• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which car do you guys like better?

Originally posted by NetViper:
I totally love the diablo 6.0! The car is gorgeous. I wonder if it is faster than the murcielago.. I haven't seen a direct comparison. I would certainly give the 6.0 a lot of thought before I spent that much for the new lambo.

The Murciélago is faster..not by much. I thought it was MUCH more impressive looking in person...seems the rear end of the car is just hard photograph and look good. It really does look amazing.

My only other question is... How does the diablo handle tree limbs
smile.gif

Probably good...a lot of the chasis AND body panels are carbon fiber! The diablo is just sick.
smile.gif

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

[This message has been edited by true (edited 18 July 2002).]

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
I can't imagine any street car that you have to spend 22% of the purchase price in maintenance and upkeep every year

I bet you would for this one:

15b34960.jpg

biggrin.gif

I test drove one of the new '98 SV's when they first came out, and I must say that the car was the coolest looking thing on the road - hands down. The suspension was also incredible (adjustable BTW).

Unfortunately, it was also the biggest POS I'd ever driven. The doors felt cheap, the interior was cheap, and the CD player was crooked (the salesman tried to tell me it was 'part of the by-hand look'). The car didn't feel 'solid'.

I know there's a guy in FL who is suing Lamborghini with the lemon law relating to his Roadster. Don't know the outcome, but if you like quality, Lamborghini is not the car for you.

Sure, there's NOTHING on the road that looks cooler or more badass (ever been behind a new one on the freeway? heh), but you'll end up paying for it...
smile.gif

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

I can't see your picture
frown.gif

I don't know why. It works fine for me. Perhaps you can try clicking here to link to the URL where the picture is located.

Here is what it looks like without all the stickers:

07742d70.jpg

All I get is "Image hosted by tripod". I am on a Mac here at work. I will try my Dell PC when I get home.

It's not cause of your mac, i get the same thing. Tripod doesn't let you link images. If there is a referrer page they just pop up that image. Strange this is when i try to go the url direct it doesnt show me either... I think nsxtasy broke tripod.

Originally posted by JimK:
that's one of the best looking NSX's I've seen. Great wheels, great color and the window tint is just right.

I couldn't agree more....

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I can't imagine any street car that you have to spend 22% of the purchase price in maintenance and upkeep every year

I bet you would for this one...
biggrin.gif

C'mon Ken, you are usually alot sharper than this
wink.gif
I specifically said street car!
biggrin.gif

BTW - If a new Diablo is only $200,000 then the yearly maintenance quoted above would be closer to 45%
eek.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 18 July 2002).]

I specifically said street car!

Actually, I found that photo when I was looking for one of a stock Yugo. With a $4K purchase price new, it's not too hard to imagine $880 per year in maintenance...

I'd have to say the NSX is the better looking of the two cars. The Lambo looks like some kind of abortion, like the experimental abortions of Ripley in the movie "Aliens 4". Just something not right about it. Yeah, I know, I goes light speed and all, but speed is not everything, at least not in my book.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Stock as a rock - #0030

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Actually, I found that photo when I was looking for one of a stock Yugo. With a $4K purchase price new, it's not too hard to imagine $880 per year in maintenance...

Wait a minute - maintenance on a Yugo? I thought they were disposables ......?

Guy walks into an auto parts store and asks, "Can I get a rear view mirror for my Yugo?"

The clerk responds, "Sounds like a fair trade to me!"

Back