• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

That's strange. They offered that one to me yesterday at $139. I have a feeling there was a miscommunication from the GM and they were only supposed to take $30k off the highly optioned ones.

I pulled the the trigger on a blue one in Texas. There are deals out there. South Coast in CA and Fayetteville in AR were both ready to move theirs too.

Anyone aware of a new offer from Acura on the NSX? i was trying to buy a fully loaded Valencia Red one in FL for 170k. My most recent communication with the sales manager at that dealership was that if the car could be bought for my price, he'd buy it himself. I didn't respond to that email. That was last Saturday. Then, yesterday, i received an email from the same sales manager asking if i'd bought a car because he thought he could get to my price because Acura was announcing some special pricing. i find this all amusing as i don't know how many dealers have told me Acura would never damage their brand by reducing prices to my level.

Looks like some type of incentive for the dealer if any or all of the transaction is financed through Acura credit for a minimum of 2 years. I'm told you also have to finance a minimum of $30000. I'm not sure what type of incentive it is as the proforma invoice I received for the car I'm interested in purchasing shows tax figured on the $30000 as well as the balance of the cost of the car. Can anyone confirm that one has to finance a minimum of 30k and tell me why tax is calculated on the 30k as well?

$44,800 off of MSRP.
It's not listed under new cars on the dealer's web site, it's listed as a used car (but with only 10 miles).

There are guidelines, per ACURA to limit discounts on advertising new cars. Both NSX's are BRAND NEW, never titled.

Ideally I'd pick one up for $XX,XXX in a couple years. Hopefully low-mileage because the original owner wasn't impressed with the underwhelming performance and opted to drive her GT3 more often. lol.

Would love to find a blue one for 40k off. Who knows by end of year they could be 40k off, but the true price will be when you sell it. What will it be worth 3 years from now?

Say MSRP 175k less 35k off. So you pay $140k for it. Is it worth 100k in 3 years? Or is it worth 85k to 90k?

Would love to find a blue one for 40k off. Who knows by end of year they could be 40k off, but the true price will be when you sell it. What will it be worth 3 years from now?

Say MSRP 175k less 35k off. So you pay $140k for it. Is it worth 100k in 3 years? Or is it worth 85k to 90k?
That is hard to say. But sad to say it is possible and going to be harsh reality. Now I have experienced it, it is great car, but absolutely can not be compared to even a used 458 or even a used LP550/560. More emotional, bigger name, more wow factor to general public. Anyone who paid closed to near MSRP is stupid or just too successful to care, me and my business partner are stupid in both of our purchase, but because we can and we did it vs people who don't have ability to do so like they don't care. Therefore, no big deal. We move on to greater things. At least we experienced it. Honda/Acura had big dreams and they are not expecting to profit from selling NSX to begin with, so they did just fine. I still respect the company no less other than they need help on marketing and research area. If I were in charge, I make sure it is at least set the new bench mark like GTR did in 2009. Had it came out in 2011 it would had been the benchmark. But 6 years too late.

NSX is still the best "Japanese sports car" and better than anything on the market besides Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren at sub $120k range new or used. Those who genuinely interested in NSX should be glad that market correction has put it at price where it should had been to begin with.

Last edited:
That is hard to say. But sad to say it is possible and going to be harsh reality. Now I have experienced it, it is great car, but absolutely can not be compared to even a used 458 or even a used LP550/560. More emotional, bigger name, more wow factor to general public. Anyone who paid closed to near MSRP is stupid or just too successful to care, me and my business partner are stupid in both of our purchase, but because we can and we did it vs people who don't have ability to do so like they don't care. Therefore, no big deal. We move on to greater things. At least we experienced it. Honda/Acura had big dreams and they are not expecting to profit from selling NSX to begin with, so they did just fine. I still respect the company no less other than they need help on marketing and research area. If I were in charge, I make sure it is at least set the new bench mark like GTR did in 2009. Had it came out in 2011 it would had been the benchmark. But 6 years too late.

NSX is still the best "Japanese sports car" and better than anything on the market besides Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren at sub $120k range new or used. Those who genuinely interested in NSX should be glad that market correction has put it at price where it should had been to begin with.

Not sure people who paid big $$ were stupid or too successful to care......maybe trusted Acura/Honda too much.

timing is everything in life.....the market is repricing....just like stocks....the bottom will be hard to time....I applaud Mike for being proactive and aggressive...other dealers may be cringing.....

Back