• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

which gasket for CT header install?

I have my CT headers coming from the NOPI deal.
I have been told that I need 2 new gaskets.
Which gaskets and does anyone have the part numbers so I can make sure the dealership has them in stock?
Tks in advance.

You just need new OEM manifold gaskets.
(2) 18115-PR7-A01 (FAQ -> Ref -> Part Numbers)
List Price is $15.78/ea (www.acuraparts247.com)
Goodson Can probably get them to you for 30% off of that.

Tks for the quick response.
They are on order. The dealership did not have them in stock.

You bet, its nice to see someone else DIYing it!

White94 said:
You bet, its nice to see someone else DIYing it!

White94 - unfortunately the only DIYing I do is interior and exterior detailing (but I am pretty good at it). I don't have the *@lls to tackle headers in my garage. I have a lot of respect for those that do.

Larry - are you saying that new (metal) gaskets might not be needed for the install? That existing gaskets should be fine? Pls let me know.

My bad! No hard feelings I hope. If you should change your mind, its really not that hard. PM me if you decide to tackle it and I'll give you my cell #. I still owe you for the pinnacle souveran recommendation! That stuff works GREAT over NXT.

ANYTIME said:
What he said ^ :D

Tks for the offer guys.
I wish I had the time and guts to do it.
I read all the write ups. Most give it two bloody thumbs up and about an 8 hour window.
I would probably get it up on jack stands and spend 8 hours detailing the under side before I got started :rolleyes:

Well, I can't help you with the time but Jackson is 225miles from Little Rock. If you do it on a weekend and get in a serious twist, I'll come over and help. Of course if I do and you feel the need to detail, I must warn you the underside of my X is pretty clean already!

working.gif

It took me 3 days to do my headers, but I did a lot of extra work along with it and learned as I went. With a little guidance, you can do it in a weekend easily.

Yes, you can get a way without replacing them. I have not seen a damaged one, while doing this job.

HTH,
LarryB

Back