• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I heard thru a very good source that the dealers was only suppose rollback up to 300 miles to cover lost for demo drives.(Ferrari wanted the dealers to give more drives).
It look like some people(dealers) just took it to far!

I can't find any articles about the LaFerrari that prompted the lawsuit. I wonder what happened to that guy and if the Ferrari collector market shuns his car? It's mind blowing that people would value a 5 mile LaFerrari significantly higher than a 300 mile LaFerrari. Same with these guys that buy a Ford GT with delivery miles and park it. What's the point?

Just google Bud Root Ferrari (Ferrari employee) or Steven McMillan Ferrari (customer)...for example here's one from the Miami Herald [LINK] and in this case it added a million dollars to the sale price of his car.

Yeah I know but that story is a year old. What happened to the car? Did he sell it? What happened to the owner? That’s a federal crime was he charged with anything? You’d think the former head of Sara Lee getting caught doing something like that there would be a bigger story to be told. I can’t find anything other than the salesperson’s lawsuit story.

And how is -300 miles on a car worth $1 million???

Good questions...

The Circuit Civil Court case between them is still open:

The case of Root, Robert Bud v McMillan, C. Steven can be accessed here: https://applications.mypalmbeachclerk.com/eCaseView/
Case Number: 50-2016-CA-008921-XXXX-MB
*There are 107 dockets of ongoing litigation between them starting from 8/9/16 going all the way up to just a little over a month ago –6/22/18.

Why McMillan hasn't been charged with anything could be pending this outcome, who knows?

It appears Root dropped everything against the dealership...
https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...w_Country_Motor_Cars_of_Palm_Beach,_LLC_et_al

Then took his job back as a salesman there...
https://www.ferraripalmbeach.com/about-us/meet-the-staff

And what happened to that car? Probably the owner of this "new" Ferrari at "0 mi" would prefer to not be found/have anybody know he paid the extra mil for it.

81RQDLGb8RL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
That's really odd. I can't think of any situation where a dealer or the factory would be justified in rolling back 300 miles to zero. Cars have delivery miles on them, that's normal. I have a friend with a Ferrari SD tool and another with a Lamborghini Lara tool. I've played myself with the Lara hooked up to my car. These tools don't have any mileage rollback feature. The DEIS thing must be something new and dealer only.

I can't find any articles about the LaFerrari that prompted the lawsuit. I wonder what happened to that guy and if the Ferrari collector market shuns his car? It's mind blowing that people would value a 5 mile LaFerrari significantly higher than a 300 mile LaFerrari. Same with these guys that buy a Ford GT with delivery miles and park it. What's the point?

it is peculiar, i'd like to know the reasoning myself...

Comparing the NSX to the 458 is apples to oranges....

car to car, tech-wise, yes. but they're both shiny, have 4 wheels and go fast. and with 8 and 9 year old 458's falling into the MSRP range of a new NSX, you can bet they're being cross shopped. many a poster on here has raised that query...

Yeah I know but that story is a year old. What happened to the car? Did he sell it? What happened to the owner? That’s a federal crime was he charged with anything? You’d think the former head of Sara Lee getting caught doing something like that there would be a bigger story to be told. I can’t find anything other than the salesperson’s lawsuit story.

And how is -300 miles on a car worth $1 million???

$1,000,000 for 300 miles. that's absolutely absurd...

The 458 looks like a great car, but 2012 models are still $40-70k more than I paid for my NSX, which to me is a significant amount of money...... Not just a few thousand $$. I'll assume that newer cars are more expensive than the 12'. These cars range in price from $170K to well over $200k depending on mileage, from 6k to 36K. It is somewhat refreshing to see that it's a Ferrari that guys are actually driving rather than sitting on blocks as a commodity....... A guy has to determine if the additional cost of the Ferrari is worth it to him. I could not have stretched finances any further, so for me, it was not ever a choice to look at one. To someone else, it may well be worth it, especially in a case where money is not an obstacle. I'm working hard to get to that point, but not there yet.....
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...derivedpriceDESC&numRecords=25&firstRecord=25

Last edited:
The 458 looks like a great car, but 2012 models are still $40-70k more than I paid for my NSX, which to me is a significant amount of money...... Not just a few thousand $$. I'll assume that newer cars are more expensive than the 12'. These cars range in price from $170K to well over $200k depending on mileage, from 6k to 36K. It is somewhat refreshing to see that it's a Ferrari that guys are actually driving rather than sitting on blocks as a commodity....... A guy has to determine if the additional cost of the Ferrari is worth it to him. I could not have stretched finances any further, so for me, it was not ever a choice to look at one. To someone else, it may well be worth it, especially in a case where money is not an obstacle. I'm working hard to get to that point, but not there yet.....
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...derivedpriceDESC&numRecords=25&firstRecord=25

2009 and 2010 458's, nine cars from $150,000 to $170,000. there are viable options within the new NSX price range:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...=derivedpriceDESC&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0

if a poster gets under your virtual skin place them on the ignore list go to your user settings :wink:

that's more hassle than i'm concerned with. i'd rather just tell them to buggar off and stop being a baby...

haha lol I was posting to viper

A used Ferrari with no warranty vs. a new NSX with a warranty. It's a no brainer for me. NSX all day long.
Doc, you just gotta clean a few dirty mouths and then you can be elevated to Ferrari frosted tip hair douchness.:biggrin:

I see.............. said the blind man...

