• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

ok fastaussie I impulsed bought a 2011 giallo 458 with < 13k miles yesterday and Aits for my wife (or so I told her). My 2017 NSX is still better in every way to me except for looks and will continue to be my daily choice. The 458 stupid turn signals are horrendous and I cant even see if they are on or off unless I look under the steering wheel. I was having a hard time trying to use the radio but that will be solved with more seat time, hvac controls not great, wife loves it so thats a plus. Crappy cupholder and many other issues. Almost bought a 12c spyder last week for much less $ but fellow prime member buddy stephen tu bought it instead of me so ok whatever. Stephen will let you know the nsx is also better than either 12c spyder or 458 as he's driven the car alot but it isnt flashy enough for him. Also the car doesnt feel as stable to me when cornering even at medium speeds but maybe more seat time will change thatView attachment 155107

Also, really digging that red Celica GTS convertible in the driveway. I'm not sure if that's yours but looks cool.

With a yellow Ferrari, get ready for a lot of attention. I don't typically drink in my cars other than a bottle of water so the functionality of the cupholders has never really been much of a concern. What other issues are you having?

I'll have to drive it more to find the quirks but was really just saying it wasn't a better car than the new nsx. I've just had the 458 for 2 days. Doubtful the yellow 458 will get more attention than my orange gallardo spyder did but I prefer less attention

Also, really digging that red Celica GTS convertible in the driveway. I'm not sure if that's yours but looks cool.

yup thats mine as well as the saleen. I really like my 80s cars but the wife cant stand them. I get thumbs up all the time in the celica

^Nice!

Same here. I was partial to the Mitsubishi Starion variant and came this close to buying one back in the 80's but decided on a Prelude instead. Just couldn't escape that Honda love even back then.

Man love the starion esi/conquest tsi especially in cannonball run 2. My buddy had one new back in the 80s so I remember riding in it, the gauges, steering wheel, etc

I love 80's cars too. My favorite 80's car that my wife couldn't stand was my 1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI

View attachment 155111

And the buttons...everywhere!

starion_dash.jpg

Ye automotive gods, that driveway.....a Saleen Mustang, too? *faints*.

I don't typically drink in my cars other than a bottle of water so the functionality of the cupholders has never really been much of a concern. What other issues are you having?

If the NSX is aimed at people who need a cupholder in their "supercar" I made the right decision going a different direction. Hard to even notice a black NSX being in that picture with that nice yellow Ferrari parked there.

If the NSX is aimed at people who need a cupholder in their "supercar" I made the right decision going a different direction. Hard to even notice a black NSX being in that picture with that nice yellow Ferrari parked there.

reallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:rolleyes:

I was just comparing them, they both have cupholders its just 1 works better than the other for me. My Gallardo spyder and boxster spyder didnt have a cupholder and I was ok with that but if you incorporate one make it useable. Since so many claim the side clip on nsx one is terrible. I prefer my bikes to any car anyway. 2 wheels > any supercar. I just use the cars as cars and am just as happy driving my celica or saleen. The cars don't look much different while I'm driving them but people's reactions differ and of course useability and feel matter as well. When I drive the expensive cars I feel like an older guy with means. When I want to feel like I'm 16 years old again the 80s cars fit the bill. I can complain about those cars as well but already know what to expect from them already and like them for what they are

Your 458 has a cupholder??? That must be something aftermarket. I've never seen a cupholder in a 458 (or any other Ferrari).

This thread.... Like a high powered nail gun to a coffin for Acura’s halo car. I wished for different outcomes. But here we are comparing a 2018 to a 10 year old spec Ferrari all motor car. The mark was apparently missed by galaxies. Nobody is talking about the car anymore, we are talking about old Ferrari’s on an Nsx forum. Kinda sad for the brand. Times sure change. It is a rare car for sure, I will give Acura that. Rare as in, nobody wants them.:frown:
But honestly, can you blame people? You can buy other brands and drive into a dealer for upgrades. Maybe Acura needs to bring back a Comptech or mugen type upgrade for the new car? It’s just sickening to sit back and watch.

Its not that bad...its a fine car for someone looking to be different in the 2 seat midengine sports car world...it provides a level of owner comfort being an acura . It is easy to live with as long as you realize how far the side view mirrors stick out...the ability to go 5 miles all electric is cool. Not everyone shopping for such cars wants the bravado of the competition...the audi r8 also ticks some of those same boxes..but imo it is not as striking looking.

maybe...but put another way if the gtr was built like the nsx it would not be 100k...:wink: but the nissan formula is selling more cars per month....

Its not that bad...its a fine car for someone looking to be different in the 2 seat midengine sports car world...it provides a level of owner comfort being an acura . It is easy to live with as long as you realize how far the side view mirrors stick out...the ability to go 5 miles all electric is cool. Not everyone shopping for such cars wants the bravado of the competition...the audi r8 also ticks some of those same boxes..but imo it is not as striking looking.
There’s lots to like to like about the car. The issue I think here is, it has no dominant personality in a supercar world. Yet, it tries to fetch the same price as such a dominant supercar brand/model. I won’t hinder this thread anymore. I m just tired of seeing this thread as the the only new topic posted here....

It’s a very sad time for Honda. But they did give us a turbo front wheel drive civic straight from the depths of fast and furious hell 20 years late in the form of the ugliest 4 door car I have ever feasted eyes on.

My last post here. Off to better things with my time.

you stopped at McD and JITB?

Yeah but thats after the gym to pick up food for everyone else except me. The 2017 nsx scrapes going to JITB so I just walk across the street and mcd's is already in the same parking lot. Rather not feel like a dumbass pulling into JITB using my BOGO coupons

Back