• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Boulder, CT?
There is no Bolder in CT.

I wonder if the other CT was Gadgeman's?
It came in with the red one in North Haven, CT

As RJD stated, my source silver (VIN 200 / Engine #295 ) was delivered to same N Haven dealership. Executive is sister to my Berlin Acura and only one equipped for PDI while Berlins new facility is in construction. The VRP is the dealership owners car and it will ship to his FL retreat in future. So based on my #'s it looks like US cars may be ~ 2/3's of the builds so far

Last edited:
update: car was recently sold for a $15,000 premium

I think this is getting into a normal and sane range.

Knowing what I know now, and assuming I did not already have one in my garage, I might pay a $10-$15K premium to have an early car now versus waiting 6-9 months (or whatever the wait would be if I was looking to order a car at MSRP). Life is short and it's fun to own the new-new thing.

Small update
Production steady at 6 per day and will move to 7
There will be a website for the tours
Owners to be informed in November
Sounds like it will work like a restaurant reservation system
Rep did not know about the 2 cars being delivered to 1 dealership
NSXPO will have a ton of video coverage
No news on what else Acura has up their sleeve
He is getting better info about future production plans
I let him know that the iPad App shows contrast stitching on the dash but the actual car had white stitching on the dash

Last edited:
#130 at Motorcars Acura. Chassis #195 (IIRC). I got to sit in it today. It has most if not all of the exterior and interior carbon fiber pieces including the roof; full leather power seats; Alcantara headliner; the fancy $1200 floormats (!?); the XM radio; and the $1500 intertwined wheels. MSRP is $203k, they are asking $249k including market adjustment. My salesman let me sit in it. I imagined it in blue, without the carbon fiber bits, as that's how I'd spec mine....my spec would be $179k. It feels soooooo comfortable inside. Controls are easy to reach. The seat isn't as low as the NSX 1.0. The aniline full leather was really soft. Felt high-quality to me. The shape and feel of the steering wheel make me want to buy a Eurobotique wheel ASAP. Valencia Red looks even better in person than in this lousy iPhone picture.

80-14702433_10209250957664360_8242829086964749384_n_4d5be175c156a599892eab784b2b6904fc020dc6.jpg

I will has one in my driveway eventually....just give me a year or two to be ready financially for it.

Just saw one at a local dealer for 1700.00 under MSRP. Here we go......

I'm not sure I understand.. Are people really still paying over MSRP or are there just some dealerships hoping for "high rollers"? Just trying to save folks $$.. Many dealerships selling their car (or open slot) at MSRP if you just call around.

Not too surprised at all the unsold cars. Part of the appeal of ordering a new car like the NSX is being able to order it exactly how you want it. So unless the dealer's car just happens to have exactly the options and colours that you were planning on getting, most people would probably wait until their spot comes up, especially if it also means having to pay extra. Only the really impatient or ones who just want the newest thing would go for the dealer cars. And it looks like there aren't a whole lot of those type of buyers.

If the stars align with financing guru at my dealers, I may pick mine up this afternoon. The last minute notice did not allow us proper planning on this. Hopefully it will be in the garage tonight. If so, I may go to cafeine & carburetors last of the year function on Sunday.

I was told that Acura is using the Zone Reps to try to convince the dealers to sell without the market adjustments

there was also sone info in print that Acura is working on a different seat that would be better for tall folks. He had no knowledge of that.

So, if they are making 6-7/day (not all for US, I acknowledge) and the unsold population is edging down, it doesn't sound like a "sell-through" problem, more like dealers asking markups-- perhaps in part to have the car in the showroom for a while. As these "mark-up dealers" get closer to receiving their second cars, I suspect pricing will revert to MSRP quickly.

I like to point to the real estate model

if your initial offer price is too high it tends to poison the market for the asset

in our case, the market adjustments and dealer control of spec (goosing up the MSRP with CF options) on the coverage units are things that turns customers off to a car that has been delayed

we also have a situation where most potential buyers have never seen, sat in, let alone driven the car

- - - Updated - - -

I was also informed that US registrations are over 100

So, if they are making 6-7/day (not all for US, I acknowledge) and the unsold population is edging down, it doesn't sound like a "sell-through" problem, more like dealers asking markups-- perhaps in part to have the car in the showroom for a while. As these "mark-up dealers" get closer to receiving their second cars, I suspect pricing will revert to MSRP quickly.
likely depends on the market. there are 7 in socal, 4 in norcal. stores are hoping to capitalize on the nostalgia of this car, but acura messed it up with the timing of everything.

i think there will be mark up on the 2nd allocations, albeit a lesser one.

my best guess is MSRP might happen on the 3rd or 4th allocations.

my best guess is MSRP might happen on the 3rd or 4th allocations.

MSRP IS HAPPENING NOW. I've called over 10 dealerships in the past week on new NSX's that somewhat meet my criteria and all are selling at MSRP. Here are just a few if you're interested in MSRP. Some on cars.com are owners car and have already been sold but two of those dealership were quick to offer MSRP on building:
* Criswell Acura
* Fresno Acura
* Acura of Rochester
... just to name a few.. Stop telling people they are above MSRP. That is causing folks to wait when they don't have to..

Just simply sort the cars.com by price and call..

Last edited:
MSRP for cars sitting on showroom floor or new orders? I guess it makes sense that places outside major metro areas would be happy to just move the cars.

All cars I called on were on the floor. The closest I came was to the Black one at Criswell... just can't commit to Black just yet. They emailed me and took $1k off MSRP but still can't...... still leaning towards Nord Gray...

Back