Guys, "can't we all just....get along"?

As much as I like the 458, I'd still get the new NSX, too. If money (and garage space.....the struggle is real LOL!) were no object, I'd have the 458 AND the new NSX. Not to mention lots of early 90's Japanese iron.

Anyway, where are the deliveries in this thread? Moar please... (no jokes about only three deliveries last month, please.... ba-dum-tss!)

i do believe this thread unofficially changed from "Production Deliveries" to "NSX Monthly Sales" a while back though mate... :biggrin:

LOLZ...seems like it.

internet humor is a two way street...but you have to have some simpatico for the guys who stepped up and bought or leased the new nsx......they are all happy with the car...but to keep reading over and over in clever jabs and cajoling that sales suck can get tiresome....I personally like the involvement of real owners and anything we tire kickers can do to not drive them away would be good....capisce...

or just enjoy a very nice Supercar purchased at probably a very nice price.

This should be your tag line...we understand the rest...:wink:

This has been an interesting conversation to follow. As a car guy, I really like what Acura tried to do with the new NSX. It definitely has exotic looks and performance to match. When dealers were first taking orders and selling them in their showrooms, I considered buying one new, but at an MSRP of about $190k and a $20k dealer mark up on top of that, I thought that for that money, I'd consider something else for the time being. I ended up buying a 2012 Audi R8 V10 6-speed to fill that supercar void while I waited for the NSX buzz to die down. Fast forward 2 years, I started looking at used NSXs with under 5k miles in the $130k-$140k range. I even placed an offer of $125k and then $130k on an NSX with 4k miles that had an original $185k MSRP. Ultimately, that deal fell through and sent me looking for another NSX. In talking to dealers with both used and new inventory, I couldn't find one with the same features and specs as the first one for under $145k despite in some circumstances, the dealer having the car in stock for 8+ months. It seems like dealers probably paid too much for these are not budging much on the prices. As I continued my search, it was my 12-year-old son that basically said: "if you're going to be paying that much for an Acura NSX, why not a Ferrari?" Again, I know that this is an apples and oranges comparison, but in researching where Ferrari 458 prices are and the ownership costs involved are, it was clear that the 458 was as reliable as their German and Japanese counterparts. Additionally, you can fully anticipate where Ferrari 458 prices will be in the next 4-5 years. The Ferrari 488 has been a bit of a bust of Ferrari, and many 458 owners are holding on to their cars instead of "upgrading" to the 488 due to the busy design of the 488 and the change in exhaust tone due to being turbo-charged. Ultimately, for less than $30k more above the cost of the NSXs I was looking at, I was able to purchase a two-owner, enthusiast owned 2012 Ferrari 458, with under 15k miles being sold by a Ferrari dealership. Of course, the Ferrari is nowhere near the NSX in terms of technology, but ultimately, it checks one of the boxes on my bucket list, sounds amazing, is sexy as hell and everyone, including non-car people, instantly recognize and appreciate the beauty of the car. Again, not knocking the NSX or NSX owners by any means. I just wanted to provide a first-hand experience and perspective of someone who was at the point of buying an NSX that ultimately stretched a little more and purchased a Ferrari. The car still has one more free service left on the 7-year maintenance plan and has a 1 year Ferrari New Power Warranty. I know that the cost of ownership will be so much more than if I had bought the NSX, but it's a Ferrari.

By the way, I don't have bleached or highlighted hair, nor am I a pretentious douchebag, just a car guy that can appreciate all cars.

