• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's up with Dali Racing not paying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sent Mark at least 4 emails asking for my money back for my clutch core. So far in the last 5 months!! - NO REPLYS.

So many people have warned me about him not sending money back, but I figured it would never happen to me.

Mark, please prove them wrong and settle your debts. I hate going public with this, but this is my last try to get my 400 dollars back. I've appreciated your service earlier, but now I've lost patience.

hello, i just bought a set of eibach springs from dali like a week ago
i emailed him and he replied in like 10 mins after i wrote him,
i just thought he is a nice guy who returns all his email, but i guess not.

djjoonie, I'm sure that your experience with Dali was fine, so was my first purchase, however there just have been too many instances where people have been for lack of a better word, ripped off. My comment was nothing personal just making light of how regardless of how many people Dali "takes" people will still do business with him until they are the one who's not getting their money back.

YEAH...i got only 1/2 of my first (and only) order....still waiting for my Scroth Belt that I ordered 1/27

dnyhof said:
djjoonie, I'm sure that your experience with Dali was fine, so was my first purchase, however there just have been too many instances where people have been for lack of a better word, ripped off. My comment was nothing personal just making light of how regardless of how many people Dali "takes" people will still do business with him until they are the one who's not getting their money back.

djjoonie said:
I'd be a nice guy also, if you were sending me money. But the guy who's requesting ME SEND THEM money will likely be put on the back burner, as this gentleman has.

If everyone who's had a bad experience with Dali would go to www.ftc.gov and file a complaint all within a week, I guarantee you something will get done. I've had great luck filing complaints with them for bad business.

djjoonie said:

I have had the exact same experience with Eibach springs, a Harness bar, brake fluid, etc. Mark has even shipped items to me prior to me paying for them because I have been under tight time constraints.

I know he doesn't respond to any of these posts so all I can say is that I have only heard one side of the story and hope others remember that too.

Not saying one is right and the other wrong but there are generally two sides to every story and MANY variables subject to interpretation.

I'd like to know if you ever do get your refund.

So far I've had only good experiences with Dali.
Mark had quick replies to e-mail, was helpful with
my stupid questions and had prompt shipping.

Yes I agree there's two sides to every story, but any Vendor worth his salt (especially one for such a small community as the NSX) should address the accusations against him. It appears that everyone who brings their issues out in public have tried every way they know how to get it handled behind closed doors. This forum is a last resort. I can think of two people in particular that it pained them to bring it to this point and publicitize it.

I've said my peace too many times already on this and as a salesman I'm only as good as my service and word. Take either one of those away and I'm someone who you probably don't want to do business with unless you love the gamble of working with Dali. I know I don't need to say this as other posts have shown it, but you all have been put on notice about Dali's evident business practices. Buyer beware!

May I suggest all of you who Mark is ignoring send him an email about purchasing a part with a different email address. This way you'll know if he selectively choose to answer emails that are potential cash generators (versus the other ones you've been trying him to answer). If you can prove that he selectively chooses to answer only to the cash generator emails, you might have a good case to defend in a class action suit...

just my $0.02

that's funny to read about this now, when i had my last nsx in 1999 I purchased this clutch from mark, still no money back yet. So good luck!

Huh?

I purchased this clutch from mark, still no money back yet.

Easy to do.....but I am confused. If you purchased a clutch from Dali Racing, why would he owe you money? :confused:

Re: Huh?

AndyVecsey said:
I purchased this clutch from mark, still no money back yet.

Easy to do.....but I am confused. If you purchased a clutch from Dali Racing, why would he owe you money? :confused:

sorry, for whatever reason i thought he was talking about the centerforce clutch in the original post, so that's why i refered to it as "this" clutch. Yes I was talking about the core, but it's water under the bridge now but just funny to see the same story even a few years later.

Tetsuo

apapada said:
May I suggest all of you who Mark is ignoring send him an email about purchasing a part with a different email address. This way you'll know if he selectively choose to answer emails that are potential cash generators (versus the other ones you've been trying him to answer). If you can prove that he selectively chooses to answer only to the cash generator emails, you might have a good case to defend in a class action suit...

just my $0.02

I already tried your idea eight months ago. I used my wife's email to send Mark an email requesting the exact part (Zenardi Floormats) that he claimed was on back order. He responed to my wife's email immediately, claiming they were "in stock and ready to go".
So my next email back to Dali was "great then send the floor mats to my husband, he ordered them from you 4 months ago" I sent the order number address etc.
Never heard from the man ever again. Of course I have left phone messages and emails and private messages. He must be too busy answering emails trying to convince people to send their hard earned money.

A CROOK, that is what he is!

do you have copies of the emails ? if yes, can you post them along with the headers (to prove the emails were indeed from Dali) ? You may have lost your $$$ but you could see this as a "donation" and a benefactor to the nsxprime community.

I will do one better, Here is the BBB of San Diego's complaint #1247972. They got no response from Mr. Johnson. HMMMM go figure?

Why don't you ask them how many complaints they have with Dali Racing. I can't imagine I am the only one.

As a matter of fact I will take it upon myself and report back to everyone.

BBB report on Dali Racing

As per my promise to find out the number cases reported to the BBB in Mark Johnson's area. It looks like he is batting 1000, nothing gets resolved with Mark, it just lingers on. Great business practices. I am sure Mark has a very good reason why he keeps people's money.

Dali Racing
6391 Rancho Mission Rd #5
San Diego, CA 92108

Principal: Mark Johnson, Owner/Manager
Phone Number: 760-761-4159
Fax Number: 760-761-4159
Web Site Address: www.daliracing.com
Type of Business: Auto Customizing
Internet Commerce

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

NATURE OF BUSINESS

This company offers customized parts for vehicles online.

