• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What will you be doing at 80 years old?

Hrant said:
Ken, to my knowledge, I am not aware of anyone who is running at or under 2:12 if they are NA1/2 without superchargers and on street tires - except for the ones you mentioned and those are really track cars given the weight/suspension/alignment/wings
Hrant,
Hrant,

FYI, this was Doug's original comment way back:

Pulp Story Teller said:
A lot of S2000 drivers all over the country are updating the Honda Hall of Fame with their lap times. (click on icon on the left hand frame to see the lap times at the various tracks). We are getting faster, due to the fact that we are using timing equipment and friendly, smack-talking competition among ourselves. I mentioned how much faster the S2000 drivers are getting in the last Thunderhill Chapter, with six S2000 drivers under 2:12, and I mentioned that I doubt you can find six "stock" cars of another make with just race tires that get under 2:12 at the same event. A bunch of Viper guys emailed me and mentioned that at the last Viper days at Thunder Hill there were about twelve "street Vipers" that made it below 2:12 on either street tires or race tires. So I stand corrected, and it seems like the Viper guys are whupping on everyone. But then again, if my S2000 engine was increased from 120 cubic inches to a Viper-like 480 cubic engines, I might be whupping on everyone also......

Viper guys are whupping on everyone at Thunderhill. And Willow.

The Viper drivers have been doing their "Timed Events" for around four years...so the S2000 guys have a couple of more years of practice to catch up to them. But until I see some other car club claiming that have more than 12 street cars below 2:12 at Thunderhill, I guess the Viper guys rule at T-Hill. With the S2000 guys next......and the rest of you guys behind us......until I get some verifiable lap times that can beat us. So if you want to get on the podium with your make of car at Thunderhill with the Viper drivers and the S2000 drivers, you have to meet the following criteria:

1. Your car must be streetable, relatively stock car. No stripped down race cars. Virtually all the S2000's that went below 2:12 have stock shocks and springs, and just added brake pads and race tires.

2. It must be the same event at Thunderhill where your group of cars beat the 2:12 lap time.

3. You must use AMB-type of transponder systems, as we want computerized printouts showing that you are fast. None of that "My buddy got it on a stop watch" crap, or "Take my word for it" BS.

4. Make it to the podium with the Viper drivers (12) and S2000 drivers (6), and I will blatantly advertise your success on this website.

If you think the rules suck, then put your own "Thunderhill Challenge" on your own damn website! And let's see you get below 2:12 at Thunderhill....

Doug' original quote

I believe that a stock NA1/NA2 NSX with R-compounds and good suspension (NSX-R/Zanardi/etc) without any aero should be able to hit 2:12's at Thill if driven and setup properly.

(BTW: No supercharger needed to get to 2:12, probably need one to get below 2:05's though)

To make it a bit more interesting I've been waiting for NSX's with *street tires* to get below 2:12's, so that we can send an email to Doug to claim our place on the Hall of Fame :cool: (make up for the lack of R-compounds via aero and suspension mods ;))

So far we have:
Andrie (Andrie's old NSX with Falken GRB's, Comptech Pro Suspension, Aftermarket Sway Bars, Porsche Big Red BBK)
Telly (Andrie's old NSX)
Kenji (NCRC Event with bypass ~2:10's == ~2:12's without bypass, with Falken GRB on the front and SO3 on the back, Carbotech Pads on stock brakes, TeinRA's, Dali Street/Race sways, Type-R braces, and Marga Hills Spoiler ;))
Me :D (Many events, Tein RA/Type-R Suspension, SO3's, Stoptech BBK, Taitec Hood, Type-R Braces, Big A$$ Route KS Wing)

Ken

P.S. By the way things are looking these days it looks like the Evo guys will be the next set of folks who will be making the claim :eek:

OK, am I missing something here, isn't this thread started as "What will you be doing at 80 years old?" ??

Ah, I get it, when we are all 80 years old, we will probably still lurking on the forum, smack talking to each others, and compare lap times..... Maybe we are racing around planets by then ... though...

NSXDreamer2 said:
OK, am I missing something here, isn't this thread started as "What will you be doing at 80 years old?" ??

Ah, I get it, when we are all 80 years old, we will probably still lurking on the forum, smack talking to each others, and compare lap times..... Maybe we are racing around planets by then ... though...

Remember the German gentleman (Ex LeMans winner) during the Pacific Raceways track event (driving a CTS-V), he was probably close to 80 years old and still going strong :D

Re: I'll be sure and ask you

Doesn't get much sweeter at that age.
When you're 80, I'll ask you if you'd rather dice and argue with Hrant at the track or have a good bowel movement. Bet it'll be a tough call. :biggrin:

Well the way Hrant drives sometimes, I'll have no problems getting a bowel movement. :eek: :biggrin: Honestly if we're both still alive by then, the heat will probably kill us before the driving will.

Lol, life after 80 IS all about a gooood DUMP! :biggrin:

Honestly if we're both still alive by then, the heat will probably kill us before the driving will
I can see some of you will lose patient at that age... so Al, what you mean is one of you will kill by the cane fight before you getting into the car??

Last edited:
ATERPAK said:
Well the way Hrant drives sometimes, I'll have no problems getting a bowel movement. :eek: :biggrin: Honestly if we're both still alive by then, the heat will probably kill us before the driving will.

Last I recall, I was still receiving accolades for being the smoothest driver of the bunch - though not necessarily the fastest but then, now on equal footing, we know the answer to that too :wink: Fearless or not, this one excuse generating boy racer has had a running tally of spinning at every event since last year :eek: so you can figure the list of excuses he has amassed :rolleyes: Perhaps the stress from spinning and trailing behind is the real cause for the Leader's nerves giving up lately - we won't violate HIPAA. Suffice it to say that we thought this was affecting his heart only but it appears to be much more serious; I can already see the Fearless Leader wearing diapers with his circa 70s bowling shoes to the next track event ........ :biggrin: :biggrin:

2slow2speed said:
I remember reading somewhere that Telly got into the 2:09's with your old NSX with street tires at Thill so no doubt that there are other folks who are under 2:12's it's just that you guys moved on and don't come out and play with your NSX's anymore.

Ah, those were the good 'ole days. That day was classic. I went out in the last session in Andrie's car and beat his time. Came in halfway thru the session to rub it in, only to have Andrie jump back in his car and go out with only a few minutes left to pull off a faster time.

The days of arrive & drive are long gone...these days, we spend more time working on our race cars and fixing them for races :frown:

Ken/Hrant, when are we gonna get you guys into racing? Ted's now hooked and you guys are next!

Btw, when I'm 80, I hope to be chasing my son or daughter around the track!

Ken/Hrant, when are we gonna get you guys into racing? Ted's now hooked and you guys are next!

Well Telly, not sure about Ken given his comfy entourage, I think he will most likely be sponsored by Comptech in some venue .......... but before me jumping into such mirky waters, I can see Steve Ghent is lining up with all types of "expensive" me too goodies - half of which he doesn't need and the other half I don't even know what they do :wink: ......., and I am sure Allen Shim will follow next, he is our sleeper. And then there is Al .......... oh yes poor Al, he still has not recovered from being second best :eek: You guys should have seen him ramble on and on and on with his excuses and driving "technique" yesterday at our club meeting ...... somebody please bail him out :biggrin:

Absolutely Amazing!! Inspiring indeed * ;) ThaNSX for Sharing !*~*~ Gonna send this thread to my Pops! Trying to get him to taking his *gem* to the track...

Back