• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's THIS for?

Does anyone know what the indent/recess on the right side of the center console (on LHD cars) is for? I can't quite seem to see the reasoning behind it.

[For clarification; The center console has an area ---on the edge facing the passenger seat--- that is recessed.]

Skylark

You mean where the parking brake handle is supposed to go?

monitor1.jpg

PoohBEAR said:
Hugh,
What is that "on" button inside your club compartment for?

Electronic trunk release on/off

PoohBEAR said:
I know..what does it do?

Do you have an owner's manual for your car? It's so important to read that thing. The little on/off switch disables the trunk release button on the driver's door. It is intended to be used in conjunction with the valet key that only unlocks the doors and starts the car. If you turn the switch to off then lock the glove box with your regular key, a valet key can't be used to access the trunk or the glove box since it won't work in those cylinders.

Let's get back on topic, does anyone have idea what Skylark is talking about? I think he is referring to the aspirator fan slots.

Hugh said:
Do you have an owner's manual for your car? It's so important to read that thing. The little on/off switch disables the trunk release button on the driver's door. It is intended to be used in conjunction with the valet key that only unlocks the doors and starts the car. If you turn the switch to off then lock the glove box with your regular key, a valet key can't be used to access the trunk or the glove box since it won't work in those cylinders.

...zZz ...zZz

PoohBEAR said:
Real Men don't read that damn manual......only gay people and women does.:biggrin:

Wow, that's pretty damn offensive. You do have a smidgen of illiteracy showing though.

Let me ask you a few questions though. Since you've taken on the responsibilty of owning and driving a very rare hand-built exotic sportscar, don't you at least owe it to the car to become familiar with at least it's basic operation and certain common procedures? Do you know how to properly jump-start it for example? Do you know the location of the 3 fuse boxes? Do you know where the dipstick is or how to check your coolant level?

PoohBEAR said:
Hugh,
What is that "on" button inside your club compartment for?
Do you guys really call it a "club compartment"? :confused: I have never heard this term before... really, I'm being serious!

So now this prompts me into doing some research for a possible American - English Translator for the FAQ inclusion...

Trunk = Boot
Hood = Bonnet
Stick = Gear Lever
Emergency Brake = Hand Brake

New Entry...
Club compartment? = Glove Box

Feel free to add...

AU_NSX said:
Do you guys really call it a "club compartment"? :confused: I have never heard this term before... really, I'm being serious!

So now this prompts me into doing some research for a possible American - English Translator for the FAQ inclusion...

Trunk = Boot
Hood = Bonnet
Stick = Gear Lever

New Entry...

Feel free to add...
AU - For what it's worth, I've never heard the term club compartment before either.

tomato....tomaaaaarto

AU_NSX said:

Trunk = Boot
Hood = Bonnet
Stick = Gear Lever

New Entry...

Feel free to add...

no worry buddy...you are not offending at all. Regarding to your reply about basic operation, procedure and function....anyone that opens the hood will know exactly what is what after a few minutes scanning over things. Jump starting an NSX is no different than jump starting any other cars......the concept is to get power to it. plus to plus, minus to minus or ground. Come on now.....an NSX doesn't run on XP that requires you to do anything else special.

Hugh said:
Wow, that's pretty damn offensive. You do have a smidgen of illiteracy showing though.

Let me ask you a few questions though. Since you've taken on the responsibilty of owning and driving a very rare hand-built exotic sportscar, don't you at least owe it to the car to become familiar with at least it's basic operation and certain common procedures? Do you know how to properly jump-start it for example? Do you know the location of the 3 fuse boxes? Do you know where the dipstick is or how to check your coolant level?

Hey Poo I don't want to be around when you try to Jump your car!:eek: :wink: Hugh go easy on him, he is a regular.

PoohBEAR said:
Gents...i've done it many times already when my car was dead after parking too long. it's no big deal....let it go :)

We're just playing with you Pooh. I know you've read your manual so many times that you've commited it to memory. You simply started the thread about the on/off switch in the glove box to test us! :)

Hugh said:
Let's get back on topic, does anyone have idea what Skylark is talking about? I think he is referring to the aspirator fan slots.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough... (I'd post a picture but I don't know how yet.)

As you look directly down at the top of the center console... There are two padded lids, the one concealing the cup holder and the smaller one that covers a small coin area. On the passenger side of those pads they indent near the point where they meet. Is that where the driver is supposed to grip and lift the compartment lids? Just seems kinda unneccessary, unless there's some reason that's eluding me.

Skylark

Back