• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

when wil lthe next generation be out

guys any ideas..im planning on getting my next car next summer..wondering if the nsx will be avaiable..might have to get the viper or porsche if it is not!!

I talked to one of the sales managers at an Acura dealership and he said that a slightly different model is due out in 2001, and maybe that the 2000 owners can get the body kit upgrade for free. Owners of older NSX's could probably purchase the kit too. As for the completely new NSX, he said that it might come out sometime in 2003-2004....also he said that honda has been very unwilling to reveal any details of the nex NSX.

It is very unlikely of Acura to introduce a upgraded model in 2001 and then to introduce a completely new model in 2004. Look what has changed since the intro. of NSX 91 to 2000 model? Besides the engine and the T-top, there is no exterior changes. Same body style for 9 years.

And as for 2000 owners getting a free upgrade bodykit sounds ridiculous. I don't recall any carmaker had this kind of offers to their customers when they upgraded their cars.

I don't usually believe what sales people say and he could just be speculating. But then again, he could be right.

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 05 July 2000).]

Honda/Acura items in August Car and Driver....

C&D states that the next gen NSX is

"...due to hit showrooms in the fall of 2002. It is expected to be powered by a 3.5-liter V-8--an engine shared with the next-generation Acura RL flagship sedan--producing as much as 400 horsepower."

-Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Originally posted by Jay:
I don't usually believe what sales people say and he could just be speculating. But then again, he could be right.

People working at dealerships, from the manager to the service guys to the sales reps, are the LAST people in the car company chain to know the official details about new models.

But they are always the FIRST to try and tell you they have some kind of inside information. It's just a rehash of what they have read in magazines.. or sometimes completely made up.

Back