• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

haha You and me both, TomCat. I usually get the classic "Nice Ferrari" although I'm surprised by the amount of people that actually DO know what it is and have had guys ask "NA1 or NA2?". Did have 2 teenage girls flash me their tits, though---

how come this has never happened to me?? lol

Mainly just a bump... but a story I thought I'd share...

But while parked at the beach about a week ago... a couple of younger guys come up and immediately tell me "that's a nice car man"... I thank them for the compliment and joke with them that for the right price it could be theirs... they of course ask me how much... So I just joke back and ask "how much you got"... but then tell them that I was just kidding around and I don't really want to sell it... they begin to tell me that there's one for sale in Gulf Breeze (a near city) for 5... me confused of course asked "5 what?!"... they reply "$5000 a green one!" and that one of their friends bought one for $10k. I had a good laugh... I asked them where the one for $5k was bcuz I was going to buy 10 of them if they had more... they began to tell me but by that point I'd heard enough BS and tuned out most of it as I walked away LOL :rolleyes:

Last Sunday a friend and I drove to houston for a small event. On the way home we stopped at a convienent store for gas. An old lady came up and ask if it was a Corvette, I nicely replied, it's an Acura. She replied back, oh ok, I "was" gonna take a picture of it, then walked off.:confused:

Last Sunday a friend and I drove to houston for a small event. On the way home we stopped at a convienent store for gas. An old lady came up and ask if it was a Corvette, I nicely replied, it's an Acura. She replied back, oh ok, I "was" gonna take a picture of it, then walked off.:confused:

If she had taken a picture of the NSX, she more than likely would have caught a random corvette or two driving by in the background.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Got this one in the first couple of weeks. Got behind a nice early '00 (not sure) model merc. amg at a light on a nice spring day (windows down). We proceeded to make the lft turn and I eased up on his lft to check out his ride. He then beeped his horn at me and rolled down his window. He then looked at me with amazement and said "I was just on the phone with my mother and I told her I had to go because there was an NSX behind me!" I chuckled and he continued, "Man, that is my favorite car of all time! If I didn't have any kids, I would own one in a heartbeat!" (He genuinely seemed just as excited to see an NSX as I was to be driving one). I said to him, "Yeah, but you've got a sweet ride yourself! If I had kids I would love to cart them around in an AMG!" We both had a laugh, gave each other a mutually respectful nod and off we went for a little spirited jaunt before throwing each other the thumbs up as we parted ways. Good times.:biggrin:

Got this one in the first couple of weeks. Got behind a nice early '00 (not sure) model merc. amg at a light on a nice spring day (windows down). We proceeded to make the lft turn and I eased up on his lft to check out his ride. He then beeped his horn at me and rolled down his window. He then looked at me with amazement and said "I was just on the phone with my mother and I told her I had to go because there was an NSX behind me!" I chuckled and he continued, "Man, that is my favorite car of all time! If I didn't have any kids, I would own one in a heartbeat!" (He genuinely seemed just as excited to see an NSX as I was to be driving one). I said to him, "Yeah, but you've got a sweet ride yourself! If I had kids I would love to cart them around in an AMG!" We both had a laugh, gave each other a mutually respectful nod and off we went for a little spirited jaunt before throwing each other the thumbs up as we parted ways. Good times.:biggrin:

That's what good motoring is all about! It's nice to find enthusiastic drivers who are respectful.

I was filling the NSX up at the gas station today when a elderly couple walk up to me (late 70's, early 80's).

Nice car the old man said, what make is it? Its a Honda I replied. Oh, so its quality too then the old man said before he continued to ask me if there was only room for one girlfriend... :biggrin:

I was pulling into my driveway and some guy walking on the sidewalk said "Hey is that the new testarossa?" I didn't realize what he had said until after I pulled into the garage haha :confused:

This has happened to me too... But the other car was a black on blac Lexus LFA :eek::eek::eek::biggrin:

A couple of weeks ago I had parked my car just outside my garage and stood beside it, admiring it. A man strolls by and congratulates me and says:

"Man thats a beautiful car! Is the engine modified? My neighbour has just one like it. I can definatly see that it's a CORVETTE"

^_^

Not once has anyone recognized my car as an NSX or Honda/Acura. People who don't know cars just namedrop different brands and models. The most common is Ferrari and Corvette.

People who "know" cars namedrops more exotic brands, such as Koeniggsegg, Pagani, Bugatti and Saleen. Actually, Ferrari F50 and Saleen S7 are the most common guesses.

But they all got one thing in common, they all droppes their chin when I reveal the true nature of my car =)

A couple of weeks ago I had parked my car just outside my garage and stood beside it, admiring it. A man strolls by and congratulates me and says:

"Man thats a beautiful car! Is the engine modified? My neighbour has just one like it. I can definatly see that it's a CORVETTE"

^_^

Not once has anyone recognized my car as an NSX or Honda/Acura. People who don't know cars just namedrop different brands and models. The most common is Ferrari and Corvette.

