• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's up with the Zanardi's?

I did a search on these and couldn't find what I was looking for. Explain what is on these versions of the car and what do they look like by comparison to the stock NSX. Thanks guys.

Also, if any of you guys have one or had one can you post some pics of it.

1999 3.2 Coupe (thats the big deal, its a coupe),
mild susp upgrade, int trim, seat covering, manual steering, and a few other items.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/modelinfo/zanardi.htm

A limited edition of 50 Zanardi NSXs, basically a variant of the Japanese Type-S, was introduced for 1999 exclusively for the US market. They are to be allocated to dealerships based on the dealer's history of NSX sales over the last three years; some dealers will not receive any. The Zanardi is about 54 lbs lighter than a '97 coupe with power steering - the 149 lb weight reduction in the press material is vs. a -T which is about 95 lbs heavier than a coupe. This makes it heavier than either a Type S (99 lbs. lighter than a '97 coupe with power steering) and far heavier than a Type-S Zero which is over 211 lbs. lighter than a '97 coupe with power steering.

There should have been a Senna edition.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayrton_Senna#Senna_and_the_NSX

Last edited:
Im in the process of completing the most extensive database of all the Zanardi cars using carfax, autocheck, AHMCO records and various other sources. Im on #6 right now, should be a good thing for the community:wink:

Suede-like seating surfaces and aluminum-mesh intake covers, new titanium-finished center console and door inserts, lighter rear spoiler, single pane rear glass, lightweight BBS alloy wheels, a lighter battery, titanium shift nob.

Attachments

• SpecsZinardi.JPG
    SpecsZinardi.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 108
#17 in 1999

Z_View.jpg

Here are a few more..........Comptech headers, exhaust, intake + supercharger

8860Zanardi_.jpg

Here are a few more..........Comptech headers, exhaust, intake + supercharger

Tell me you dont kick yourself for selling it? :frown: Any info on it's current whereabouts?

Tell me you dont kick yourself for selling it? :frown: Any info on it's current whereabouts?

It went to a Prime member in Florida.....Wei Shen knows the owner & yes
I do regret selling it.

Are all of them Red?

The Zanardi (only made in 1999) was painted in "New" Formula Red vs the original Formula Red for prior years. "New" Formula Red then became the standard red color from 2000 to 2005.

Im in the process of completing the most extensive database of all the Zanardi cars using carfax, autocheck, AHMCO records and various other sources. Im on #6 right now, should be a good thing for the community:wink:

Bad news got email from a lady who is interested in my car. Her husband wrecked Zinardi #3 in the Hamptons NYC. Thats one less Zinardi so sad. :frown:

000129 was this the last 6 of the Vin#, if so the car was in last reg'd in Tarzana, CA. Wonder if the woman knew what she was talking about or maybe it's not car # 3. Regardless, any info would be appreciated:wink:

Bad news got email from a lady who is interested in my car. Her husband wrecked Zinardi #3 in the Hamptons NYC. Thats one less Zinardi so sad. :frown:

I wonder how long ago that accident happened? Hopefully she was wrong about it being a Zanardi. Depending on how bad the accident was, I would consider rebuilding it to keep it on the road.

000129 was this the last 6 of the Vin#, if so the car was in last reg'd in Tarzana, CA. Wonder if the woman knew what she was talking about or maybe it's not car # 3. Regardless, any info would be appreciated:wink:

Oh no was she a pretender or simply mislead ahaha:tongue: Let's see what she says.

Meeyatch1 she said "just wrecked and waiting to get the check from insurance".

Oh no was she a pretender or simply mislead ahaha:tongue: Let's see what she says.

Meeyatch1 she said "just wrecked and waiting to get the check from insurance".

See if she would mind having her email address forwarded. I would be interested in buying the wrecked car if it is for real, which I hope it is not.

I saw a Zanardi in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago, just imported from the US, I didnt get the number of it though, will see the owner again sometime (as he owns an NSX tuning shop) and post it up, so I guess there is - 1 in the US on top of the wrecks.
//Kye

Her husband wrecked Zinardi #3 in the Hamptons NYC. Thats one less Zinardi so sad. :frown:

That's not #3, it's #49. We knew aboyt that one already.

Kye and everyone else, like I said earlier...I am putting together an Ultimate Zanardi database and any info you guys can give, would be greatly appreciated. I have access to various information sources and will be posting the list when it's ready.

That's not #3, it's #49. We knew aboyt that one already.

Kye and everyone else, like I said earlier...I am putting together an Ultimate Zanardi database and any info you guys can give, would be greatly appreciated. I have access to various information sources and will be posting the list when it's ready.

Sounds good. I did not say the cars.com car is number 3 but the one in NYC that I recieved an email about.

Yes a Zanardi is slight upgrade from a NA2 worth maybe $3-$4k more.
Not saying its not nice just that its not worth much more.

The only major difference worth paying for between any NA2 *Coupe* and a Zanardi is:
No Power Steering
Type-S suspension ($2k)
BBS Wheels ($2k) even though a set of 02 Wheels, TE-37's or RPF1 are still nicer (and lighter RPF1's).
Those three things account for 136lb of the 149lb savings.

Funny thing is production wise:
ONLY 19 NA2 Coupes were made vs 51 Zanardis.
5-red - 2 auto
6-Black
8-Silver
1-White
2-Yellow
2-Blue
So whats to say that a silver or black NA2 coupe is not worth more than a Zanardi? Being that theres really only a small difference of 54lbs to non Zanardi coupe, everything else is tiny cosmetic differences. Lost of people don't like red including me, just not my taste. So theres only 14 coupes to choose from if red is not suitable.
Real Question is... what is that lone 2001 White Coupe worth? last year production of NA2?

Single pane rear glass is 4lbs :rolleyes: get on a diet, mats, seating surfaces, mesh intakes, titanium painted console, window trims, Ti shift knob. no big deal.

Even with the NA1 to NA2 overall potential is the same. That is proven by respective Type-R difference between NA2 & NA1 was minimal in all categories.

Not trying to bash the Zanardi just saying that it is worth more to some, but as far a collect ability 20 years from now, in mint condition:
Obviously Type-R's first
-1991's - First Year
-2005's - Last Year
-2002's - First Year G2
-1997's - First Year NA2
-91-94 - The "Original" coupes becoming known as Senna Edition by young enthusiasts.
-Then - Zanardis basically a Type-S, unfortunately named Zanardi, which name holds no value due to unsuccessful career in F1 and unfortunate leg amputation. They should have just called it Type-S or Senna Edition.
-Than mixed NA2 Coupes.

The Zanardi edition did not even make it have its own version in any video game.

Last edited:
Yes a Zanardi is slight upgrade from a NA2 worth maybe $3-$4k more.
Not saying its not nice just that its not worth much more.

Real Question is... what is that lone 2001 White Coupe worth? last year production of NA2?

The Zanardi edition did not even make it have its own version in any video game.

While you bring up some valid point some are insane. The Zanardi NSX is hand down, the #1 collector status NSX and a true work of art. $3-4K over a NA2 coupe is simply doesnt make any sense.

As far the the white 01 coupe, I had the chance to buy the car back in 2003, but passed on it...not a fan of tan interior, but the black roof was pretty cool.

The video game reference, what can I say that wont insight a riot.:biggrin:

Back