• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whens the next drive/cruise ? Its time to take advantage of this awesome weather !!

Re: Whens the next drive/cruise ? Its time to take advantage of this awesome weather !!

You are SO right...the weather couldn't be any better than it is now.

But, it's that time of year (holidays coming, etc).

I'll have to check with my scheduler (wife), but I honestly believe my weekends are spoken for until the middle of January.

Sam

Austin?

Hi Cory.

If you are interested in rollin' with the Austin Elises again, they are having a drive on November 5. I may go. The route looks especially good!

Actually, it's been quite a while since we've had a NSX get-together in Austin. Let me talk to some of the other guys here to see if we can come up with something. Would you guys from Houston be interested?

Re: Austin?

Ojas said:
Hi Cory.

If you are interested in rollin' with the Austin Elises again, they are having a drive on November 5. I may go. The route looks especially good!

Actually, it's been quite a while since we've had a NSX get-together in Austin. Let me talk to some of the other guys here to see if we can come up with something. Would you guys from Houston be interested?

Ojas, you have to go next weekend. This drive is going to be great. I will even be in attendance this time (seeing as I have just taken a normal job that doesn't have me working weekends). That and I haven't had the car out much since I got it.

Re: Whens the next drive/cruise ? Its time to take advantage of this awesome weather !!

Please let me know when the next Houston area drive will be. I relocated to Houston from New Orleans in September due to Hurricane Katrina and I will probably be here until March or April of 2006.

I have seen a few NSX's on the street but have yet to talk to any Houston owners. I also just got my timing belt and water pump changed over at Autologic. Brad has a pretty nice set-up over there.

Thanks,
Daniel
832-681-3387 or 504-296-6700

Ok guys when is the next Houston drive. I am a recent NSX owner and I want to take a drive in this great weather with other owners...

Just Do It

Not meaning to incite a nuclear war, but I’m about to make a candid observation. Of the posts in this thread, up to this point half of them are asking when is the next Houston drive. Answer - unless you take the initiative to put it together, it will not happen.

In late 1997 or early 1998, me and one other NSX would do our own little Westheimer cruises. He knew another NSXer and one weekend the three of us went to TWS. There we met an NSXer from Austin and another one from Houston. Fast-forward to the (now defunct?) NsteXpo event where I helped coordinate many, we would have fifteen to twenty NSXs from the surrounding areas and neighboring states. A couple of us eventually were part of the planning team from NSXPO 2002 where there something like eighty NSXs.

I am not beating my drum. I am merely pointing out that if a few of you want to go for a drive, take the initiate and coordinate an event. Post it in the SouthCentral category on PRIME. There are other active NSXers in Houston may not even have seen this thread yet. If they do, and if they see someone is taking the initiative to make it happen, it will. Been there, done it and have dozens of NSteXpo and NSXPO shirts to prove it.

From the movie Field of Dreams…..”If you build it, they will come.”

Last edited:

I completely agree with you about setting it up yourself. Thing though is that I personally do not know of many back roads where we could really enjoy driving. So if anyone has any information or suggestion then I would be more then happy to arrange things.

Hey guys,

Come to Austin this Sunday (November 6th) for a drive and dinner. The weather should be great. Several folks from Houston will be attending so you can just join the caravan.

I will post details soon. :)

Ojas said:
Hey guys,

Come to Austin this Sunday (November 6th) for a drive and dinner. The weather should be great. Several folks from Houston will be attending so you can just join the caravan.

Looking forward to it! We can zip up I-10 to 71, or 290. If we want to spend a little more time, I can find some interesting backroads to get us there!

Sam

Ojas said:
Hey guys,

You're still going with us on Saturday too, right?

Back