• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's that thread about the DIY ducted hood?

Okay, it wasn't a DIY in the sense that anyone could do it, but someone took a stock aluminum hood, cut a hole in it and then built the duct from aluminum. The end result looked quite good. There was a thread with pics but I can't find it. Anyone got a link?

Thanks!

Skippy, I remeber the thread but cant find it since the search button hasnt worked for 2 years.

try google it and use this search string " DIY ducted hood nsxprime " with the nsxprime word it normally find what your looking for.

Don't have a link but here's a photo of a local car (StL area) that came from Chicago. Really nice work and I like it better than any of the aftermarket versions.SlvrNSXchris2.jpg

I've wanted one for years. My mechanic here in Sarasota is also quite the talented aluminum fabricator. Shawn, have you got a donor hood for me? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Don't have a link but here's a photo of a local car (StL area) that came from Chicago. Really nice work and I like it better than any of the aftermarket versions.View attachment 115018

That does look good. Not sure I like it better than the more common duct, but it's not bad at all.

Dali and I think RM used to do this kind of fabrication on an exchange basis....you just need to call upon all your search skills to tease out some old posts....best of luck.

Matt Lee {matt_337} had his converted. I believe the guy was in Dallas if I remember correctly but far as I know isn't in the business anymore. Nothing better than an OEM conversion for that perfect fit.

Back