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints. The company has resolved some complaints presented by the Bureau; however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaints.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was opened in October of 2003: 4
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 4

Complaints Concerned
Sales Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Delayed Resolution: 1

Delivery Issues: 1
Company did not respond: 1

Refund or Exchange Issues: 1

Customer Service Issues: 1

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support.
I just wish Mark would care and pay his dues. He'll loose a lot of customers by not doing that. Whoever has claims on him will not do more business until he pays. The NSX community is not that big.

Now, I wonder if he's like that with all the ITR guys too?

I've got an open BBB complaint as well..I filed it this month 6/04

Dash Rip Rock said:
I will do one better, Here is the BBB of San Diego's complaint #1247972. They got no response from Mr. Johnson. HMMMM go figure?

Why don't you ask them how many complaints they have with Dali Racing. I can't imagine I am the only one.

As a matter of fact I will take it upon myself and report back to everyone.

apapada said:

just my $0.02

Well I took your suggestion and put it to the test. I wrote two emails. One from my personal account and another from a bogus account. Both emails were sent at the same time. Mark responds in record time, less than one hour! Wow what a hard working man. If you read the email carefully it shows Mark responded before I sent it. Actually it registered my email in EDT after midnight on Tuesday and recorded Marks email in PDT before midnight on Monday. He still has not responded to the email from my personal account, which he knows owes me parts/ money.

To: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:21:35 -0700
Subject: Re: Shocks, and sway bars
From: "mark johnson" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book

Hi Troy,

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:54:59 -0400 (EDT) Troy Webber <[email protected]> writes:
Mark I am interested in doing some upgrades to my suspension. I have a 91 NSX and I am wondering if you would recommend as an initial step to do more than shocks and sway bars? Do you think that will be enough to stiffen the suspension and give me a tighter ride? Also, which shocks would you recommend?

it depends on what your end use for the car is, a track car is no fun on the street and a street car is less than it could be on the track. Three is no "magic" suspension that is perfect at both uses. Too tight a ride is not good in the rain (you have that) and on bumpy roads.

If you want a true height adjustable coil over that lives well in both environments, you might look at the HKS Hyperdamper:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=585

if that is more than you were thinking of spending, Bilsteins and lowering springs give a good upgrade over stock without your teeth falling out or your wallet going flat:

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1394

I prefer Bilsteins over the Koni because I fell like they work better (the Bilsteins) on less than perfect surfaces.

Mark Johnson / http://www.daliracing.com / Adapt:Innovate:Overcome
"Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often."

Email sent from my personal account:

Mark please refer to order #471685, you still have not sent the Zenardi floor mats that I paid for. Is there a possibility that you could let me know when you will be sending them.:confused:

How to get a response from Dailracing

After filing complaints with the BBB, IFCC, and "The Boss" Mark finally sent a certified letter (don't know what was in it) but the post office didn't put whom it was from (i don't pick up letters that I don't know)...a DAY after it was returned Mark sent me an email that stated i should go pick it up if i didn't want it returned...agghhh

So many of you may ask what DID i do to get that far??

I sent emails to ALL the emails i could find,
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I faxed ALL my email documentation between Mark and I, my BBB complaint and my IFCC complaint documents to his fax number (which turns out is his G/F's work fax at Golden Door)

Ultimately, I did have to contact his "boss" (per his "Meet the Staff" page, It listed Debby as his supervisor) which is/was his g/f at Golden Door. I told her what was going on (she was pissed that I was sending all the faxes but my response was "Hey Mark has YOUR fax # listed on HIS website, you need to address your concerns with Mark, and you may want to forward my faxes to him.)

Note: I did rec. a letter in the mail from the BBB, they didn't rec. a response on their initial contact attempt, they will be retrying...but I'm sure we'll know the outcome.

Anybody ever check the ITR pages to see if they've had the same thing happen to them? I tried tooking through TOV (temple of VTEC) but didn't find anything after 15 min of looking.

BITeR said:
Thanks for all the support.
I just wish Mark would care and pay his dues. He'll loose a lot of customers by not doing that. Whoever has claims on him will not do more business until he pays. The NSX community is not that big.

Now, I wonder if he's like that with all the ITR guys too?

Let me remind everybody that this forum is for people to post first-hand, factual information about their business dealings with vendors. It is not a chat forum, it is not a "let's talk about every possible 'what if' scenario" forum or a "Well I think that..." forum.

New facts about a vendor/customer issue are always welcome. But you must stay on topic (the facts directly related to your personal business dealings with a given vendor) and don't keep posting the same thing over and over again, or endlessly rehashing the same issue that you have previously stated, or your posts will be removed. If it is an ongoing problem the thread will be locked. If it continues in multiple threads, I will set this forum to require moderator approval of all posts like the other Marketplace forums.

If anyone has an issue with that, take it up with me in the NSX Prime Discussion forum.

ub2slw - I would suggest that you see what you can do about getting that certified letter sent again and actually picking it up this time before continuing this thread further. If you were sent a refund via certified mail and refused to pick it up, the vendor can claim he made a good faith effort to refund your money and your case is then a lot weaker.

To the NSX Prime administrator.

First, thanks for an excellent site.

Now, I don't really understand what you are warning us about.
This thread has been very useful to me, and when other members are sharing their personal information I find it highly interesting.

"It is not a chat forum, it is not a "let's talk about every possible 'what if' scenario" forum or a "Well I think that..." forum."

Does this mean we should taka the discussion to the main discussion forum?
I really hope this thread is not closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back