• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's the longest you had to wait for a backordered part?

Jim

Experienced Member
I ordered a few parts last week and one of them is backordered with no ETA date from Honda. I'm just wondering what is the longest you had to wait for a back ordered part? Could it be 3-4 months? Longer?

I ordered a few parts last week and one of them is backordered with no ETA date from Honda. I'm just wondering what is the longest you had to wait for a back ordered part? Could it be 3-4 months? Longer?
What were they? I usually wait 3/4 days tops.:confused:

I had to wait 2 weeks for something once

I forget what i order though

A few years ago when i upgraded to the late model ABS, it took around 2 months to get all the parts. I assume there are parts now that will NEVER arive(?) I"ve been waiting on two interior parts for about 3 weeks FWIW.

When I did my 02-05' front end conversion the headlights and bumper/valance were back ordered at that time (5+yrs ago) and took about 3 months to get. I found it very hard to believe at that time they couldn't locate the parts through other dealerships, but there was a serious shortage apparently.

Ok, I just called and the part is on it's way from California so I don't have to worry about a 3 month wait.

Not a part, but it took almost a year to get my TE-37's back in the day. :redface: I even cancelled my order and took my deposit back. A few months later the shop called and Rays Engineering finally delivered them. I couldn't say no. :biggrin:

Back