• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where's the bottom

That is hard to say. But sad to say it is possible and going to be harsh reality. Now I have experienced it, it is great car, but absolutely can not be compared to even a used 458 or even a used LP550/560. More emotional, bigger name, more wow factor to general public. Anyone who paid closed to near MSRP is stupid or just too successful to care, me and my business partner are stupid in both of our purchase, but because we can and we did it vs people who don't have ability to do so like they don't care. Therefore, no big deal. We move on to greater things. At least we experienced it. Honda/Acura had big dreams and they are not expecting to profit from selling NSX to begin with, so they did just fine. I still respect the company no less other than they need help on marketing and research area. If I were in charge, I make sure it is at least set the new bench mark like GTR did in 2009. Had it came out in 2011 it would had been the benchmark. But 6 years too late.

NSX is still the best "Japanese sports car" and better than anything on the market besides Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren at sub $120k range new or used. Those who genuinely interested in NSX should be glad that market correction has put it at price where it should had been to begin with.

If you could pick up an nsx for $135k new and a used 570 for 170k. What would u take. I love the 570, but you save a lot of the money with nsx. Is the difference that huge?

depends? do you prefer a good sports car that's fun to drive and easy to live with? or an exhilarating Supercar which is slightly more moody for the mundane day-to-day stuff?

If you could pick up an nsx for $135k new and a used 570 for 170k. What would u take. I love the 570, but you save a lot of the money with nsx. Is the difference that huge?
I would go for 570S, much much faster. Approximately 4~5 seconds quicker 0 to 150mph, more sound, ulttra light, go kart feel. Gen 2 NSX is great car, Lexus level of comfort, it too have go kart feel and it really doesn't feel like 3800lb car. But for these type of car, whichever raise your heart rate is more important than comfort. Unfortunately I paid over $200k for the NSX, not the smartest purchase I have done. But it is ok, lesson learned and still enjoyed it. I told myself to never worry about depreciation as time is more valuable since time is one thing money can't buy. However, NSX literally took what seems like 3 years worth of depreciation in just 5 month.

Now I just picked up Ferrari 488GTB, it absolutely out classed the 570S in terms of sound and zero turbo lag. I think I will unload 570S for Huracan Performante or 720S.

Last edited:
Great input, but money is a factor in my choice. At the big nsx discount $40k is a lot of coin for me. They say 0 - 60 in nsx is 3 sec or a little under, around the same as 570. I agree 570 felt faster but I was not in track mode in nsx.

To be honest don't do many 0 to 150 runs. Curious what gets more attention from people nsx or 570?

Great input, but money is a factor in my choice. At the big nsx discount $40k is a lot of coin for me. They say 0 - 60 in nsx is 3 sec or a little under, around the same as 570. I agree 570 felt faster but I was not in track mode in nsx.

To be honest don't do many 0 to 150 runs. Curious what gets more attention from people nsx or 570?
For the most part, I try to stay out of these discussions, but your last question, has forced my hand. Why would you give a "shi-", what anybody else cares, but you. Are you getting the car to get attention, or to give you satisfaction. I could buy any car out there, but time and space are my major constraints, I still can only drive one car at a time. I have the two cars that give me the most satisfaction of ownership, and neither one of them is a Ferrari, McLaren, etc. One of them is a Ford, the other a Honda. If your "satisfaction" with car ownership, is dependent on what others think, I feel sorry for you.
Rant over---------

That is hard to say. But sad to say it is possible and going to be harsh reality. Now I have experienced it, it is great car, but absolutely can not be compared to even a used 458 or even a used LP550/560. More emotional, bigger name, more wow factor to general public. Anyone who paid closed to near MSRP is stupid or just too successful to care, me and my business partner are stupid in both of our purchase, but because we can and we did it vs people who don't have ability to do so like they don't care. Therefore, no big deal. We move on to greater things. At least we experienced it. Honda/Acura had big dreams and they are not expecting to profit from selling NSX to begin with, so they did just fine. I still respect the company no less other than they need help on marketing and research area. If I were in charge, I make sure it is at least set the new bench mark like GTR did in 2009. Had it came out in 2011 it would had been the benchmark. But 6 years too late.

NSX is still the best "Japanese sports car" and better than anything on the market besides Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren at sub $120k range new or used. Those who genuinely interested in NSX should be glad that market correction has put it at price where it should had been to begin with.
I hope Acura listens to owners like yourself. Agree with your pricing & performance comparisons 100%.

On a different note, this makes me sad for my friends in American Honda. It's my understanding that the Civic Type R was mostly a Japan design (please correct me if i'm wrong). Since I agree with nsxsupra that Acura missed on at least 2 major marks, Pricing & Performance, makes me wonder what will happen to our engineers stateside. They are good people and true enthusiasts stuck in crappy corporate culture... Perhaps i'm overthinking it.

