• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats higher, NSX payment or Rent?

Is your NSX payment more $$ than your rent\mortgage?

• Yes - NSX costs more and I don't care!!!

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • NO!!! - My residence costs more like my accountant advised!

Votes: 71 83.5%

• Total voters
NSX = $0
Mortgage = $0 (living with parents)

We have 6 cars, but only 1 garage space. Since I don't pay for mortage, I can't use the garage. I park my car on the street with car cover.

It seems actually like most folks do put their dough into property that doesnt roll first, thats what the point of the poll was. If the complete truth be known, my car is a company car and I am building my net worth in my corporation. I was mostly curious to see just how fanatic us NSX Fans are!!!

FWIW, I bought the NSX first. But the house was just a few months away in process. So was baby. ;)

What NSX payment?

NSX is all paid off. I had it financed, but paid it off well before the term was up.

Just finished refinancing my mortgage -- 30 year fixed at 5 3/8%. At that rate it's almost free money. I have no intention of paying that off early.

CmputerWiz said:
Mine is 12% on the house. I have likely the worst credit history known to man. :D

SR

I have a friend whose credit grade is "G" :eek: I wonder what kind of credit history he got.....
I guess he is just an animal.........:D

well I live in Vegas, feel sorry for you bay people. A half Mil would get me a very nice home (7,000sqft and .5 acres)

gizy said:
well I live in Vegas, feel sorry for you bay people. A half Mil would get me a very nice home (7,000sqft and .5 acres)

I'm originally from the SFBA but won't be moving back until the housing goes down. A half mill in the SFBA gets you a 1200 sq ft house in the ghetto and the same half mill bought me a nice/newer 1500 sq ft townhouse in Manhattan Beach (distress sale otherwise it would have easily sold for more). It's probably better to rent in the bay area

NSX=$636
Home=$626
Although the house payment fluctuates slightly each year. Need to refinance both to lower then dang payments.
4 yrs left on car
444 :D yrs on house.

NSXER119 said:
I have a friend whose credit grade is "G" :eek: I wonder what kind of credit history he got.....
I guess he is just an animal.........:D

I'm not too sure on it, but my beacon score was 425 or 325...they told me I had the lowest score of anyone to apply for a home loan thru them...lol And all it takes is enough down.

They know you aren't going anywhere with the house. A car you can hide, the house...they know where it's at. :D

SR

CmputerWiz said:
I'm not too sure on it, but my beacon score was 425 or 325...they told me I had the lowest score of anyone to apply for a home loan thru them...lol And all it takes is enough down.

They know you aren't going anywhere with the house. A car you can hide, the house...they know where it's at. :D

SR

My friend overdraw all his credit cards and ignore the payment. One of my friend used to work for a cell phone store and just check his credit for fun. His score came up less than 50 (I don't remember the exact score), and his score grade is "G" He was about 21 by the time.

primary House = 0 (if I rent it it would be $2500 per month, in London that gets you 50 sq metres)

NSX = $400 per month

if I re-mortgage I could probably get that black 2000 NSX with tan leather in Honda at the mo for similar repayment... hm... I should really do that...

You folks with your $1000/month housing payments make me want to leave DC metro.

Mortgage is over $2500 a month for a house that most any place else would sell for a much more modest $150-200K vs. what my wife and I paid for ours.

Housing market is so hot here that the house across from us sold for $18K more than the asking price. We paid more than the asking price for ours too because there were 6 contracts on it!

This is why I don't yet have a NSX. We have 3 cars, but none say NSX on the back.......... yet.

Heck my student loan monthly payment is larger than most of y'alls rent............... ugh.........

msgott said:
This is why I don't yet have a NSX. We have 3 cars, but none say NSX on the back.......... yet.

I don't think any of our cars say "NSX" on the back. :D

House: $2400 (10yr note)
NSX: $930

House mortgage: $1150
NSX payment: $655

The University of California - Santa Barbara recently released their economic report for the area. The MEDIAN house price for Santa Barbara in 2005 is projected to be $1.4 million!!!

You can still buy a "starter" here for about a million.

Needless to say, the wife and I are cashing out and moving somewhere in the South.

'98 NSX-T payments - $900.

Craig said:
Peace of mind in owning a beautiful home in sunny So Cal for my family to live safely and comfortably......Priceless! :cool:
Every time I'm in CA I'm paranoid the ground is going to open up and swallow everything in sight. :eek:

My mortgage and NSX payment are the same, but I bought the house first. YMMV.

Rent = $0 still live at home.

NSX = Not yet. Waiting for the right time regarding my own personal financial situation.

Being that I was very close to easily purchasing an NSX 6 months ago, I decided other things were of priority. Like what most are doing here I think I made the better decision to invest in real estate. I figure while living at home rent free I can take advantage of the market here in the SF Bay Area, namely the Sacramento area where things are always in the up and up. I'm closing on a rental property in the next week or so and plan to have at least 4 properties in the Sac area by the end of next year. With student loans, cc bills, and the desire to buy a decent home for myself and as much as I want one right now, I'll put a hold on my dream car for a year or so and set a good foundation for myself for the many more years to come. Like one member said here,

"Peace of mind in owning a beautiful home.....for my family to live safely and comfortably......Priceless!"

Cheers.

2002 NSX = 1450.00 a month for 54 months just 45 more months to go
@5.5%interest

Rent, 3 floors, 3 beedroom, 3 bath condo with garge (2500 sq ft) = 1050.00 a month, with all the trimmings 1350.00 a month, with two roomates my portion is 500.00 a month (I have the garage and master beedroom).

Rent is cheap in Nashville, TN, but not as cheap as it was in Alabama.:)

Hey Ken, I agree with you COMPLETELY on this one. I find it rather astonishing that people are dropping $30-50K on a 2nd hand sports car, no matter how outstanding it is, before they are building up some net worth. It's a rather childish proposition, from a financial standpoint.

FYI: NSX $0 (bought with cash out from my last Re-fi on my house, so I effectively got a 4.75% car loan with a 50% tax break on the interest - 40% federal and 10% state, here in California).

Mortagage: $2375 on a 15 year note at 4.75% (although, effectively about $275 of my mortgage payment is actually the extra cash out that I took to buy the NSX, but that's mostly tax deductible interest, so in REAL terms, my NSX has a 15 year loan that costs me around $175 a month since I save $100/month in taxes out of the $275).

That, my friends, is how to finance an NSX.

AJKS said:
Rent, 3 floors, 3 beedroom, 3 bath condo with garge (2500 sq ft) = 1050.00 a month, with all the trimmings 1350.00 a month, with two roomates my portion is 500.00 a month (I have the garage and master beedroom).

Rent is cheap in Nashville, TN, but not as cheap as it was in Alabama.:)
I can see why it's cheap! :eek:

:D :D :D

Attachments

• tennessee_highrise.jpg
    tennessee_highrise.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 495
Back