• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get spare tires???

You can have your dealer's parts department order one for you, or have one shipped from a dealer that offers great discounts on parts, like this guy:

Click on his photo and you can look it up on his website, in the parts diagram/section called WHEEL DISK.

I don't know whether you can order spare tires from tire dealers like the Tire Rack or your local tire store, could always ask them to find out...

Last edited:
I have one for a Honda Pilot that someone can have.

Seems like most reduced-size spares that I've seen recently in used cars are used hardly or not at all. Cars don't hardly get flat tires any more, and small spares certainly aren't rotated for routine use as driving tires. Should be LOTS of great condition spares in junkyards.

Seems like most reduced-size spares that I've seen recently in used cars are used hardly or not at all. Cars don't hardly get flat tires any more, and small spares certainly aren't rotated for routine use as driving tires. Should be LOTS of great condition spares in junkyards.
Yes, but some of them may be really old. Tires do age, regardless of miles. It's not such a great idea to get a spare tire off a junkyard car that's more than ten years old, because the tire may have dry rot or be cracked or otherwise have problems. The Tire Rack has some writeups on this, and they say that the useful life of a tire, regardless of miles, is six to ten years:

Tire Aging – Part #1
Tire Aging – Part #2
Determining the Age of a Tire

Back