• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is APPLE planning?

I didn't say this. This was jond.

Or this.

I didn't discuss any of this. I agree that Apple has better partners than Google did starting out, but I did point out that Google did in fact had good partners when it started.

These are all different users.

haha, damn, I need my coffee. Sorry, I'm just waking up. lol

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is helpful for me to play catch up to understand the new e-payment landscape!NSXrebel, do you work at Apple? :)

No, but I just hate when people state misinformation. :)

It's all good. I consider myself device-agnostic; I enjoy both my Nexus 7 and my iPhone 6 and each has their pros and cons. I think we're on the same page though that both Google Wallet and Apple Pay are better than this CurrentC system that is being touted by retailers.

It's all good. I consider myself device-agnostic; I enjoy both my Nexus 7 and my iPhone 6 and each has their pros and cons. I think we're on the same page though that both Google Wallet and Apple Pay are better than this CurrentC system that is being touted by retailers.

Looks like Apple Pay and Google Wallet users are uniting already against this NFC blockade by CVS, Ride Aid, and the rest of their consortium.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2keqzb/we_wanted_to_invite_you_to_rapple_to_help_support/

http://9to5mac.com/2014/10/27/cvs-a...users-unite-in-rare-showing-to-fight-nfc-ban/

Last edited:
No, but I just hate when people state misinformation. :)

OK! I was asking mostly because you seem to defend Apple strongly (nothing wrong with that) and have called me out on my whining about iOS7 a few times ha ha (not that there's anything wrong with any well-deserved critiques of iOS7 IMHO *nor* deservedly calling me or anyone out on whining, ha ha). Plus I was hoping you were an Apple employee on Jony Ive's team. Made me feel better to pretend that I was pushing any buttons there, ha ha.

>>

Edit: Miscellaneous whining repetitious critiques of Jony Ive & flat design & iOS7/8 & Yosemite deleted. Just typing it up was enough therapy to get ready for buying an iPad Air 2 with more graphics resolution & capability I'll ever need yet with a dumbed down UI. Dammit I complained again!

Last edited:
...Google Wallet was NOT introduced 5 years ago, it was launched 3 years ago in 2011...

You're right. May 2011.
Not sure why I thought it was 5 years or more.
Seems like it was several devices ago I was paying at CVS with NFC, but I guess it was only started with my old HTC EVO.

Last edited:
You're right. May 2011.
Not sure why I thought it was 5 years or more.
Seems like it was several devices ago I was paying at CVS with NFC, but I guess it was only started with my old HTC EVO.

I only recently looked at the list of NFC capable phones, and it's only been a handful of higher end Android phones. I thought it was more widely available. Guess I was wrong.

The wife just got an air2 today. I wish I could report on it, but she has been on hold or stuck at Verizon for 2 hours now trying to freaking activate it. Vzn sucks.

I picked up an iPad Air 2 tonight as well. Gold, 128GB, WiFi, if I need 4G will use my iPhone hot spot.

My original iPad Gen 1 went to the wife. Beautiful construction quality. Can't imagine the need to make it any thinner than this. Will use Apple wireless keybd when needed at desk.

Plan to use it for serious mechanical CAD work (Onshape), presentations.

BTW: Also spent time gawking at the Retina iMac. Simply fantastic. As with all the retina devices you just can't see the pixels. The small size text fonts is where it's the most noticeable. Just looks like high-quality printing.

Last edited:
pardon my ignorance ..but will the whole apple pay and this nfc tech not incite more thugs to jack folks for their phones?

pardon my ignorance ..but will the whole apple pay and this nfc tech not incite more thugs to jack folks for their phones?

Not necessarily. Apple Pay validates each transaction via the fingerprint scanner while Google Wallet relies on validation through a PIN, so even if the devices are stolen they cannot be used to make a bunch of purchases as easily as say, if your actual credit cards/cash were stolen from your wallet. Technically, this makes these devices safer to use than the woefully outdated magnetic stripe credit cards that are still the standard in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

A typical thug wills steal your phone because it is a fancy phone (and all the NFC-equipped ones tend to be the more premium models). It won't be because they think they can get payment information off of it as well.

Even if some thug steals your phone, he needs your finger print to use Apple Pay. Lets say he can reproduce your fingerprint, which finger? Thumb? Index? Middle? Ring? Pinky? Left or Right? By the time, if he's able to, a thug reproduces your print, you would have long remotely wiped your iPhone through iCloud. And there's no credit card name, number, security code, expiration date, stored in the phone, so pointless.

Day 2, still can't get the iPad air 2 to work on Verizon. Now they are trying to copy all the files from the iPad 2 over to the air2. Hopefully today it will be back.

Full disclosure this is a work ipad on a $30 a month account. She changed from an iPad 2 to an air 2.

I'm really not sure why this would matter for cell service, but whatever.

Last edited:
That's surprising to hear. So you can no longer reboot a new ipad from an old backup and also activate 4G/cellular yourself from Control Panel while at home on wifi? That's how I activated my ipad 1 on ATT for a few months in 2010.

Last edited:
...................coming out of the closet...........I know cheezy....but what the heck.....:tongue:

Tim Cook said:
I believe deeply in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, who said: “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’ ” I often challenge myself with that question, and I’ve come to realize that my desire for personal privacy has been holding me back from doing something more important.

Tim Cook grew up in a time and place when fewer people were out, which made it harder to be young and gay. He knows what a difference it makes to others to be out. I am one year older than Tim Cook, I remember what it was like when I was a teenager, and it sure would have helped me if more people had been out then.

I give Tim Cook credit for coming out.

Update. IPad Air 2 is working and man is it fast.

Cnet app loaded easily 20 seconds faster. Apple maps loaded a good 30 seconds faster. I'm impressed.

The screen is much better with reflections also.

Overall an awesome upgrade if you have an old model.

...If only it weren't such big news...but in a few months the hoopla and soundbites will be over and he will just be the ceo.And you are right if he can empower others then great.Lets see how the media handles it.

Now that Apple's redesigned iOS flat UI has been out for a year and has reached over to OS 10.10, how are some of you liking it, disliking it, or indifferent to it? I accidentally upgraded my 2006 mac pro w/OS 10.7 to iTunes 12 which has the yosemite-like flat appearance and some reworked UI elements that really seem like steps backwards away from something that was just fine. New sidebar/top bar require more clicks than before to navigate, and the shadings that used to differentiate songs in the main window are so light that they're barely discernible at certain viewing angles, making you have to work harder to do something that used to look and work fine (my main critique of iOS7). What are the user sentiments here after a year of reworked flat? Positive, negative, or pretty much indifferent to Apple's continued minimalist UI direction?

I just went to best buy to trade in my 64gig Verizon ipad3. They told me $230 a month ago. Today, $98. I passed.

Back