• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with MMR reports? May I ask what is that?

Tom239 answered it. Thank you.

On 7/19 a 2017 NSX with 4271mi went for $110k. Six months ago they were averaging $133k. It's only a matter of time when they go below $100k.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree

Ford made a joke out of GM with the GT and GM is striking back like all corporate competitors do

Just in a surprising way. Vette was always "obtainable" and now they are dialing up the product

Just imagine the GM ads when the six figure version of the C8 croaks the GT in every performance measure

How did Ford make a joke out of GM with the 3rd gen Ford GT?, are you referring to racing?

Corvette was going to go MR it was a matter of time, even when the C7 was launched in 2012 there were already thinking about a version of the Corvette going MR.
The C7R's were getting their butts kicked left and right by everyone else on the field, even Porsche has been heading MR with the 991RSR, next season it will be a real MR car.

I can't think of a single dealer that had a Ford GT on display, given that the car was sold out and the limited production numbers. Would a prospective Mustang or Ford F150 or Ford SUV buyer really care about a Ford GT that he/she can't even see nor sit on?

This is the strangest argument that I have read about the forces behind the genesis of the C8 program.

Last edited:
Possible someone could post last month or so of NC1 Manheim prices? TIA.

Newb here trying to get an idea of price/value at auction before I purchase private or dealer.

Possible someone could post last month or so of NC1 Manheim prices? TIA.

Newb here trying to get an idea of price/value at auction before I purchase private or dealer.

Also interested in this. Despite C8, I’m still willing to go NC1 for the right deal. Every time I think I’ve gotten it out of my system...

To me it was like Ford said here is the GT, it showcases what we can do when we really try. The car won at Le Mans, gets global respect, becomes part of some of the finest private collections around the world, Shmee is currently doing a mind bending US tour after having his shipped here.

Then look at GM, yup, the C7 is extremely fast and a great value, but that is it. You don't see Mr. Pagani driving a Vette.

So now we will get to see GM strike back at Ford. OK, you took the high end, we are going to create a new lower end for the super car/exotic space and extend our offering upward. And there will be C8s in every town in the US and in a ton of countries and most folks will never see a Gen 2 Ford GT on the roads. We'll take that win.

How did Ford make a joke out of GM with the 3rd gen Ford GT?, are you referring to racing?

Corvette was going to go MR it was a matter of time, even when the C7 was launched in 2012 there were already thinking about a version of the Corvette going MR.
The C7R's were getting their butts kicked left and right by everyone else on the field, even Porsche has been heading MR with the 991RSR, next season it will be a real MR car.

I can't think of a single dealer that had a Ford GT on display, given that the car was sold out and the limited production numbers. Would a prospective Mustang or Ford F150 or Ford SUV buyer really care about a Ford GT that he/she can't even see nor sit on?

This is the strangest argument that I have read about the forces behind the genesis of the C8 program.

Also interested in this. Despite C8, I’m still willing to go NC1 for the right deal. Every time I think I’ve gotten it out of my system...

Ha! You sound like me! One part of me says 'Wait for the C8!!' Another part feels like an NSX at the 'right price' is still interesting. I feel like $100K is about my target, but 1) I'm not sure they're actually gonna make it down that low, and 2) even if they do drop all the way to $100K I think I'd still think the C8 is worth waiting for, just to see what it's like in person, if nothing else. Acura seems to have a big problem with the NSX.

To me it was like Ford said here is the GT, it showcases what we can do when we really try. The car won at Le Mans, gets global respect, becomes part of some of the finest private collections around the world, Shmee is currently doing a mind bending US tour after having his shipped here.

Then look at GM, yup, the C7 is extremely fast and a great value, but that is it. You don't see Mr. Pagani driving a Vette.

So now we will get to see GM strike back at Ford. OK, you took the high end, we are going to create a new lower end for the super car/exotic space and extend our offering upward. And there will be C8s in every town in the US and in a ton of countries and most folks will never see a Gen 2 Ford GT on the roads. We'll take that win.

I understand about the Ford GT winning at Le Mans, but you are conveniently ignoring the fact that the C5R/C6R were both very successful on their own, same goes for the various Viper's that dominated LeMans. GM just wants to get back up there again with a platform that is competitive. (Same goes with Ford with their original GT in the 1960's)

GM cares about brining people into the dealerships, I'm guessing that a typical Ford SUV buyer has not even heard or has a clue about a Ford GT. In contrast a Chevy buyer will probably know or has heard of a Corvette.

out of pure curiosity... what is the NC1 factory like when they're only building ~10/month? Are they at least using all that extra capacity for something else?