People who "know" cars namedrops more exotic brands, such as Koeniggsegg, Pagani, Bugatti and Saleen. Actually, Ferrari F50 and Saleen S7 are the most common guesses.

But they all got one thing in common, they all droppes their chin when I reveal the true nature of my car =)

You got people that thinks its a Saleen S7.:confused:. Wow! I got to get me one of these babies. Same look for a 10th of the price? I dont see how it looks like one but its still and very cool car. Im not trying to belittle your car in anyway. I would ride around in a veilside NSX but it has to be blue.:biggrin:. I dont think I ever saw a blue veilside NSX ever.

I got a decent one. As some people know i just bought this car a little over a week ago. Well I decided to go to a car show that was in the next town over because it was during a festival, so i figured i would enter the car to get good parking, and go to the festival for the day with the gf... well

I pull up and this is a classic car festival with probably 40-50 c5 and c6 corvettes, as well as a few fords and classics. I got there a little late, so i had to literally park in the dead center of the corvette section. I was greeted by the attendant, who asked me if this was the c4 callaway corvette, and I am not used to this considering i just got the car, so i know i made the WTF face. I told him it was an Acura NSX. Then i went to the table to fill out my paperwork, and the guy put down 2012 Acura MDX on my sheet. I had to tell him I had a 1993 Acura NSX, not MDX. After he was down being amazed it was a 1993 model. I put the window tag back on the car and proceeded to walk away. Now as some people may know on here. A few years back I was BANNED from this forum, because I get angry pretty easily. I am not as bad as i used to be, but I can hurt someone's feelings in a second.

As I walk away a group of corvette guys say, "Hey, parking next to us gives your car a little dignity." I knew they were joking, but It was hot that day and i was in a bad mood. I kindly replied, "Yeah, but it will be the only car left when your plastic corvettes melt in the sun." The corvette guys kind of had this look of pain on there faces. Then one brave old man said "What do you think your ricer car is made out of?" I let out a small chuckle and said, "My car is made out of Aluminum, and was practically hand built. It wasn't made by sweaty union workers from kentucky." Then another guy said, "Its okay one day you will realize that a corvette is a real man's car." I just looked around and said, "Yeah, maybe when i turn 65."

I saw the judge look at my car. He didn't know what it was at all. I lost to a stock 94 dodge stealth FWD, and a 280z with rust holes in the roof. I didn't car about winning, but a lot of people don't know about the car. Plus i have a personal vendetta against american cars. My dad has corvettes, and shelbys, and all those typical muscle cars, and i have a ducati, a saab, and an Acura :biggrin:

^I'm curious what town and state was this in. Here in Southern California people see everything and many know what an NSX is.

i was doing paperwork for my tag and one of the workers was like you paid how much for a 92 acura?i laugh and told her it was one of those special edition car.

just this past weekend i was at a stop light and right across from me i notice this guy in white GTR looking over as he was staring at my nsx i was staring back at his GTR.as the light turn green and we both gave each other a thumbs up as we sped away.

Last edited:
You got people that thinks its a Saleen S7.:confused:. Wow! I got to get me one of these babies. Same look for a 10th of the price? I dont see how it looks like one but its still and very cool car. Im not trying to belittle your car in anyway. I would ride around in a veilside NSX but it has to be blue.:biggrin:. I dont think I ever saw a blue veilside NSX ever.

I had a friend who told me to paint it blue but I declined =)

Saleen S7 vs Veilside Acura NSX

IMG_28771.JPG

10694-2005-Saleen-S7.jpg

IMG_2858.JPG

2002-2004-Saleen-S7-Passenger-Side-Red-1280x960.jpg

I see why people with untrained eyes may think it's a Saleen, especially if they just get a quick look when I drive by.

Last edited:
Girl: Who's car is that?
Another girl: It's Ky's
Girl: Why is he driving that?
Another girl: He owns it...
Girl: A ferrari?
Another girl: no
Girl: Lambo?

I've only been driving it for a week at this point....

I had a friend who told me to paint it blue but I declined =)

Saleen S7 vs Veilside Acura NSX

IMG_28771.JPG

10694-2005-Saleen-S7.jpg

IMG_2858.JPG

2002-2004-Saleen-S7-Passenger-Side-Red-1280x960.jpg

I see why people with untrained eyes may think it's a Saleen, especially if they just get a quick look when I drive by.

Since you posted the pictures of a red S7 and your car. I understand how some could maybe mistake it for an S7. I take my last statement back. Maybe thats why I like Veilside NSX's so much? lol

I gotta say the most memerable was when I was rolling down crenshaw blvd in LA and 2 girls pulled along side me and rolled down the window and asked " is that the new saturn " ? at first i thought they where trying to insult me but I quickly realized they where dead serious !!

Back