• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where can I buy a Front Bumper?

I have a couple of big front bumper cracks that have progressed to the point where the body shop says they could not fix it. I am Looking to buy a front bumper for an 02+ NSX, however, I have only found a couple on SOS's website and am not sure if there is better place to find a Front Bumper. I also tried Daliracing.com and vividracing.com. All replies are appreciated. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks

all the 2002+ conversion states that its great quality for an aftermarket fibreglass front bumper but almost everyone says its better to go for oem for immediate perfect fitment and of course urethane construction.

if your care is a genuine 2002+ i would NOT go fibreglass replica bumper; im sure many on prime would agree.

Any thoughts on the Downforce bumper on the SOS website?

Yeah, I already have a fiberglass aftermarket bumper on my 02+ conversion, so there is no issue there, I just wondered if anyone thought this to be a quality finished product or a rougher rendition. A lot of the stuff I have been finding from the bodykits websites looks like it may be of questionable quality.

Can u post a picture of your front end?! This way we can see exactly which front end you have already

There is no question that oem is much better fitment and much much more durable via everyday wear and tear

I have never bought a FG product that did not need some finish blocking and fitment to be perfect. But thats just the way it is with aftermarket. If you have time or a good bodyman, a FG product is no problem.

There is an 02 bumper on eBay 1500$ + shipping 150$

Minor fix for your body guy

Don't buy from that jackass. You can buy the upper and lower for $1500 from any discount dealer- don't you guys shop around before you buy? That shop wanted $1000 for just the upper when it can be bought for <$800 new. He told me to stop wasting his time when I showed him the oem prices. He is looking for a sucker.

i stand corrected! i figured it was a good deal cuz it was used on ebay.

i obviously didnt care to research it since i dont own the car.

if the upper+lower bumpers oem is 1500$ why would anyone buy the aftermarket ones? unless i am mistaken is the difference not a few hundred dollars?

Don't buy from that jackass. You can buy the upper and lower for $1500 from any discount dealer- don't you guys shop around before you buy? That shop wanted $1000 for just the upper when it can be bought for <$800 new. He told me to stop wasting his time when I showed him the oem prices. He is looking for a sucker.

Significant cost savings at $1000 for the DF. Half of OEM list price actually which is about $2k with no 25% discount. $500 here and there adds up to significant savings if you are doing the conversion as you can save thousands on something that would otherwise cost like $10k. And the oem prices are only climbing with demand as parts become more rare and discontinued!

I am on the fence about which bumper to get also. The rest of my car will be all DF conversion so I am thinking to stay with the theme. If I had all oem parts I would probably spring for the oem bumper. The DF one eliminates the tow hook cover which is notorious for popping off so that's a plus. It's also one piece so that makes it easier to install but you can't replace just the bottom if you crack it. Repairs are probably easier on it than the oem. Plus my car is black so you can't tell the one piece from 2 piece very easily like you can on colored cars (especially light colors).

if you are buying new and can't wait to collect the parts as they come up on sale used i would get everything from DF except perhaps the front bumper; which i would go oem. that's just from my readings and findings amonsth others who have done what you wish to do; here on prime.

Significant cost savings at $1000 for the DF. Half of OEM list price actually which is about $2k with no 25% discount. $500 here and there adds up to significant savings if you are doing the conversion as you can save thousands on something that would otherwise cost like $10k. And the oem prices are only climbing with demand as parts become more rare and discontinued!

I am on the fence about which bumper to get also. The rest of my car will be all DF conversion so I am thinking to stay with the theme. If I had all oem parts I would probably spring for the oem bumper. The DF one eliminates the tow hook cover which is notorious for popping off so that's a plus. It's also one piece so that makes it easier to install but you can't replace just the bottom if you crack it. Repairs are probably easier on it than the oem. Plus my car is black so you can't tell the one piece from 2 piece very easily like you can on colored cars (especially light colors).

Well I would love to buy a used oem one but they just don't pop up for sale very often. Been waiting for years and only come across a couple which sell within a day every time the price is even decent. I don't necessarily mind the price as much as the consistency of parts when putting the car together though.

I somehow managed to be the first person to view the ad and bought it! Good looking out though bro- thanks for the heads up.

Well I was buying the bumper so I thought I might as well get both since it looked great on his car. Hopefully it and my df wide fenders will set the car apart a little bit though only with subtlety. Really it was just blind luck I happened to check it at the right time. I saw the view count was only 1 and I was thinking "score! finally!" MYW I thought you didn't have an NSX yet!? Modding bug has bit you early!

Last edited:
Back