• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Bid for a spot.....$10,000 plus. On prime marketplace

NSX 2017 Acura NSX Build Slot for sale by Certified Asshat
$10,000.00
End Date: Monday Oct-24-2016 13:08:50 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $10,000.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

More...

can you coast in neutral...kinda like hypermiling....

can you coast in neutral...kinda like hypermiling....

Below around 50MPH, car for sure does this as it shuts off ICE and goes into "EV" mode but, off throttle, it neither "Assists" nor "Charges"-- so it is effectively coasting with (mechanical) drivetrain disengaged. I don't think it literally "shifts into neutral" with ICE running at any speed (at least I have not observed that).

interesting..so there is no way to manually shift into neutral?......btw I have no experience with any of these dual clutch autos.

[MENTION=4282]docjohn[/MENTION] , in my RLX Sport Hybrid, the only way to shift into neutral is to press the "n" button on the center console. There's no need to use it, though, as even in my car, under 57 mph, the ICE will shut off if not much throttle. I presume it's similar in the NSX.

Last edited:
New record: Where are the "premium" buyers? Do we have have an overinflated opinion of the new nsx popularity?

71 New and Used Acura NSX for sale

Read more at https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...&yrId=30031936&mdId=21685#DQSM16p2sTJAT0PB.99

Hey bruce i believe this # figure is wrong.. a lot of these dealers that have them posted for "sale" aren't for sale or already pre-sold and they are just holding them in inventory for that 60 day cure on the paint. I've called quite a bit of them and honestly i believe they are just leaving them in inventory for more flow in traffic

Even if the cars.com number is off - there are a whopping 12 cars listed for sale on eBay. That is a lot for a new release and speaks a bit about the difficulty this car will have meeting its sales goals.

I think all this is a bunch of people try to make a fast buck on the new whizzy car. Happens all the time. That's all...

I got mine, exactly the way I wanted it, after three years of waiting. The dealer's happy because it went away, and they ordered the second one.

I paid a premium and I got what I wanted as soon as possible. In my area, if I did not agree, then someone else would have it...

I think all this is a bunch of people try to make a fast buck on the new whizzy car. Happens all the time. That's all...

I got mine, exactly the way I wanted it, after three years of waiting. The dealer's happy because it went away, and they ordered the second one.

I paid a premium and I got what I wanted as soon as possible. In my area, if I did not agree, then someone else would have it...

as long as your happy that's all that matters !

from what I am hearing, the owners of the cars are delighted with them and that speaks volumes. The problem though is that it doesn't seem to be pushing in to new territory AND the markups are creating a bit of a barrier. I think there is a decent buying pool in the $150-$175 range and many of the cars for sale have been well over $200k

so far every new owner posting on prime has been very excited/happy.

Let's look at the inventory situation a bit.

The dealerships have a mixture of thoughts, getting a market adjustment, finally having an exciting car in the show room, needing to actually show the car to people because Acura hasn't made it available.

Also note that the Cars.com listings include some amount of cars that are essentially auto populated to the website due to how the inventory systems and the dealerships work (i.e. not every car on Cars.com will be an available unit, for example if the dealer principle is keeping the car).

Now that all the coverage units have been built, the dealers will either order their next car or pass. I doubt any dealer in the program will drop out due to the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars put into it.

I would expect that at some point, unsold inventory in small markets will be traded/sold to dealers in CA, FL, NY, TX, etc. That may be perpetuated as too many dealers in areas with little to no market for these cars will want to recoup their investment but have not customers. My dealer had no one lined up and ordered the next car to put of the floor.

I think the important metric is manufacture rate versus sell-through rate. The Cars.com "for sale population" is a snapshot and doesn't say much about how many cars are sold-through to end customers each day/week/month. As production cadence has picked up, it is natural for the number of "in flight" cars to increase a bit. The key is if this number continuous to increase after production output stabilizes (with a 2-3 week lag). I predict that we are at or near a high-water mark for "cars available for sale" (per Cars.com) and that this number will come down over time.

Random story.... since i've been looking at so many other cars at the moment, i saw a post on NSX prime FB from a lady showing a Nord grey landing at their dealership and asking for a PM on details etc. I msged her very direct as i'm really fed up with dealers posting MSRP & Internet price then when i call they say "oh no that's not without our mark up" .. getting really old guys.

I asked what the MSRP on this car and if there was any mark up.

Her response word for word "Sticker is 200700 yes on mark up I can tell you why but still the same unfortunately i am marking up- not for the owners pockets but we spend 150k in shop equiptment and tools and had to add a special lift for the car just to be able to buy it from the factory.."

i gave her my 2 cents about the whole deal and this ridiculous new NSX mark up yada yada... couple days later she msged me and told me she took what i said in consideration and wanted to negotiate the mark up to $15k. I ended the convo

I can barely believe I side with the dealers in some cases but here we go.

she was at least being pretty straight with you.

the numbers I have heard is more like $200k to get into the program.

shop equipment, fancy sales displays, travel and training for staff, parts inventory , merchandise inventory.

let's say my dealer made $10-11k on my MSRP sale

he is a small shop and will get maybe 3 cars a year

he will get 0 service dollars from me as I live 150 miles away

he currently has 0 people inline and ordered the next car to go on the floor

don't feel too bad as these folks own 16 stores and 4 body shops but it illustrates this car will do a lot more for big city dealerships than the local Acura store

i honestly believe Acura should have capped the number of NSX dealers to 100 to 150.

how many NSX customers can there be in rusted out Rochester, NY for example.

that is why I have been saying that in the future a lot of these cars will just get shipped to CA, FL, TX, NY because there are plenty of customers to absorb them in the above mentioned states.

The dealer's opted in on their own though. They were required to invest in the equipment in order to be able to sell and service the new car. But they didn't have to sell the car. I would hope that every one of them that did looked at the numbers to see if it would even be financially worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I can understand the dealers wanting to capture as much premium as they can.
Perhaps what they are missing is that while this is a special new Acura and to the Acura dealer it's a big moment, within the segment the NSX is in it's not such a big moment.
Lots of competition, latest magazine articles haven't been particularly kind to the car, and it' doesn't appear to be selling at the premiums being asked.
The dealer is looking at his local market, but the buyer is looking at the total US market.
Lots of NSX's available, suspect most sales are at MSRP or close to that.

Honda probabaly needs to keep an eye on the total unsold volume and how many dealers have a car unsold on the floor and are ordering another unsold.

did you get the one from LG?

The dealer (Gold Coast) selling the Nord Gray example mentioned above is one of only two Acura dealers on the Central Coast of California who opted to sell/support the new car. They are holding a "Launch Party" this Saturday which undoubtedly reaffirms the high preference to keep prospective buyers and their money local.

The dealer (Gold Coast) selling the Nord Gray example mentioned above is one of only two Acura dealers on the Central Coast of California who opted to sell/support the new car. They are holding a "Launch Party" this Saturday which undoubtedly reaffirms the high preference to keep prospective buyers and their money local.

Good for them!
Very professional.

Good for them!
Very professional.

Yep! Free food/drink, giveaways, live band, etc. They are setting up an area for Gen 1 owners to park/show.
icon14.png

Back