• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What would have made the new NSX sell better?

Anyone else agree?
I don't. But that's okay. :)
I have a lot more experience with turbos at a racing venues than I do at truck venues so the unmasked sound of the turbos remind me of speed and motorsports, not work vans. (And by 'experience' I simply mean being around them and hearing them at autocrosses and track days and club races, not, like, working on them or anything. Hearing a turbo evokes similar associations for me as smelling catless gasoline exhaust fumes, which is a totally different association from when I smell diesel exhaust fumes.) (Diesel exhaust fumes remind me of traveling around Mexico, fwiw.)

I'd agree with a lot of that. I just think the oem tone sounds better with the turbos muffled.

Acura/Honda doesn't know how to market a car besides the MDX.

Best quote ever on this subject. That's why my current fleet is two Ford 3.5 Ecoboost vehicles (16 Explorer and 13 F-150). Honda is treading on 1990's technology while the rest of the industry is moving forward. By the time we finally see Advanced VTEC, everyone will be driving Teslas lol.

call me crazy, but I think they should consider a little stretch and fit the car with vestigial rear seats....ala evora.......that would widen the appeal to the pretty big 911 market of family guys or gals who want to drive and take the gang..

Tried that with the GT-R. It was *marginally successful*. :D

Actually, in that 1/2 mile video the new nsx is very accurate with it's point and shoot style transmission. The Ferrari, yeah definitely need to know how to drive it. The nsx hits almost the same trap speed every single time. I thought it'd be higher than 151 though.

Actually, in that 1/2 mile video the new nsx is very accurate with it's point and shoot style transmission. The Ferrari, yeah definitely need to know how to drive it. The nsx hits almost the same trap speed every single time. I thought it'd be higher than 151 though.

151mph is quite fast already for most people, 570s does 161mph, 675LT 163mph, 911turbo S 159.1mph

DBA GTR 150mph
NA2 NSX 124.3mph
F430 144.2mph

Back