• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel help and advice - 91 want black rims

I have a Red 91 and I want to go to an all black or all black with red "detail" rim. My car's lowered a little, so I'm thinking 18's in the front and 19's in the back. I think I like a solid 5-spoke look without any machined metal or chrome. MODEST BUDGET. What have you guys done or seen? This is a slightly modded car that I just bought. It has 20" shiny rims now and I want to bring it into 2012.

Without a lip kit on your car, the 18/19 combo might be too big. If you plan on adding a lip kit in the future, then go for it :cool: If not, go for 17/18 combo.

I have a Red 91 and I want to go to an all black or all black with red "detail" rim. My car's lowered a little, so I'm thinking 18's in the front and 19's in the back. I think I like a solid 5-spoke look without any machined metal or chrome. MODEST BUDGET. What have you guys done or seen? This is a slightly modded car that I just bought. It has 20" shiny rims now and I want to bring it into 2012.

17/18 is superior to 18/19 in terms of:

1. acceleration since the 17/18 have less rotational mass
2. better braking since the 17/18 have less rotational mass
3. better handling (from mine and other's experience)

Please tell me this is not that perfect 52 mile car that you have.

Yes. Go 17 and 18... You can also get any rim sanded, primed, painted and clear coated to look outstanding. A company here in Houston will do it for $150 per rim and it looks great
I'm actually looking for the same exact thing you are. Size, color and even red trim out.

Here is what mine currently looks like:

photo2-1.jpg

Thinking about selling my wheels. Probably gonna be in the classifieds in the next few days for ~$250 or less for the set (no tires)...
XXR 522 in Chromium Black - 17/18 sizes
CIMG0139.jpg

20110716-dsc_7396.jpg

Emailed u[/QUOTE

These look interesting. PM me. or em,ail me [email protected]. How much shipped to 28704, Arden NC?

AND no... IT'S NOT THE PERFECT 52 MILE CAR. This is a miley automatic that I just got. I had an old Corvette Stingray that I a guy tarded me for an e-type jag and traded that for this car. It had a lot of custom stuff done, that I'm slowly undoing. Rims are currently 18's in the front and 20's in the back. Looks okay, but too blingy for me. The 52mile car now has 61 miles and she's as perfect as ever. The 3,000 mile car, which I never should have sold,(LOVED that car), but it went to a good home in Switzerland. Now this car is one that I'm going to drive the wheels off of. Think it'll be my daily driver.

Back