My Ferrari.jpg

Last edited:
This has been an interesting conversation to follow. As a car guy, I really like what Acura tried to do with the new NSX. It definitely has exotic looks and performance to match. When dealers were first taking orders and selling them in their showrooms, I considered buying one new, but at an MSRP of about $190k and a $20k dealer mark up on top of that, I thought that for that money, I'd consider something else for the time being. I ended up buying a 2012 Audi R8 V10 6-speed to fill that supercar void while I waited for the NSX buzz to die down. Fast forward 2 years, I started looking at used NSXs with under 5k miles in the $130k-$140k range. I even placed an offer of $125k and then $130k on an NSX with 4k miles that had an original $185k MSRP. Ultimately, that deal fell through and sent me looking for another NSX. In talking to dealers with both used and new inventory, I couldn't find one with the same features and specs as the first one for under $145k despite in some circumstances, the dealer having the car in stock for 8+ months. It seems like dealers probably paid too much for these are not budging much on the prices. As I continued my search, it was my 12-year-old son that basically said: "if you're going to be paying that much for an Acura NSX, why not a Ferrari?" Again, I know that this is an apples and oranges comparison, but in researching where Ferrari 458 prices are and the ownership costs involved are, it was clear that the 458 was as reliable as their German and Japanese counterparts. Additionally, you can fully anticipate where Ferrari 458 prices will be in the next 4-5 years. The Ferrari 488 has been a bit of a bust of Ferrari, and many 458 owners are holding on to their cars instead of "upgrading" to the 488 due to the busy design of the 488 and the change in exhaust tone due to being turbo-charged. Ultimately, for less than $30k more above the cost of the NSXs I was looking at, I was able to purchase a two-owner, enthusiast owned 2012 Ferrari 458, with under 15k miles being sold by a Ferrari dealership. Of course, the Ferrari is nowhere near the NSX in terms of technology, but ultimately, it checks one of the boxes on my bucket list, sounds amazing, is sexy as hell and everyone, including non-car people, instantly recognize and appreciate the beauty of the car. Again, not knocking the NSX or NSX owners by any means. I just wanted to provide a first-hand experience and perspective of someone who was at the point of buying an NSX that ultimately stretched a little more and purchased a Ferrari. The car still has one more free service left on the 7-year maintenance plan and has a 1 year Ferrari New Power Warranty. I know that the cost of ownership will be so much more than if I had bought the NSX, but it's a Ferrari.

By the way, I don't have bleached or highlighted hair, nor am I a pretentious douchebag, just a car guy that can appreciate all cars.

View attachment 155103

Your car is phenomenal. It's like rolling artwork with an engine that is the functional equivalent of the Italian Opera.
It's also the last of its kind. You have the last NA V8 Ferrari, and it's actually the best one the company ever produced. I've driven 458s on a track before and rode shotgun in Maranello in a 458 Scuderia and winding that engine to 9K has no aural equivalent. Sure, there are faster cars for less money, but not better looking and not better sounding. Plus you don't have to ever explain what you are driving. Many of us passed on NSX 2.0 for a variety of reasons...

if a poster gets under your virtual skin place them on the ignore list go to your user settings :wink:

Done. Perhaps I'll get to meet him at NSXPO and he can follow me around there and tell me how terrible my car is. That would be fun. In the meantime, I believe I get to "ignore" my first ever jagoff in my 16-year history on NSX Prime.

internet humor is a two way street...but you have to have some simpatico for the guys who stepped up and bought or leased the new nsx......they are all happy with the car...but to keep reading over and over in clever jabs and cajoling that sales suck can get tiresome....I personally like the involvement of real owners and anything we tire kickers can do to not drive them away would be good....capisce...

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm fairly sure (based on discussions in other forums) that there are other NC1 owners who avoid this place like the plague. Personally, I like it here. It's been home to me for a long time. I've learned a lot, contributed a lot, and had a few spats with a few people. But it's changed, no doubt about it, and not for the better.

Last edited:
you need to run it up and down a curvy mountain road, or take a few laps...

easily... :biggrin:

ok fastaussie I impulsed bought a 2011 giallo 458 with < 13k miles yesterday and its for my wife (or so I told her). My 2017 NSX is still better in every way to me except for looks and will continue to be my daily choice. The 458 stupid turn signals are horrendous and I cant even see if they are on or off unless I look under the steering wheel. I was having a hard time trying to use the radio but that will be solved with more seat time, hvac controls not great, wife loves it so thats a plus. Crappy cupholder and many other issues. Almost bought a 12c spyder last week for much less $ but fellow prime member buddy stephen tu bought it instead of me so ok whatever. Stephen will let you know the nsx is also better than either 12c spyder or 458 as he's driven the car alot but it isnt flashy enough for him. Also the car doesnt feel as stable to me when cornering even at medium speeds but maybe more seat time will change that458 at home.jpg

Last edited:
ok fastaussie I impulsed bought a 2011 giallo 458 with < 13k miles yesterday and its for my wife (or so I told her). My 2017 NSX is still better in every way to me except for looks and will continue to be my daily choice. The 458 stupid turn signals are horrendous and I cant even see if they are on or off unless I look under the steering wheel. I was having a hard time trying to use the radio but that will be solved with more seat time, hvac controls not great, wife loves it so thats a plus. Crappy cupholder and many other issues. Almost bought a 12c spyder last week for much less $ but fellow prime member buddy stephen tu bought it instead of me so ok whatever. Stephen will let you know the nsx is also better than either 12c spyder or 458 as he's driven the car alot but it isnt flashy enough for him. Also the car doesnt feel as stable to me when cornering even at medium speeds but maybe more seat time will change thatView attachment 155107

With a yellow Ferrari, get ready for a lot of attention. I don't typically drink in my cars other than a bottle of water so the functionality of the cupholders has never really been much of a concern. What other issues are you having?

Back