• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did you do when you first get your NSX?

I brought it home and my dad was not pleased to see I bought a two seater car. I kept coming down the stair at nights to make sure nobody steal my car... in my garage (I was very paranoid then, ever check the stove to see if its really off or not?). I don't even know how to switch from highlight to low light for fear that I could break the switch and I accidentally disable the power steering.

Drove it home from Long Island NY to Lancaster PA. It had 33 miles on it and was the first time I drove an NSX, over some of the worst highways i've been on.... in January.... and it started snowing. I descovered the NSX with its alignment settings towing the fronts out and the rears in was really 'exciting' to drive in the snow. I got it home, put it to bed, and couldn't wait till the spring thaw.

The day I got my NSX, it rained very hard, almost 9 visibility. So I drove it around in the parking lot, and listened to the music in the car for 2 hours looking at the rain falling on the beautiful hood!

The day I bought my NSX was the Monday after I saw the car in person (right after scNSXgirl looked at it, as a matter of fact), I met the seller at Basch Acura for a pre-purchase inspection, then rode with him across town to my credit union to get the cashier's check. What a long drive that was, I was so nervous thinking something was going to happen to the car before I gained possession of it, and all that work would've been for nothing!

Anyway, we made it there fine, and did our business then drove across the street to the DMV to transfer the title. That was a long wait too; I kept going out to the parking lot to check on the X. Finally, we got our turn and signed the paperwork, and I drove the NSX again for the second time. I wasn't used to the manual steering or the brakes yet, and nearly rear-ended someone on the way home. I parked the car in the garage, took some pics, and gave the seller a ride home in my Stealth. After that I had to go into work...thank goodness I had the pics with me or I would've gone crazy!

I spent hours in my garage that evening getting familiar with the NSX, and didn't get much sleep that night. :)

Drove it home and parked it in the garage. Then i couldn't go to sleep so every 30 mins i would go down and check my car and come back up with a huge grin on my face:D. hehe didn't get much sleep that night...

Hmm, as for when I first got my NSX, while I was at the dealership negotiating on the price, my wife was back home clearing out the second space in the garage so that I had a place to park it.

She's really cool. :D

-Randy

I couldn't stop admiring it!

When I got the '91 NSX I drove it home, took pictures, washed it, then put it in the garage and started to disassemble the interior to do a full detailing on it. After that was done I proceeded to go prowl the back roads for places where the car could stretch its legs. :)

When I bought the '94 NSX it was near Chicago (3 hours from home), so I spent the majority of the night driving home in a rain storm following my '02 S2000 that had my brother driving it. It was a long drive home, but a fun one. :D

I did not tell any of my friends from home that I bought either of the cars. It took them weeks to find out...all the while they would call me with 'sightings' of NSX's....they did not know it was me because of the window tint being dark. I love that...I do that whenever I buy a new car...never tell them. ;)

Hopefully by next Tuesday I can respond properly to this question. I am waiting for my 97 Spa Yellow NSX-T to arrive !!!! I purcashed it 2 weeks ago and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered :) . When it gets here I'll tell you what happens . Till then , all I do is watch the progress of it coming to me in NJ from Las Vegas by the tracking # from the shipper. The wait is killing ME !!! :D

Drove my 97 from the Sarasota Airport to my area, which is about 10 miles north of Baltimore. Took me 16 hours and I only stopped 3 times for fuel and deposits;)

NJ NSX said:
Hopefully by next Tuesday I can respond properly to this question. I am waiting for my 97 Spa Yellow NSX-T to arrive !!!! I purcashed it 2 weeks ago and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered :) . When it gets here I'll tell you what happens . Till then , all I do is watch the progress of it coming to me in NJ from Las Vegas by the tracking # from the shipper. The wait is killing ME !!! :D

LOL!! Where is it now?? :)

hlweyl said:
Drove my 97 from the Sarasota Airport to my area, which is about 10 miles north of Baltimore. Took me 16 hours and I only stopped 3 times for fuel and deposits;)

Yep...sounds like me...when I buy a car I want it right then, so I usually end up traveling to where it is and driving it straight home. :)

NJ NSX said:
Just left Vegas Today :eek: !!!

Wow...it sat there for 2 weeks?? When it gets near Indiana let me know and I will check on it for you. Maybe I can get a picture of it on the truck if he stops around here. :)

NJ NSX said:
Hopefully by next Tuesday I can respond properly to this question. I am waiting for my 97 Spa Yellow NSX-T to arrive !!!!
Very smart, to buy your NSX right before NSXPO is held close to your home. :D October 8-12, hold the dates...

When I first bought my car, after never even sitting inside an NSX before, I drove my new baby 2000 miles from Houston to Sacramento. That was the most exhilarating drive of my life. I didn't even "get on it" much..., I just admired that I was driving such an awesome car. Of course, after driving 30 hours straight, I slept about 4 hours, then leapt out of bed and proceeded to spend the rest of the day washing the car and visiting my car buddies. No "No-doze" is needed when there is an NSX in the garage.

:D :D :D

Yes , it sat in the shipping yard for 2 weeks waiting for a truck to come East.

Meeyatch1 , thanks for the offer , but its coming to NJ in an enclosed truck. It will be on a DAS ( Dependable Auto Shippers ) enclosed carrier.

Where is NSXPO in Oct. ?????

first day

I bought the car in southern california and drove it back to Phoenix, AZ. It was amazing driving down the PCH for a little while... So many fine looking women checking the NSX out.. I felt giddy driving down the PCH. This must feel somewhat like movie stars go through on a 24/7 basis... The canyons just out of San diego are crazy.... Had a blast........:D

had freezing rain when i got my X....roads were really slippery out ..

TCS kept coming on and i thought "why is this X so slow"...

pulled over and checked the owner's manual on how to disable it...

drove it again and said to myself.. time to re-activate the TCS...

Last edited:
I was 23 when I got my NSX, I felt like it was dream driving the car. So much so, that I drove it straight to my sister's house (didn't have a garage yet) and left it in her garage, covered, for 3 weeks till I had to courage to drive her again. She has always been good to me ever since.

Man, if only I can find a girl as sexy, reliable, intelligent, perfect and powerful as the NSX.

BladesNSX said:
Man, if only I can find a girl as sexy, reliable, intelligent, perfect and powerful as the NSX.

They are out there....just believe. :)

First drive home got into a little heated race with a brand new C5- too bad the owner was so damn cocky.

fc81c581.jpg

5inchfatlip said:
First drive home got into a little heated race with a brand new C5- too bad the owner was so damn cocky.

fc81c581.jpg

Who won?

The first day I got my NSX was not pleasant one, had horrible food poisoning (I am extremely allergic to shrimp, never take chance again), had to laying in the bed for nearly 1 week, I basicly had to drag myself to complete the transaction, it was the most painful week in my life.

NSX sat in the garage for almost a week.

my initial impression was that it was surprisingly easy to drive around town and comfortable. My previous car was 99 Lexus GS400.

put NSX in second gear around 4000rpm and step on it, wow! it is really awesome, secnd gear with nitrous on and step on it from around 3000~4000rpm, extremely intense.

Back