• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Supercharger?

I think your car is much faster now than it ever was Bryan. The problem is you are looking for the sensation of speed i.e. tires breaking loose early, smaller turbos=faster spoolup as well. Your new setup and new turbo is just right and much more driveable. From what I understand the reason your car lost traction had nothing to do with power but more to do with the bad suspension setup. As I understand it that was fixed and now the car hooks up a hell of a lot better.

I also wouldn't say that you are used to the 600whp speed as much as you probably don't drive it at WOT enough to get the most out of the car. Since the power is at the top of the curve now you have to redline it to get that speed. As we saw on that one street we were driving on that felt pretty G damn fast. The funnier part is when you rode in my car and you thought my car felt fast. My car is no way as scary as your "time machine" I think you need to drive it more at fast speeds. The problem with that is where are you going to do that?

My cars aren't that fast but I still don't drive them that hard 90% of the time now since I am avoiding getting into trouble. So I am not saying it is just you. I don't drive my car like that either. It is hard when you don't drive it very often.

Haha, good points. But give it a couple of weeks. I bet you'll be wanting more power and boost. Oh wait a minute, you've already got the high boost kit and intercooler? :biggrin::tongue: See what I mean? Speed crack pipe... :wink:

I'm also currently looking to add a CT supercharger to my 1994, California car and I want to keep it emissions legal.

Has anyone found any good deals on this supercharger, the best price I've found so far is 8995.00, I want to purchase out of Calif. to avoid sales tax.

Thanks

I'm also currently looking to add a CT supercharger to my 1994, California car and I want to keep it emissions legal.

Has anyone found any good deals on this supercharger, the best price I've found so far is 8995.00, I want to purchase out of Calif. to avoid sales tax.

Thanks

your best bet is to keep on top of the prime market place for guys or gals selling a used comptech unit.

We just finished installing my CT SC autoroter today that I bought on Prime, I can't believe I waited this long, what a difference!
Another week I'll have my CT headers, and I'll probably still have this stupid grin on my face :smile:

I am probably one of those guys who should just learn to drive his car better. But I have a technical question to ask.

Turbos have more power, and keep building power throughout the RPM range...

Superchargers have instant power and torque

Why not combine the two?

Have a SC and a turbo system that work together to get the best of both worlds?

It shoudl be a challenge but not impossible to have a SC get you to 4500rpm and let a large turbo kick in.

I may be talking out of my ass, Im just starting to learn about cars. But has anyone tried it?

Jman

Im sure the first one would be VERY expensive, but once you got it all set up right and you made enough of them it shouldnt be too horrible.... right?

Im serious, has anyone ever tried it in any car?

Jman

Your talking about a twin-charge setup. I've seen it on a Mustang, and I have seen it done on a Saturn...yes a Saturn.

This thread is about "which supercharger" but it really should be called "super or turbo".... and the debate continues.. I talked to lovefab and SOS... im more confused than ever!

Jman

We just finished installing my CT SC autoroter today that I bought on Prime, I can't believe I waited this long, what a difference!
Another week I'll have my CT headers, and I'll probably still have this stupid grin on my face :smile:

Are you the lucky one that got Deltron's used Autorotor?

Thanks Chris,

Everything was perfect, no problems finding all the parts or with the install. CT Engineering sent me the new CARB sticker I needed also.

Michael

We removed that off Dan's car in preparation for him selling the car - you got a nice kit!

So let me get this straight........when Dan's car was sitting there in your bay, and I was standing in your hallway asking if I could give you a deposit for the next available used supercharger, you didn't even think to mention that maybe I could call Dan? Thanks a pantload, Chris. :cool:

We didn't have anything to do with the sale - supercharger was sold before we saw the car. If you're interested in a kit, we are removing a Comptech kit from a NSX next month.

Good luck with the sale Dan, your car is really nice.

-- Chris

So let me get this straight........when Dan's car was sitting there in your bay, and I was standing in your hallway asking if I could give you a deposit for the next available used supercharger, you didn't even think to mention that maybe I could call Dan? Thanks a pantload, Chris. :cool:

MATT,
Can you spell...........OBSESSION!!!!!!!
Brad

1. At what point must you have a built engine with a turbo?
2. How much money does it cost to build the engine?
3. For street driving, what is the most HP one should shoot for
4. Can those who have had both systems reply with your experience and which one you prefer and what you had and what you have now

Thanks
Jason

captainjman said:
1. At what point must you have a built engine with a turbo?
2. How much money does it cost to build the engine?
3. For street driving, what is the most HP one should shoot for
4. Can those who have had both systems reply with your experience and which one you prefer and what you had and what you have now

It was great to talk with you Jason. I'll answer your questions to the best of my knowledge and experience.

1. 3.2 liter engines can easily and reliably withstand 430-450WHP with proper tuning. There are several LoveFab-equipped 3.2's running around with well over 430WHP. We currently have a 3.2 running at 478WHP and has been for several thousand miles with some harsh track days intermingled with those miles. Here is a quick video of this NSX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQt1uwuxzWc

2. Engine builds through LoveFab, Inc. with installation run in the neighborhood of $8-15,000 depending on options. The 3.2 engine must be resleeved which is a significant portion of this cost. The result is a fully balance, blueprinted fire breathing machine that will last several years at full song(again, depending on your driving habits).

3. The NSX chassis in factory form supports 550WHP pretty well. Much more power than that and things become downright scary due to traction issues and chassis flex. It should be noted that brake upgrades are highly recommended at these power levels.

4. With many dozens of installs(many of whom are not Prime participants), LoveFab has had nothing but happy customers. With your close proximity, should there be a problem, we will be on the way to remedy your situation. However, based purely on our success rate, your car will be in good hands with LoveFab!

Let me know if you have anymore questions Jason, I would be glad to assist.

Last Attempt:

I have read people who have switched from superchargers to turbo and "never looked back". Are there ANY people that had a turbo and switched to supercharger?

Jman

My ex-girlfriend's dad had a twin turbos and dual blowers. He started with the dual superchargers on a built 350 in a '56 Nomad and then took the motor out and added the twin turbos and put it in a '56 Chevy truck. fast wasn't the word...R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!!!

My advice?

Go CT, all the way. There are systems that will net you more HP and TQ but overall, unless you like your car being in the shop all the tiem, sacrifice a little power for reliability.

the "4 prong" CT kit (intake, headers, exhaust, SC) is an awesome value and will give you around 100 HP.

Also, stick with the stock clutch unless it has high miles. The OEM clutches in NSX's are excellent.

Back