• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What size oil restrictors are you guys running?

I am running a T4 T67 journal bearing turbo. I had it rebuilt and before I put it back in, I want to make sure I do the restrictor right. Currently, Wil supplied a.32 restrictor. I have the internal bearings from the build and although their not toasted, they did warrent a rebuild after only about 7k miles. From what I read ball bearings run .35, journals run .65 or no restrictor. I just want to get this right so I don't fry the bearings. I don't know how the previous owner of the turbo drove, but 7k is crap to need a rebuild.

Thanks :). Guess I will stick with the .32. The bearing was a little burnt, but that could have been the last owner tracking it hard and just shutting it off and cooking the oil.

- - - Updated - - -

Any one running it with no restrictor?

Dawk, are you still using the rubber return line. I don't see the difference. I would think no restrictor would help push more oil through so it doesn't cook. Dang. Now I'm lost lol. No restrictor, some use .32. Guess I already ran .32 and will see if no restrictor leaks. If it does leak, will it leak into the exhaust or into the charge pipe?

I had a -3an feed line also. Every car is different. I had plenty of oil to feed my turbo.I also an had oil tank after the return

Thanks guys. I looked at the bearings again, one was starting to get bad, but like I said, I don't know if the previous owner of the kit shut it down after a drive or let it cool. I need to just figure out a way to see if the sump pump is working. Otherwise I'm just about good to go. Thanks again guys for the input, much appreciated

This is very gray area and if you want to be sure install oil pressure gauge on turbo oil inlet and monitor what you see. On idle it should be no less then 5psi and maximum pressure should not be over 65psi or it will go pass the seal. The only way of knowing is having good monitoring system. Good reading material is "Maximum Boost" Link

Back