• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get tires put on.

If you buy tires from Tirerack.com or discounttiresdirect.com where do you take your car to get the tires put on? Most places won't install tires that you didn't buy from them.

Do any of you know a good place in the Irvine/Huntington Beach CA area?

-matt

I know a bunch of places in LA. Any decent tire shop should do this for you. If they won't, they don't deserve your business anyway. I pay $40 to get a set of tires put on at a simple Brake and Tire shop in LA.
If you call Larry at NSX Modified (714-842-9135) in Huntington Beach, he has a shop he deals with for that stuff. He can get you the info. He's right next door to you.

If you buy from Tire Rack, they have 1600 installers across the country who install their tires. You can locate one on their website, which has a locator by zip code; click here. You can even order the tires off the website and have them shipped directly to your local installer.

I'm not sure what Discount Tires Direct does, but you might want to ask when you call them for prices; if you do, be sure to let us know what they say.

Word of advice re: Tire Rack's list of installers...

Call the shop first with the dimensions of the tires/wheels you are planning to use and make sure they can/will mount those sizes.

Not all of the shops on Tire Racks list will mount the bigger aftermarket tire sizes commonly used on NSXs.

Most of the listings on the Tire Rack website actually do show what sizes of tires each installer is able to mount. Just click on the installer name and you may see a note at the top of the listing detail that says "Notes: Cannot Install 18 Or Larger Rim Diameters". Not that that is totally accurate - it's still a good idea to call ahead before ordering - but at least that can help you rule some of them out, if need be.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 July 2001).]

Back