• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's the best deal you've see on an NSX?

As I patiently browse classifieds to find the right deal for me to drop the cash on an NSX, I'm wondering what killer deals some of you guys got on yours or have seen others get.

I remember a year ago, I saw an ad for a Spa Yellow 97 and the ad read something like: I just bought a Ferrari 355 Convertible and need to get rid of this NSX. $25k OBO. I called the guy up a day after the ad ran and it was sold unfortunately.

I'm sure there are a lot of wealthy NSX owners that may have given the car away to the kid next door for mowing the lawn.

most wealthy people are wealthy because they are careful with their money. i wouldn't count on ever seeing anything like that again, and if for some reason you do, it will likely be long gone, especially if its a print ad and the print staff calls all their buddies before the paper hits the public.

Notice the OBO. I know people who have sold cars that way. The OBO was always way, way higher than the initial asking price. They list it that way to create a sort of auction atmosphere.

I have met an awful lot of NSX owners over the years and used NSX I have seen which sold cheap was priced that way for a reason.

I bought a clean title Red 91 for 16k, and drove it for a year and a half for the price of a valve adjustment and oil changes. The car was far from perfect, but for that kind of money I could not pass it up.

Originally posted by robr:
most wealthy people are wealthy because they are careful with their money. i wouldn't count on ever seeing anything like that again, and if for some reason you do, it will likely be long gone, especially if its a print ad and the print staff calls all their buddies before the paper hits the public.

I totally agree with you. Too often I hear people say, "you should sell it to me cheap, since you have a lot of money anyway. YOu don't really need the money thus you whould sell it cheap." I always told them, that they wil never get rich from their own hardwork with their way of thinking. Wealthy people got there because they are smarter/careful with their money.

It was damaged in an accident and sold cheap as salvage. I was rear-ended at a stop light.

I bought another 91 with a 6 speed that is a MUCH better car!

Back