• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I wasn't expecting to see any news last week due to the 4th and that more or less was the case. I really hope things pick back up starting tomorrow.

Last edited:
The RLX and TLX pricing was not shown on the April 12 price release either
I don't think it's bad communication but rather nothing new to state on those two cars.
Those cars didn't show up there because that is the 2017 pricing. The 2017 models of the TLX and RLX are not out yet. Simple as that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Follow up to clean green, who kindly noted that 025 arrived at Goodson Acura

here is a brief walk around video of the car that does a nice job showing the interior materials covering the cars are shipped with

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORaPjpmhaiE

- - - Updated - - -

Today's news:
Production has reached about 40 cars
When a car is ready to ship the dealer is informed.
Honda will own multiple production units and will start lending them to reviewers next month for long term testing.
Tour info will be finalized and communicated next month.
I requested that finished cars be photographed and pics sent to the owner.
Vin vs Serial number info
Serial numbers will be repeated with some regional country info so the US will have an 001 and so will Canada.
The build plaques will be sequential. The car at Goodson is serial #0021 and plaque #0025 .
There will be a smattering of ex US cars, primarily for Asia and Canada but the focus of early production will be fo US units.

Last edited:
Just saw #14 in person. Thanks [MENTION=26078]blue_myriddn[/MENTION]. IT looks much better in person than in photographs. Also saw a pre-facelift original red parked in the front lot at the dealership in Nova.

I'm joining Bricks with an observation about the maturity of Honda's marketing approach.

The initial plan was all NSX's were made to order, first for dealer principals (or equivalent) then on to retail sales.
I guess the idea being dealers would have an NSX for their local showrooms to increase traffic etc. then eventually sold.

Now we've got 8 NSX's appearing unsold on Cars.com at various premiums to MSRP being advertised nationally.
If the trend continues as more deliveries are made we could have dozens of NSX's appearing unsold.

Meantime the retail customers are waiting until the dealers all get their initial cars.
If 40 have been produced so far there's likely another 200 plus to go for dealer delivery.
That could put retail deliveries into October/November, just in time for winter in the northern states.

Would seem to be better to put deliveries into the hands of real owners, starting in the north and working south as the seasons progress.

I'm wondering if Honda misjudged the effect of car for sale websites like Cars.com and their national reach.
This isn't doing much to create an aura of exclusivity around the NSX.

Also not a fan of dealers taking their freshly delivered cars to C&C -- takes the fun out of it for original owners to be IMO. Kind of cheap.

Serial numbers will be repeated with some regional country info so the US will have an 001 and so will Canada.

Normally Canada gets country code 8 followed by 5 digits of the serial number.
The rumour is Canada will get 83 NSX's, 45 for dealers, and 38 retail.
And it would appear all will be delivered in the winter, allowing plenty of time for the paint to cure before being driven. :eek:

From what I heard yesterday, Canada will get a few early cars, as will Asia

of the 253 cars ordered under the coverage unit set, we have no idea how many were dealer orders vs customer orders

from the commonality of the $50k market adjustment (thankfully unsuccessful as far as we know) seen, it feels like the dealer meeting for the car provided an opportunity for the dealers to collude

hopefully some regular customers have received their cars and more will receive them in the next few weeks

it looks like the production rate is coming up and is expected to get closer to target rates

- - - Updated - - -

Serial #012 , colors not listed just showed up in Fort Lauderdale

Last edited:
I called and it is silver. possibly white interior. pre sold.

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Nice! :) I wasn't sure I would like silver on the NXS, but it looks sharp.

silver nsx rick Case

looks gorgeous in person

Attachments

• 0715161120b.jpg
    0715161120b.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 0715161120a.jpg
    0715161120a.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 0715161120.jpg
    0715161120.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 66
ohhhh what a feeling......when you're driving on the ceiling......

Back