• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys think of this license plate?

I was thinking of getting a personalized plate and tried to come up with something original and specific to my car.What do you think of 48nsx01 ?My car was the 48th of production in 2001.

I avoid any license plate that people won't "get" when they see it, and that I have to explain.

If you have

YELLO NSX

or

BILLS NSX

or

2001 NSX

then it's pretty clear.

I agree but IMO it is also cool to have things only nsx owners or fans would. I did not get what the 48 was on my own.

I'm an NSX owner and a fan and I didn't immediately get that the 48 meant 48th car.

Too ambiguous IMHO.

Sorry.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I avoid any license plate that people won't "get" when they see it, and that I have to explain.....

I think a little subtlety is OK; actually preferred by me. It should be identifiable to those you wish it to be (might be only you!) but not necessarily for the masses.
Most people probably wonder what D'Ecosse is all about - if you are Scottish or French, you understand - it means "from Scotland". (I did have just Ecosse in TX, but taken in CA so I got a little creative.)
Anyway, it works for me, had it for almost 5 yrs so it has stuck. I even ink in the apostrophe between the D & E on the plate!!!!
Bottom line is IMHO, don't worry about what anyone else thinks, as long as it works for you.

wink.gif

(Sorry - edit for dumbtypo)

[This message has been edited by D'Ecosse (edited 24 July 2002).]

Apparently the image link works in Netscape, but not in IE.
frown.gif

Whatever, just try the URL link and create to your hearts desire.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

I like being a little subtle, but don't like mentioning the car - they can see that, and if they don't know its an NSX, they can sure see its faster than they are :)

I'll warn you that if people don't understand it, they will drive you crazy when they try to interpret it. I used DVS NSX and everyone asks me, "Who is Dave?" Trust me, it will get old explaining it to everyone.

Originally posted by wilsonp:
I like being a little subtle, but don't like mentioning the car - they can see that, and if they don't know its an NSX, they can sure see its faster than they are :)

Sometimes its the only thing they can see when I pass them.
smile.gif
I won't say this is the fastest car I've driven...but objects in my rear view mirror get smaller quicker than any car I've driven.
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

As Juice says, if people don't understand it, beware! I parked my NSX in Carmel one day and as I got out a pretty girl stopped and asked me,"Is your name Fester?"

My plate: FSTR N U

My Plate: blewbyu

Humm... I wonder what a pretty girl would say to that?

[This message has been edited by blew-by-u (edited 26 July 2002).]

Originally posted by blew-by-u:
My Plate: blewbyu

Humm... I wonder what a pretty girl would say to that?

[This message has been edited by blew-by-u (edited 26 July 2002).]

I tried to order that for my Blue NSX (along with BLUEBYU, BLOOBYU, etc). They were all taken here in CA.
frown.gif

I agree with keeping a plate simple to read. I am a landscape architect and after going a few rounds with the LA DMV, it looks like I am going to get my original, easy to read, personalized plate.......

"GOTBUSH"

I mean come on! I'm in the landscaping industry, what else could it mean?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I'm surprised the DMV censors let that one through.

They probably though it meant "Beater NSX" (as opposed to the pristine one he has in his gaarage).
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back