• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to buy Axles?

I installed the axle from O'Reilly and it's a quality part. I couldn't source the passenger side axle anywhere. If you find a source, other than the dealer, let us know.

I installed the axle from O'Reilly and it's a quality part. I couldn't source the passenger side axle anywhere. If you find a source, other than the dealer, let us know.

Will do.
I see rebuild kits, but I'm not sure how long it would take Acura at $100/hr to install it, and how long it would last after they're done. Might be smarter to just front the $700 and get a new one.

Unless they are already gone and clicking when you turn the best way to replace them is not to.
Tim Poliniak can get "HONDA / ACURA" boot, grease kits for dirt and free shipping and they will be as good as new if they aren't already bad.
The M/M has step by step and with the help from the folks at Prime it's a no brainer.

Cheers
nigel

Unless they are already gone and clicking when you turn the best way to replace them is not to.
Tim Poliniak can get "HONDA / ACURA" boot, grease kits for dirt and free shipping and they will be as good as new if they aren't already bad.
The M/M has step by step and with the help from the folks at Prime it's a no brainer.

Cheers
nigel

Thanks. So the replacement boots last okay?

Here's my question... I am looking to redo my axles in the near future and do not have an O'Reilly anywhere within 7 hours of me.

Is anyone willing to pick me up a driver side axle from there and ship it to me? I'd be willing to cover all fees including cost, shipping, and even whatever money for your time.

Thank you in advance!!

Outside of the dealer, where sells rebuilt/remanufactured axles?
I found a place selling the driver side. Is there any place that sells passenger side?

Here's driver side:
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d..._1000955_3934&keyword=axle&pt=01424&ppt=C0362

Anyone>???

Here's my question... I am looking to redo my axles in the near future and do not have an O'Reilly anywhere within 7 hours of me.

Is anyone willing to pick me up a driver side axle from there and ship it to me? I'd be willing to cover all fees including cost, shipping, and even whatever money for your time.

Thank you in advance!!

I called a couple local O'Reillys, and neither had them in stock (part # HO8166). Said they were special order.

One said that I would have to pay shipping & handling (so I am thinking at this point whether it could then be shipped directly to Chris). When he tried to check further, he was unable to (???). His manager then suggested that I try a local shop to have it rebuilt.

Second one said that it appears to come straight from the factory. He won't know until Monday (tomorrow) regarding the details - will give me a call. I will post once I hear back.

-Mike

I called a couple local O'Reillys, and neither had them in stock (part # HO8166). Said they were special order.

One said that I would have to pay shipping & handling (so I am thinking at this point whether it could then be shipped directly to Chris). When he tried to check further, he was unable to (???). His manager then suggested that I try a local shop to have it rebuilt.

Second one said that it appears to come straight from the factory. He won't know until Monday (tomorrow) regarding the details - will give me a call. I will post once I hear back.

-Mike

Ok thank you in advance for your time/effort!

Arista5 Mike is also checking through autozone to see if he can order me one.

I had tried a while back through Advance Auto parts and they said the same, but were then unable to source it.

Any updates on locating either axles guys?

Going to be giving Chris @ SOS a call this am. My passenger side axle boot is torn and it seems like it's causing a vibration. Time to replace... car is parked! :mad:

Any updates on locating either axles guys?

Going to be giving Chris @ SOS a call this am. My passenger side axle boot is torn and it seems like it's causing a vibration. Time to replace... car is parked! :mad:

Seems like you're having some time with this. I call around Oreilys & autozone here in GP/Arlington Texas & no has it either, some of them recommends find a local axle repair shop rebuild it, that'll be the route i'm taking.

Seems like you're having some time with this. I call around Oreilys & autozone here in GP/Arlington Texas & no has it either, some of them recommends find a local axle repair shop rebuild it, that'll be the route i'm taking.

Thanks!

I just called Chris @ SOS and was able to order the last Driver side one they had in stock. And ordered the Passenger side new through Acura ($800+ship) so will be tackling 2 new axles as soon as they come in. Figured I'll just do both new and do it right. I'm going to be keeping my car.

Thanks for all the help!

Chris,

Sorry I never followed up. I never got a call back from O'Reillys, and did not get the chance to call them.

Sounds like you are hooked up with SoS, and the dealer.

Here's to many more miles on your NSX!

-Mike

Back