I was recently asked to participate in a youtube video to discuss the old NSX. When asked about my thoughts on the new NSX, admittedly, I had to dance around that a bit.

the 570S is just faster, more visceral, more fun, everywhere all the time. doesn't matter what mode you're in with the NSX, the McLaren is the more aggressive and exhilarating car. i always thought that was the whole point of a Supercar...

Now I just picked up Ferrari 488GTB, it absolutely out classed the 570S in terms of sound and zero turbo lag. I think I will unload 570S for Huracan Performante or 720S.

you know, i've driven the 488 a good few times now, including the last two days, and i have to say i still prefer the 458. never thought i'd say that, but i do believe it's the funner car. definitely not faster, but absolutely more fun. and i'm not the only one i've come across with the same opinion.

now the Performante, that is a machine i am very excited about... :love_heart:

As for attention, NSX get a lot of attentions from enthusiasts and often people will ask what is it? It is an Acura? etc. Overall amount of attention is very similar. NSX shines at car meets where there are usually more enthusiast and due to how rare it is.

0 to 60mph is old performance mesaure. Many cars does 0~60mph in 3sec or under now. If you only care about 0~60mph, NSX will not disappoint, even without launch control it is quick at the initial take off.

Without using launch control the 570S has some serious turbo lag off the line. With launch control it has done as low as 2.7sec in road tests.

The new performance mesaure that should weight more is 0~100mph, 0~124mph, 0~150mph.

I was recently asked to participate in a youtube video to discuss the old NSX. When asked about my thoughts on the new NSX, admittedly, I had to dance around that a bit.

Why did you dance around the shortcomings of the Gen 2, would it have not been better to give an honest opinion? I am not looking for an argument just curious why you "danced"? FWIW I love the car and just waiting for the "bottom"

Last edited:
For the most part, I try to stay out of these discussions, but your last question, has forced my hand. Why would you give a "shi-", what anybody else cares, but you. Are you getting the car to get attention, or to give you satisfaction. I could buy any car out there, but time and space are my major constraints, I still can only drive one car at a time. I have the two cars that give me the most satisfaction of ownership, and neither one of them is a Ferrari, McLaren, etc. One of them is a Ford, the other a Honda. If your "satisfaction" with car ownership, is dependent on what others think, I feel sorry for you.
Rant over---------

Get over yourself. I was just curious about how much attn. I have owned cars that got attention and cars that didn't. Does not really matter to me I was just curious!!!!

i am just concerned how it drives and feels, and of course has to look good.

Get over yourself. I was just curious about how much attn. I have owned cars that got attention and cars that didn't. Does not really matter to me I was just curious!!!!

i am just concerned how it drives and feels, and of course has to look good.
I'm over myself, you on the other hand................who does the car have to look good to, you or the people you want to impress?

So just because I asked if the car draws attention you automatically start judging me. You don't know me or anything. So stop judging people and drawing conclusions from a question. The guy answered my question and that's it. Stay out of other people's business.

Im just a guy who loves cars and asked a simple question. Let's consider this closed and move on.

So is the new NSX going to get dumped for a replacement soon NSXSupra?
It already been unloaded. But I am not as fortunate as my business partner. He unloaded 1 month before me and didn't lose much since his only had CCB. Mine was fully optioned. I certainly took a big bath, even Acura dealers didn't want to take the risk.

I still like NSX a lot and appreciate the experience, but at this point of my life and career. I am more longing for speed, look, emotion, and cars that raise my heart beat vs a great all around comfortable supercar. Maybe I be back again if they release even better looking, faster, lighter version. The competition is indeed fierce though. Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche really got some awesome products. This is a very different play field vs 90s, competitors have greatly evolved. Ferrari even offer free 7 year maintenance. Acura didn't do that and it is another advantage gone.

Acura, the one-off car company it seems... :rolleyes: Well if the car does depreciate like a rock, then it seems that I and some other owners will have 570 hp for quite the value at some point in the future. It's win-win either way for consumers as long there are plenty of options as stated.

The Valencia red at Bridgewater Acura sold last night. It was a great deal. Hopefully we will see more like that. If they had priced it between 130k and 150k, I think they would sell much better.

As it gets closer to end of year I think more deals to be had.

Why did you dance around the shortcomings of the Gen 2, would it have not been better to give an honest opinion? I am not looking for an argument just curious why you "danced"? FWIW I love the car and just waiting for the "bottom"

Because I like the car and because for me to answer properly it would require an in-depth discussion which was not the topic of the video. At $125k it's becoming a much more compelling proposition.

