmmmkkkk???

kapnkrunch2 said:
Hope you like staring at your car. :tongue:

J/K but if a srt-4 tries to race you they most likely will win.

Short story is you have a 90k car don't street race a punk in a neon.
streetracing is bad... mmmmmkkkk???

they would still win on the highway?!?!

well just go over 130 or so and he'll hit the speed limiter and you're golden lol

blavenia said:
Okay, so this obviously isn't a rare thing. I guess I'll have to start getting used to it.

But, the day I lose to a Neon is the day I never set foot in my car again. I'd have to be the worst driver in the world.

I got smoked by a Neon and I knew they were fairly fast. Mild mods to an SRT4 will but it into the 12's. My car is not stock and is running VERY low 13's and this guy ran away. I later saw a dyno on his car putting down 380 whp. Be cautious!!

Back