• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What made you decide on the NSX?

Just what the title says...Why did you pick the NSX over the competiton???

I have!!! I want one so bad I can taste it!!!

for what I may be considering to purchase:

Price, reliability, and exclusivity. And ever since I owned a Honda Prelude, the VTEC V6 has been a dream. Finally, the NSX is the only exotic I know of that you can buy an oil change for under $30.

This is comparing to maybe an older 348ts. Still too expensive, somewhat unreliable too. Ferraris are more exclusive though.

NSX is a lot of FUN to drive, but after driving the 02' 996 Turbo, I'm undecided

always wanted one since the first time i saw it. when i had the chance i went and didn't even think twice. the price was right and car was perfect for me.

if its meant to be, it is meant to be.

i've had it for two weeks now. and i already put on 1000 miles.

Price.

I always have liked them, but never could afford one and didn't want to buy one used. Then this year with Acura's lease plan, it was less expensive to lease than a M3.

The NSX is beautiful, well engineered, classy, uncommon, efficient, and within my budget. That was what I knew before I bought the car. After I bought one, I discovered it was also comfortable, solid, ridiculously fun to drive, and desired by every other car enthusiast in town.

O-Ace said:
NSX is a lot of FUN to drive, but after driving the 02' 996 Turbo, I'm undecided

I don't understand this. You have already said you are keeping the vette. Your vette would toast the 996 turbo.. so if speed is all you are about, why bother getting either car?

nsxtasy said:
I assume it's modified...? Because no stock Corvette would toast a 996 Turbo. Even a Z06 would lose.

Check out his sig...that thing sounds mean!

NetViper said:
I don't understand this. You have already said you are keeping the vette. Your vette would toast the 996 turbo.. so if speed is all you are about, why bother getting either car?
I hear ya. But I really do wish the NSX had more power. I'm not all about power, and yes, I will keep the C5 regardless, but I still want a powerful sportscar. If I get the NSX, I will definitely have to go the forced induction route. The 996 Turbo is just an awesome package. Great handling and awesome power right out of the box. But then again, it also costs $100K whereas I can get a very nice low mileage NSX for around $60K

Btw, reason for not getting the NSX is, I don't want to spend $60K on the NSX and still have the itch for the 996 Turbo. Ideally, I'd like to own both :D

The question should be why wouldn't you get an NSX right? hehe well i went with the nsx is because of the reputation of reliability with Honda/Acura. The other plus is that you get a body style of an exotic for the fraction of the price and don't forget about the technology of the car itself. I was actually looking at my car and was amazed of what my car had for a 91. WOW!

The NSXs look better, drive better, are more reliable, are rarer, and are faster than 99% of all cars on the road. Most importantly,
it is a Honda.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
The NSXs look better, drive better, are more reliable, are rarer, and are faster than 99% of all cars on the road. Most importantly,
it is a Honda.
Steve

Wow! Took the words right out of my mouth! I had the opportunity to drive a 91 with 10K miles two years ago when I was working for a car lot. The car was simply amazing. I've never driven a car that I've felt that "in control of." I was driving yesterday and saw the very car that I'd driven sitting on the side of the street, it brought back all the memories. I just wanted to see why everyone here chose the NSX and it looks like we all have about the same reasons! Props to Honda on an amazing car. I can't wait until I actually own one.

P.S. Anyone have one that I could "borrow" 'til I can get mine??? LOL :D :D :D

Having been a Teutonic car fan since day one, my NSX is the first and only Japanese car. There were 2 reasons for acquiring it: timeless design and unbeatable reliability.;)

Re: timeless design and unbeatable reliability.

ABSOLUTELY! What is this talk I sometimes hear of the styling being dated? I guess the Ferrari Dino 246 GTS is "dated" also!

It is like drug, it is so addictive that you have to get one after a test drive. I was so set on getting a M3 SMG but my subconscious mind kept pointing me to the right car. There is no substitute for a NSX.

Easy .. I just made a list of all the cars I've drooled over in the past 40 years (but couldn't afford at the time) and then I applied the criteria that it had to have the looks and exclusivity of an exotic; the performance of a V8; the fuel economy of a 6; and the reliability of a Honda; .. oh, and it had to be able to be driven year round and cost less that $30K. Sound impossible? ... nearly .. only one passed the test .. the NSX.

Design (appearance), MR, Honda, and hand built.

Honestly, best bang for dollar is Supra tt 6 spds.

Best bang for the money for a handbuilt art (car) is NSX

-jjc.
blk supra 6spds
red nsx 6spds

Back