• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Spring Do I Need On 19"/18"

i just put a set of 19"/18" volk challenge wheels on a stock nsx and i would like to get rid of the 4x4 look real fast. What's the best set to get ? I dont want to slam it i just want it to sit nicely on the wheels and not look like a kids car. The rear looks like it only needs an inch down but the front looks like it needs more . help

My friend just installed a set of Tein springs and was really pleased with the results. Lowered the car about an inch all around. I went with Tein RA coilovers, I like to have the adjustability.

actually i had my cousin over a Fine Tune Performance order a set of Teins but the drop on the front is suppose to b .7" and rear is 1". What i realy dont understand is why is the front only .7" i need alittle bit more than that. Coilovers are nice but i've never bought any of those because i cant b bothered with jacking up the car to adjust the height everytime.

hondakingDOM said:
actually i had my cousin over a Fine Tune Performance order a set of Teins but the drop on the front is suppose to b .7" and rear is 1". What i realy dont understand is why is the front only .7" i need alittle bit more than that. Coilovers are nice but i've never bought any of those because i cant b bothered with jacking up the car to adjust the height everytime.

Then get Dali Springs or Eibachs both are about 1.25" drop

hondakingDOM said:
i just put a set of 19"/18" volk challenge wheels on a stock nsx and i would like to get rid of the 4x4 look real fast. What's the best set to get ? I dont want to slam it i just want it to sit nicely on the wheels and not look like a kids car.
There's no way to make it look more like a "kid's car" than by putting 18"/19" wheels on it... ;)

As always there's some guy or gal that has does not have any input on the question at hand and casts his personal abstract and trivial opinion on a whole different topic. C'mon just step your game and stack your paper up and you'll get there! Thanx guys for the TEIN and EIBACH info.

hondakingDOM said:
As always there's some guy or gal that has does not have any input on the question at hand and casts his personal abstract and trivial opinion on a whole different topic.
Bull. It was a direct reply to a comment you made, not a "whole different topic".

This is a public forum where people can post what they want, as long as it's within the rules. You can't control what people post. If you don't like the way that works, then don't post.

It was also a JOKE which is why it had the SMILIE attached to it. Obviously you have no sense of humor. Too bad - life must suck for you.

hey my reply was also a joke:cool: However u could not reply on spring info and at the same time your bashing the 19"/18" guys because of your personal pref. U should understand that this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to the their opinion but dont have to post it. I guess life sucks for me the guy who bought his nsx eight years ago (my 1st car) who was busy hooking up his other cars and now decides to start on the acura and just seeking just some advise? Your nsx must be the pinnacle of your success However for some of us we have attained many goals in life and this was just one. Anyway im not going to give u a reason to keep living and go back and forth with u. Lets make peace??? If not keep working hard you'll get there.

hondakingDOM said:
However u could not reply on spring info and at the same time your bashing the 19"/18" guys because of your personal pref.
Bullshit. It was a joke. I know you can't accept that because you're too busy flaming here. You claim you want to make peace, but you can't fool us because at the same time you're still flaming. Again, too bad life sucks for you because you have no sense of humor...

hondakingDOM said:
interesting, tell me more bro.

Bilsteins on lower perch with stock springs drop the car 7/8" which I don't think is enough if you think the tein s-techs won't lower enough. Another option is to get bilsteins and cut a custom groove at whatever height you want.

I second that...You can put your stock spring on the lower perch of the Bilstein shock.

It will lower about 1 inch all around...and give you a final result of about 2 fingers gap all around. The shock is about $550....

Here are some topics on it: There are tons of more topic and pictures on this. Search for bilstein and go through all the thread about them.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67912
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69275
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=603769
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65907

Personally, I do regret my purchase because I want ZERO fingers gap now :). Yes...that's bad for the car but i love the looks of it. If you have the money, then get the coilover so you can adjust it to your height if 2 fingers gap is not good enough. I can survive w/ my current setup, but I'll just take the extra saving and spend it on other goodies.

Psychobiology said:
How about Bilstein shocks using OEM springs on the lower perch? That's what I'm planning on doing.

i'm checking that out right now guys. Sounds logical and practical thanx for info.
Its amazing what trouble other people can stir up on when thier supervisor's on his /her cigarette break:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

hondakingDOM said:

Why not go with coilovers and be done with it? You get to lower it *exactly* where you want it and once it's there, why would you be jacking your car up to adjust the height every time? If you change your mind that often, no fixed height suspension will do for you.:biggrin:

I also wonder why the Bilsteins sound like an answer because not only do you have to jack the car up to adjust, you have to remove and disassemble/re-assemble the strut/spring unit.:cool:

J

I am happy with my HR springs on 18/19 setup.

Pictures are in the gallery.

I've got 19/18 TSW's and I'm on Comptech Springs. Just look at my profile pic to see the wheel gap. I think it's perfect. And I don't think it looks like a "kids car" at all. :wink:

Back