• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the best intake for my 91 NSX.

Sorry huys im coming from C5's from which I know alll about to a car and motor that I am not to familiar with. Its like starting all over. Anyway my car already has a full exhaust so I need to find a good intake system. What are all of my options?? Does K&N make an FIPK kit? Who else makes them??

Thx
Jeff

Jeff,

K&N does make a FIPK for the NSX, I have one for sale if you're interested(practically new). Email me for more info.

There are others from:

GruppeM
Dali Racing
Comptech
RM Racing
ARC

Check the FAQ for vendors websites. Let me know if you need any more help.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

FIPK = Fuel Injection Performance Kit

Jeff - Just to set your expectations correctly... You are looking at a few HP gain at best - certainly less than 10. Unlike many other cars where you can get 10, 20 or more HP from an aftermarket intake, the NSX doesn't really have any major air intake issues to begin with. They do sound cool though!

I have an Injen intake and it gave it a deeper tone. Not much gain from it, but it does sound good.

Thx for the replies.
wink.gif

I am using the mushroom form HKS intake system. Only problem after 6k miles your have to replace the sponge filter. If you don't want that my best suggestion is the K&N filter.

I believe there is an old thread with dyno results of various configurations, if I recall the OEM airbox with K&N filter performed the best.

Back