I'll post the video here if it's released for context. I provided my brief opinion so perhaps "dancing" might be too aggressive of a term. Meh.. we'll see

It already been unloaded. But I am not as fortunate as my business partner. He unloaded 1 month before me and didn't lose much since his only had CCB. Mine was fully optioned. I certainly took a big bath, even Acura dealers didn't want to take the risk.

both of you unloaded them quickly, wow...

I still like NSX a lot and appreciate the experience, but at this point of my life and career. I am more longing for speed, look, emotion, and cars that raise my heart beat vs a great all around comfortable supercar. Maybe I be back again if they release even better looking, faster, lighter version. The competition is indeed fierce though. Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche really got some awesome products. This is a very different play field vs 90s, competitors have greatly evolved. Ferrari even offer free 7 year maintenance. Acura didn't do that and it is another advantage gone.

i concur 100%. the NSX is a great car, the others are just better...

Really nice to see Honda is getting serious about selling some cars.

Hopefully with the lower prices and increased sales, I'll actually get to see one on the street sometime. Last NSXs I saw in the flesh were in Monterey in 2015 which feels like ages ago.

The $120s feels about right for this car, a little more than a decently optioned Carrera S, and a ~$20-30k premium on what a new GTR sells for with its discounts. Very nice savings compared to a 911 Turbo or an R8. At original sticker there's just too much competition, even for a stripper car.

Really nice to see Honda is getting serious about selling some cars.

Hopefully with the lower prices and increased sales, I'll actually get to see one on the street sometime. Last NSXs I saw in the flesh were in Monterey in 2015 which feels like ages ago.

The $120s feels about right for this car, a little more than a decently optioned Carrera S, and a ~$20-30k premium on what a new GTR sells for with its discounts. Very nice savings compared to a 911 Turbo or an R8. At original sticker there's just too much competition, even for a stripper car.

honestly I used to think like what you area saying but after driving mine for two days and even though i got the discounted price I disagree. The car was worth the price its amazing. The problem is badge snobs they want the name. 125k to 150k depending on options is about right but at that price you really are getting a 200k hypercar.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. This car is not worth 200k and the performance numbers prove it. I have driven it at unlimited speeds. It has been hammered on Prime to death so I have to divulge into that a tad. 120-130 is a perfect price as we here have been saying it all along. But I am stoked you got an awesome price and congratulate you on being an owner.

The problem is badge snobs they want the name. 125k to 150k depending on options is about right but at that price you really are getting a 200k hypercar.

I am happy for you, but I totally disagree about the "badge snobs" :confused: If I am paying $180-$ 200K, I will want exactly that, not a $150K car inflated to a $200K car irregardless of "Badge"

I have to disagree. This car is not worth 200k and the performance numbers prove it. I have driven it at unlimited speeds. It has been hammered on Prime to death so I have to divulge into that a tad. 120-130 is a perfect price as we here have been saying it all along. But I am stoked you got an awesome price and congratulate you on being an owner.

You are spot on as the market has been finding it's way for the last 6-8 months, it is and always will be a $120K-$150K car (sales and performance numbers and even Acura has acknowledged it with $30K incentives :eek:).....JM2C

I am happy for you, but I totally disagree about the "badge snobs" :confused: If I am paying $180-$ 200K, I will want exactly that, not a $150K car inflated to a $200K car irregardless of "Badge"

You are spot on as the market has been finding it's way for the last 6-8 months, it is and always will be a $120K-$150K car (sales and performance numbers and even Acura has acknowledged it with $30K incentives :eek:).....JM2C

I do agree the car was misplaced like i said 130k to 170k seems right.
if you look Audi is doing similar things with its R8 because they can't sell it and sometimes the same thing happens with deeply discounted 911 turbos that are leftover maybe not quite as extreme but i purchased my R8 with a very heavy discount over 20k off.

The only thing I will say is on the performance number side what is it really off by compared to the very best? .2 seconds in acceleration times maybe ..3 .5 seconds in extreme cases like with 1 million dollar hypercar. so with the 911 turbo for example NSX 2.9 to 3.1 seconds vs 2.5 to 2.6? your talking fractions of seconds here with the majority of these cars. In a few extreme cases ok its a bit more. I know some people will say zero to 60 times don't matter I agree its how the car makes you feel and coming from an R8 and Porsches this car is great.

How much does the closest tech equivalent cost? $1.2 million for a 918

The majority of comments on here are it doesn't have the badge or wow factor. Oh and the performance just abysmal lol. It smokes the 300k to 400k supercars I mean cmon guys this is one of the fastest cars on the road. But yeah definitely not worth the money the performance numbers prove it ( as it crushes a Pirelli edition aventador with 700hp)

https://youtu.be/EHiw63VLcCU

https://youtu.be/hUSb8cjECDE

https://youtu.be/o7A7FcE8Q5k

Last edited:
Back