Is the 10 cars the USA sales number or the total production for all global markets?
i know that orders for 2019 cars in some markets closed some months ago.

Last edited:
They are going to go nuts for this car down under...

MC

Australia's allocation was snapped up within a couple of days of the announcement no confirmed price yet but rumors suggest the C8 will be around $150-200k

Current NSX $420-440k

Is the 10 cars the USA sales number or the total production for all global markets?
i know that orders for 2019 cars in some markets closed some months ago.

That was for the USofA. I doubt they sold more than five total for the other markets.

I’m actually liking the low production numbers. The car is rare and I love not seeing them everywhere. I see the GT2 RS and GT3 RS Porsche’s everyday.
Hmmmm Low productions numbers good, Low production numbers bad? Which is it?

Hmmmm Low productions numbers good, Low production numbers bad? Which is it?

What was the date I posted that?

Planned low production numbers are not the same as failure to sell cars. The low production numbers we are seeing now are because the car is a failure. Acura is not like Porsche where they can sell a few hundred 918's as planned. Or even Ferrari where they can make a few LaFerrari's and and call it a success.

You are trying to justify your current ownership of a car that has failed. That's fine with me, just don't try to convince me that the NSX is a success.

-Cheers.

And you're trying to justify that every NSX is a POS because you had the misfortune of owning a POS...... The majority of owners are having a good experience. And I'm not justifying anything. But what business is it of yours what I think about my car? Do I have to have your permission to enjoy my "failure"? What do you suggest I do with my car? Should I burn it to get the insurance money? That would show Acura....... If I don't condemn Acura and join your vengeance campaign you feel the need to ostracize owners like me who are having a good experience with the car? You are certainly justified in your emotions for the bad situation that came to you, but it seems to me that you've allowed your anger, rage and hatred for Acura to spill over to other owners/members on this forum. None of us deserve that...... It's not our faults you had a terrible situation. That said, and as tired as I am of being berated for simply owning a car, I do hope you get a just settlement and live happily ever after..... nuff said. I will bow out now. I don't have time to continue this petty conversation. Best of luck.

We finally can agree on something. This rhetoric isn't going to solve anything. My car is a POS and your car is the greatest. Two polar opposites. I get it, I was in your camp in the beginning.

Hopefully your car will give you a lifetime of enjoyment. I was a loyal Acura customer for 20 years. No more. Once you get burned touching a hot stove you never do it again. C'est la vie.

Yes, rhetoric won't solve anything, thus the reason it's time to bow out and move on. But, I want to clarify that I never said the car was the greatest, I said that I have had a "good" experience.

It's said to hear that a loyal 20 year customer's relationship ended this way, and through all the quibbles and bullshit, we all were hoping that you got justice..... And it has made me think about supercar ownership in a different light. Is it worth the trouble and cost? Don't know.... Life is short, and only time will tell..... As you said, C'est la vie......

you should see DocL's thread over on prostitute prime ....no happy ending for him....:tongue:

you should see DocL's thread over on prostitute prime ....no happy ending for him....:tongue:

You’re a strange person on that site. What’s with the request for a Blumpkin that no one responds too? Same with the Dirty Sanchez request. I guess sitting in a room all day playing pong with no human interaction does that to you.

Pong and the sanchez...we are dating ourselves....but that is another website....:wink:

Here is the second YouTube video from the guy doing a rebuild of a crashed car

It looks like he had no problem getting the parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVDQn0eLU0Q

No current color is being axed to make room for the yellow.
He had not heard about the Ferrari SF90, so I had a nice chance to outline how Ferrari took the NSX drivetrain playbook and added a lot of steroids.
He has seen the YouTuber who purchased a wrecked NSX. Apparently, Acura will not sell frame pieces as they want cars damaged in that way back to PMC for repairs. they usually have one car at PMC being rebuilt and noted that it takes a lot of time.
Still expecting an NSX in an upcoming FNF movie.
No nav changes, no nose lift or electric folding mirrors coming.
No Type R.
They were happy with recent racing outcomes, F1 win, Weathertech race win, good showing at Pike's Peak. He also mentioned that they are in their first year of the Blancpain GT series.
No solid info on other new models. A coupe is expected.
They are interested in seeing how the PMC TLX sells. The first one is going to Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City because they are the number 1 NSX sales dealership (who Knew). Oakland Acura is number 2 in NSX sales (that makes sense as there is so much dough in the Bay Area).

Back