• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Big Brake Kit?

Yeah I drove those on my brothers car, they were unbelievably bad tires in just about every way :( noisy, hard, low grip, harsh ride, etc. Thankfully he traded that car in before too long on them

Did you research the vendor? Did you read the iTrader Ratings on the vendor? Go do that - and you'll see why we're saying you should probably file your claim now.

Chances of receiving the product are 50%.

Oh I received everything in around 10 days, the fronts showed up in 6 days the rears where a few days behind. The guy e mailed me constantly updating me on my order and told me everything that was going on and why my rears were delayed. I probably got close to 5 or 6 a day until they showed up, I cant say i had a bad experience at all.

Last edited:
Oh I received everything in around 10 days, the fronts showed up in 6 days the rears where a few days behind. The guy e mailed me constantly updating me on my order and told me everything that was going on and why my rears were delayed. I probably got close to 5 or 6 a day until they showed up, I cant say i had a bad experience at all.

Yeah that's like putting a revolver to your head, rolling the barrel, and pulling the trigger. Then saying "I didn't have a bad experience at all". :biggrin:

yea it was cheap rubber to get the car from CA -> kansas, once these wear out ill look into quality brands.

I wouldn't be so concerned with brand, but more with stickiness of the tires. Go with an Extreme Performance category tire... having crappy tires with a BBK results just results in increased braking distances.

The Riken Raptor is an Ultra-High Performance All Season tire. This is definitely not the stickiest tire you can get.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so concerned with brand, but more with stickiness of the tires. Go with an Extreme Performance category tire... having crappy tires with a BBK results just results in increased braking distances.

The Riken Raptor is an Ultra-High Performance All Season tire. This is definitely not the stickiest tire you can get.
I think NT01's will be next, I LOVE that tire. And since I dont get to drive my car often I can justify the wear rating :rolleyes:

Cant wait to get her back on the ground.

bbk01.jpg

I think NT01's will be next, I LOVE that tire. And since I dont get to drive my car often I can justify the wear rating :rolleyes:

Not sure theyl make a size you want i got both NT01 and NT05s (NT05 currently on the car 235/275)

Cant wait to get her back on the ground.

bbk01.jpg

I know there's a sticker on them that says "right" and it appears this photo is the right front, but are you SURE the drilled/slots are facing the right way? My BBK and plenty of others always have it the reverse where it looks like the grooves are cut in the same direction the rotor would spin.

Not entirely sure you have that installed correctly..

I know there's a sticker on them that says "right" and it appears this photo is the right front, but are you SURE the drilled/slots are facing the right way? My BBK and plenty of others always have it the reverse where it looks like the grooves are cut in the same direction the rotor would spin.

Not entirely sure you have that installed correctly..

I said the same thing... but the only instructions that come with the kit show that this is in fact the correct rotation.... I dont know why they cut and drill them this way.

the direction or swirl of the holes or grooves in the rotor is variable between brands what matters most is how the vanes in the hub are directed,they should pinwheel out to disapate hub heat ...

I said the same thing... but the only instructions that come with the kit show that this is in fact the correct rotation.... I dont know why they cut and drill them this way.

Can you post another photo that shows the vein direction? A 45 degree angle looking at the brakes would help tremendously.

Can you post another photo that shows the vein direction? A 45 degree angle looking at the brakes would help tremendously.

I will take one tomorrow.... when I redo the install. Apparently on their website they say you need to grind the calipers and shims.... but in the box the only instructions are about the orientation of the slots and drilled holes. Youd think an important piece of info like that should also be in the box... i mean whos going to go back to the website and look that stuff up? They even have a pic on their site about it, why not just print it out and put in the box! So now I have to grind the caliper and repaint it and the rotors... talk about frustrating.

But they do look good behind the wheels. :)

bbk02.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, they're installed correctly. The veins are the correct direction. I just wanted to double check. :)

as pictured that rotor should turn clockwise.

I drove it around tonight and they sure do feel much better and seems to stop quicker. I did a few hard stops and the pedal firmness and overall feel is alot better than I remember.

as pictured that rotor should turn clockwise.

Yup, so in this photo they are backwards. Thats how my stoptechs are. They don't scoop air from the top with wheel rotation. It is an exit. The center scoops. Its weird, I thought it was backwards but the installer and instructions confirmed.

Yup, so in this photo they are backwards. Thats how my stoptechs are. They don't scoop air from the top with wheel rotation. It is an exit. The center scoops. Its weird, I thought it was backwards but the installer and instructions confirmed.

Ah but wouldn't air moving over the top of the vanes create a vacuum and draw the air out that way? Either way should work if that's the case.

Back