• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

The number under the hatch is the chassis number and does not align with the vin number in most cases.

Today's update

cars without the CF engine cover will have the chassis # plaque
no production number update this week
McGrath in Westmont will be the first Chicagoland dealer to receive one
acura is looking at opportunities for test drives. Perhaps during the PMC tour, for folks not doing the track experience. They are also looking at doing another dealership training like they did in the Spring and folks with contracts or qualified buyers could be invited (just in the discussion phase).
the issue with factory delivery or direct ship to customers appears to be related to contractual agreements, i.e. the dealer gets paid for PDI.
all the banter about the R and vert is just talk so far.

acura is looking at opportunities for test drives. Perhaps during the PMC tour, for folks not doing the track experience. They are also looking at doing another dealership training like they did in the Spring and folks with contracts or qualified buyers could be invited (just in the discussion phase).
the issue with factory delivery or direct ship to customers appears to be related to contractual agreements, i.e. the dealer gets paid for PDI.
Good to see that they're in a state of continual evaluation of how they deliver the supercar experience. When I asked some of the Acura folks about factory deliveries last year they were pretty sure they weren't going to be doing any such thing. Glad to see it's on the table.
all the banter about the R and vert is just talk so far.
I have to think a Type-R is at least 2 years out, maybe 3. Would be nice to see a more hardcore trim sooner than later but I just don't think that's in the cards.

I amy have not been completely clear.

Factory delivery or home delivery (directly from the factory) is not happening.

Some kind of test drive opportunity is being looked at.

Last edited:
19UNC1B09HY000013

A red on red car just showed up on cars.com in Miami

<tbody ng-if="::listing.isNewCarStockType" class="ng-scope" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box;">
</tbody>

I spoke with my dealer today

acura had sent out an email blast

32 cars have shipped and 20 of them are coverage units

17 have reached dealerships

dealers have a tool to track where their car is between the PMC and their store

they claim the factory is making strides to improve the production rate (what a joke)

acura has a communication plan to say nice things to the owners during the first year of ownership (I didn't see that document

i asked him to see if they can beat up a regional rep to get some useful information and also to reach out to their second store to see if anyone there has any scoop

dealers have a tool to track where their car is between the PMC and their store

Is this info supposed to be for dealers only or are they allowed to share it? I keep asking for it and they are refusing to tell me. Not directly of course, they just never get back to me.

After a handful of ignored emails I called my rep (I have his personal cell) and told him (again) that I want this info. He told me that he will have the manager check today and call/email me. Surprise surprise, yet again no contact today.

A coverage unit is a car from the first allocation to the 253 US dealers, one per dealership

some of the cars will go to customers, some to dealer principals and some will sit on the floor with market adjustments

the email from Acura did not have any language constraining what could be done with the tracking information so Acura of Boston should be able to tell you if the car is at a rest stop on the Pike near Grafton (for example)

- - - Updated - - -

The car that we saw with vin #001 for Canada would be a good example of the 12 non coverage unit cars shipped

Dealers shouldn't be allowed to purchase any cars for their personal use until after at least 2 allocations. Maybe a bit draconian, but Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's any consolation, there's also a long wait for Honda airplanes:

At the time of this writing, Honda Aircraft had more than 100 orders
for the HondaJet. With seven airplanes delivered, the company expects
to ramp up production to three to four jets per month next year,
so new customers will have to be patient.
(from an article last month at http://www.flyingmag.com/we-fly-honda-aircraft-ha-420 )

The car that we saw with vin #001 for Canada would be a good example of the 12 non coverage unit cars shipped

According to dealers here car 001 is a Honda Canada car brought up for the Honda Indy and will be on tour through dealers this summer and fall.
Not sold to anyone as far as we know.

According to dealers here car 001 is a Honda Canada car brought up for the Honda Indy and will be on tour through dealers this summer and fall.
Not sold to anyone as far as we know.
Jim, to be clear, is that is car 800001?

Here is the shindig Esserman Acura put on for their first delivery

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzsyPgQNqco

the owner is 68 and owns a flower distribution business

so much for the target population capping at 49 Acura

- - - Updated - - -

The white at Stevens Creek

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l0TkkscOpNY

Nice capture of the idle sound

Not intended that way

congratulations to him

i believe they said he had 4 NSXs before this one

i believe the actual owner base for this car will be older than Acura claims the target to be

i am 58 (gee that is old)

Not really sure what to do anymore. On Sunday I called my sales rep on his personal phone and told him I was tired of the complete lack of communication and demanded to see what the tracking info was. He told me that first thing on Monday he would have the manager check and get back to me. Monday and Tuesday I hear nothing and my email to him today was ignored.

Starting to seriously think about picking up a blue McLaren I have had my eye on and just forget about this whole fiasco. I don't mind waiting but the disrespect and lack of communication is just too much.

Not really sure what to do anymore. On Sunday I called my sales rep on his personal phone and told him I was tired of the complete lack of communication and demanded to see what the tracking info was.....Starting to seriously think about picking up a blue McLaren I have had my eye on and just forget about this whole fiasco.

I feel your pain, but step back and consider your situation. Your dealer is in the MDX business, not the NSX business. They've told you all they are supposed to tell you and are likely frustrated themselves that Honda is not being more transparent. They have been warned repeatedly to not share any info with customers to avoid false promises. When they seek additional info, they get none. The amount of info YOU get is NOT related to the number of inquiries you make.

As I am sure you aware, YOU are likely to know more about the NSX and status of production/deliveries than your dealer. When Acura calls dealer to say you car is en route, I AM SURE you will get the call within the hour. I suspect dealer is dodging you because they can't make you happy. Of course, this is a bad strategy for them-- but understandable.

Anyway, the above is what I am telling myself.

A Blue 570 would be awesome--- no shame in that. I, however, am sticking with my conclusion that the NSX will be a notable early example of the *future* of sport cars, whereas the 570 is a great example of legacy design concepts. Both have merit, but I choose the future.

I reluctantly embrace this ridiculously as the price of being an early adopter.

Last edited:
The NSX reps have internal meetings on Wednesday (but not last week)

i will call later today to see if any news has fallen from the tree

Also the GM from my dealer will be back in the office on Thursday and will be lighting a fire under the Azz of their regional rep

Back