• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's that noise?

Occasionally, perhaps 2-3 times per day, I get a buzzing vibration noise coming from the driver's side dash (right hand side in my car) below and in front of the steering wheel which is triggered by the front wheels driving over a bump in the road. It lasts anywhere between 1 to 5 seconds. It sounds to me like an electrical relay oscillating or bouncing rapidly between its points. A couple of times it has caused the orange ABS warning light to come on and stay on until I turn the ignition off and back on again. When it happens on braking I can feel it causing a slight vibration in the brake pedal. I am guessing that it has something to do with the ABS system. Has anyone encountered this before or is aware of a likely cause? I have searched the forums to no avail. Thanks.

The NSX is a 1992 5 spd manual red/black coupe with 128,000 kms and is used as a daily driver.

Thats a cool noise! I hope everyone gets a chance to hear that one day!
I get that on some bumps, like once a week!
Trev

If the ABS light stays on after the noise stops, like you indicated, there is more than likely a fault code set in the system. Could be an early indicator of a problem, would be a good idea to have the fault codes read to determine the cause.

Back