• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What should I do now?

Dave,
I've had problems with a dealership (McGrath Acura near Chicago) and calling Acura corporate will get you nowhere. If it's under warranty, then corporate might get involved. They have no control over out of warranty service.

Whenever I take my NSX to the stealership (very seldom), I put a sticky note on the windshield with the statement "DO NOT TEST DRIVE" along with the current odometer reading. That's usually enough to prevent a test drive.

I feel your pain!

Gary

The best thing to do is fix things yourself. Sadly it seems like no one gives a damn about anyone else's property nowadays.

The only thing my car ever really gets taken in for anymore is alignments, and I make sure to get an appointment and wait with my car for those.

Dave,
I've had problems with a dealership (McGrath Acura near Chicago) and calling Acura corporate will get you nowhere. If it's under warranty, then corporate might get involved. They have no control over out of warranty service.

Whenever I take my NSX to the stealership (very seldom), I put a sticky note on the windshield with the statement "DO NOT TEST DRIVE" along with the current odometer reading. That's usually enough to prevent a test drive.

I feel your pain!

Gary

That's a good idea, although my car will never go to a dealer again anyway. I just have to get over this, from what you guys are telling me even if I complain no one will give a shit. I gave them a 1 star yelp review, and that is probably all I can do. I can't believe I sent them so much business over the years.

Too long, too late...............I mean do you want a free oil change after this incidents; I don't think so! Just kick-backed, relax and have a nice ice tea and whisper to yourself " never again god-damned stealership".
Glad your NSX is still in one piece!!

Weak.

If you don't want them driving your vehicle make that note on your work order and put the mileage number down. If they blow you off the first thing to do would be to complain and the second would be to make sure the charge is denied on your visa card until you've gotten satisfaction.

Zero tolerance for shitheads. Same thing happened to me when I took my car in for an oil change at Hilton Head Island. They took it out for a 4 mile spank. F them. Sadly... I didn't think at that time that I might need to write a "do not drive this car" note on the invoice or note the mileage. It was mighty irritating but taught me a lesson at the same time.

Back